Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:29:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Non Technical Analysis of BitCoin Market  (Read 2644 times)
wb3 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

^Check Out^ Isle 3

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 07:02:06 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2011, 07:12:32 PM by wb3

Wow, what has happened to the BitCoin. The price has skyrocketed. There are Bulls and Bears everywhere. Some have given excellent insight to the Market and analyzed it using the latest and greatest models for financial markets.

Rather than dive into the RSI, MACD, PVT, etc..., etc.... Lets take a look at it from a different perspective. Since, I don't personally believe one can do a Technical Analysis on the BTC Market using basically one Exchange (MTGOX). Rather lets try to figure out the why and the who of the BTC Market.

For the most part, BTC can still not be used for everyday transactions. You can't pay your rent, tuition, car payment, etc... with them. Hence, this is a speculative market, with the expectation that one day you will be able to do the above. Then there are the miners. Miners need to have the price go up when the difficulty goes up. Or mining is not as profitable for them.

There are 3 users in the market. The investors, miners, speculators are the main driving force behind the BTC. Of these, most are young and of a technical nature. <-- Important as to figuring out market swings. The investors buy BTC with the intent to hold their position in the market. The miners are in it for the money for the most part. Miners have to pay for their rigs and electricity. Then there are the speculators. Who are not only in it for the money but to make lots of money.

Lets discount the investors, as they provide a temporary price boost as they buy. But since BTC is hovering around $8 per BTC more and more will not be able to invest as the price eliminates them from the market.

The miners, which are a driving force currently on MTGOX. Their behavior is predictable. They will drive the price up and try to cash in at the highest price. Which works. FOR AWHILE. Miners compete using basically what comes down to Random Chance + Processing Power. The Random Chance part of the equation will slowly eat up the in efficient pool of miners. However, there will always be a place for miners, if they mind their power bills and rig costs.

That leaves Speculators. Speculators have two sub groups the Professional and Amateur groups. The Amateur uses gut feeling on whether the price is going to go up or go down, or otherwise known as FISH. Then you have the Professionals. The Pros are keenly aware of all that is taking place. They know the number of accounts MTGOX has, they know the mining statistics, they know when the mining pools pay out their BTC to the pool, they know about arbitrage opportunities or inter exchange advantage. The Pros know how many clients are out there and the average that is being used.

So lets look at the Pro speculator. They drive the market, literally. They can cause up swings and down swings because they are aware of all the statistics. They have even written BOTS to take advantage of it. I will let you wonder what else that is known.

The BTC has been taken over by.... Wait for it..... Capitalists. With everything that comes with them, including the corruption. My advice would be to not put a lot of money into BTC or MTGOX. While MTGOX has had a good record so far, the software isn't FOSS. And before you trade a large amount ask yourself do you know MTGOX, where is it (Japan), who runs it (MagicalTux). MTGOX does have an incentive to be legitimate, especially with recent volumes on the exchange.

Now for the Non-Technical Analysis:

The BTC has to be considers an investment stock, not a currency at the moment. The current price of the BTC is to expensive for more investors to take a chance on the stock. Basically, the BTC has priced its self out of the market. Demand will fall for the BTC. The current price will continue to rise until certain Miners and Bots loose in the MTGOX exchange. The current players will loose interest in the BTC and move on to less expensive ventures.

Current Outlook: Bearish - expect a hard fall after the peak. Danger of loosing all interest in the BTC from New Investors.

Advice: Currently, Sell 80% of BTC, Hold 20%.

Expected Fall: 90% loss of value.

How to bring Stability: Trusted Multi-Country Exchanges, introduction of an Options Market, and finally be able to use BTC in everyday purchases.

Remember the Pros, have Bots, Algorithms, and (yes inside information) , etc.... And know who the players are. Do You? As long as the market is volatile, stay out of it with large sums of money.

Let me, leave you with an old story.

A man goes to the track and parlays $5 dollars into $120 dollars. He then proceeds to loose $120 dollars. Goes home and the wife asks; how much did you loose? He says only $5.  <-- He is your typical Gambler. The Pro - tells his wife that he lost $120.

Or better put: A bird in the hand is worth more than 2 in the bush. Smiley

Have a Good Day !!!

Net Worth = 0.10    Hah, "Net" worth Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 07:08:38 PM

One of my writer did an analysis of the possible causes for the rise of bitcoin prices: http://bitcoinweekly.com/articles/causes-behind-the-bitcoin-price-rally

I have to througly disagree with the idea is that bitcoin is a mere investment stock. People are actually using it to fund companies, sell foods, etc.

Drifter

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 07:13:14 PM

How I see this thread playing out:

If prices stay steady - "These prices are too volatile. Sell sell sell!"
If prices increase - "This is getting more dangerous! Sell sell sell!"
If prices drop - "I was right! Get ready for the drop! Sell sell sell!"

The end.

brocktice

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2011, 07:16:54 PM

Trying to drive price down? Smiley

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
Justsomeforumuser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 08:44:15 PM

One of my writer did an analysis of the possible causes for the rise of bitcoin prices: http://bitcoinweekly.com/articles/causes-behind-the-bitcoin-price-rally

It's funny, I brought up similiar/the same arguments as in the first paragraph myself (or did the guy just take them from my posts today?).

Other than that/on topic: yet another lolthread.  Shocked Grin Cheesy

Ho-Hum.
k

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 09:08:01 PM

Trying to drive price down? Smiley

that's what I thought too.
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 09:14:15 PM

I buy at any price.  If price gets very high, I just buy less, but I still buy.

Every day I receive some stupid euros as dividends from my stock portfolio.  I must get rid of them and buying bitcoins is a nice way to say xxxx to JC Trichet, Ben Bernanke and cie.

In other words, you forgot one type of buyer:  the one who is politically motivated.

koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 10:07:38 PM

s/loose/lose/g
DukeOfEarl

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 02:15:13 AM

In other words, you forgot one type of buyer:  the one who is politically motivated.

+1
Longmarch

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 04:47:35 AM

s/loose/lose/g

Indeed and thank you.
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2011, 06:52:32 AM

...or otherwise known as FISH.
...how much did you lose?

Poker player detected. Cool

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2011, 07:08:18 AM

I have to througly disagree with the idea is that bitcoin is a mere investment stock. People are actually using it to fund companies, sell foods, etc.

I bought a 5870 using dollars. Once that was payed off from mining I then bought portal 2 using bitcoins I mined. I just ordered a 5850 using some more of my mined bitcoins. I intend to keep flipping my mined coins or invest some on glbse once I familiarize myself with the interface.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: