Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:52:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM Beta is here!  (Read 2919 times)
xtester (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:00:08 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 10:47:52 PM by xtester

After countless hours of hard work and continuous effort we are very proud to announce the release of NEM beta client.

For more info please check the following link: https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2546.msg6923#msg6923

rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:04:27 PM

After countless hours of hard work and continuous effort we are very proud to announce the release of NEM beta client.

For more info please check the following link: https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2546.msg6923#msg6923

Coins nowhere to be seen....
xtester (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:22:13 PM

Coins nowhere to be seen....

Are you referring to the distribution? Well, it will naturally happen only after the beta will be heavily tested to make sure everything works properly.
degxtra1

Activity: 228
Merit: 46

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:35:06 PM

Thanks guys for your hard work. going download and heavily test it right now
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:09:36 AM

New accounts have to wait 24 hours until harvesting

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
SamWalters

Activity: 238

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 01:32:27 AM

I heard great things just recently about this beta release. Good luck with everything and great job on the on going developments NEM community + team!

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
misterycoins

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:12:55 AM

I am invested in this coin and I hope you are right
xtester (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:18:04 AM

If anyone wants some test NEM, please paste your addresses here: https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2547.new#new
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 05:58:38 AM

I downloaded the one click installer on Windows 8.1 and it worked very well. 

Coinsy

Activity: 163

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 07:03:40 PM

Looking good. Downloaded smoothly on mac.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 08:28:05 PM

Great to see...again, I'm sorry I missed out. Smiley

Just three questions:

1. I just downloaded it, and entered in my info, but when I got into the browser wallet I got this message: "NIS requires to be booted. Please open your wallet and boot a local node via the popup dialog or configure the auto-boot setting." How would I do that?

2. I tried copying my Account ID to the clipboard using the Settings button and selecting "Copy address to clipboard." I got the message "Address has been copied to clipboard!" three times, but the address only hit the clipboard the third time. Prior to those first two attempts, my clipboard was emptied thanks to me using Keepass - and for the first two tries, it stayed empty. Did I just bump into something idiosyncratic to myself, or is this replicable with another user also using Keepass? 

3. My Account ID is: TA4UCM-LOWNMF-T65KIB-6ES6XG-LLRG6A-JNV3P4-6CLD [Note To Mods: Me posing this here is neither a solicitation nor a response to any prior solicitation. This ID is solely posted so I can ask a question about the NEM account system.]  I take it that the ID string is Reed-Solomonized from a pure number. So here's the question: how many bits' worth of entropy did you guys come up with for the Account IDs?

Thanks.  Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:31:06 PM

3. My Account ID is: TA4UCM-LOWNMF-T65KIB-6ES6XG-LLRG6A-JNV3P4-6CLD [Note To Mods: Me posing this here is neither a solicitation nor a response to any prior solicitation. This ID is solely posted so I can ask a question about the NEM account system.]  I take it that the ID string is Reed-Solomonized from a pure number. So here's the question: how many bits' worth of entropy did you guys come up with for the Account IDs?

The address is derived from the public key and a version byte.
Here are the steps:

// step 1: sha3 hash of the public key
      final byte[] sha3PublicKeyHash = Hashes.sha3_256(publicKey);

// step 2: ripemd160 hash of (1)
      final byte[] ripemd160StepOneHash = Hashes.ripemd160(sha3PublicKeyHash);

// step 3: add version byte in front of (2)
      final byte[] versionPrefixedRipemd160Hash = ArrayUtils.concat(new byte[] { version }, ripemd160StepOneHash);

// step 4: get the checksum of (3)
      final byte[] stepThreeChecksum = generateChecksum(versionPrefixedRipemd160Hash);

// step 5: concatenate (3) and (4)
      final byte[] concatStepThreeAndStepSix = ArrayUtils.concat(versionPrefixedRipemd160Hash, stepThreeChecksum);

// step 6: base32 encode (5)
      return Base32Encoder.getString(concatStepThreeAndStepSix);

So I guess it is about 160 bits of information.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
xtester (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:33:07 PM

Just three questions:

1. I just downloaded it, and entered in my info, but when I got into the browser wallet I got this message: "NIS requires to be booted. Please open your wallet and boot a local node via the popup dialog or configure the auto-boot setting." How would I do that?

2. I tried copying my Account ID to the clipboard using the Settings button and selecting "Copy address to clipboard." I got the message "Address has been copied to clipboard!" three times, but the address only hit the clipboard the third time. Prior to those first two attempts, my clipboard was emptied thanks to me using Keepass - and for the first two tries, it stayed empty. Did I just bump into something idiosyncratic to myself, or is this replicable with another user also using Keepass? 

Thanks.  Smiley

Hi Nxtblg,

1. On the right-upper corner of the screen, near your name you will find a drop-down menu. Click that and choose "boot local node".

2. Have you tried to reproduce the issue?
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:02:27 PM

The address is derived from the public key and a version byte.
Here are the steps:

// step 1: sha3 hash of the public key
      final byte[] sha3PublicKeyHash = Hashes.sha3_256(publicKey);

// step 2: ripemd160 hash of (1)
      final byte[] ripemd160StepOneHash = Hashes.ripemd160(sha3PublicKeyHash);

// step 3: add version byte in front of (2)
      final byte[] versionPrefixedRipemd160Hash = ArrayUtils.concat(new byte[] { version }, ripemd160StepOneHash);

// step 4: get the checksum of (3)
      final byte[] stepThreeChecksum = generateChecksum(versionPrefixedRipemd160Hash);

// step 5: concatenate (3) and (4)
      final byte[] concatStepThreeAndStepSix = ArrayUtils.concat(versionPrefixedRipemd160Hash, stepThreeChecksum);

// step 6: base32 encode (5)
      return Base32Encoder.getString(concatStepThreeAndStepSix);

So I guess it is about 160 bits of information.

Thanks!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:07:58 PM

Just three questions:

Thanks.  Smiley

Hi Nxtblg,

1. On the right-upper corner of the screen, near your name you will find a drop-down menu. Click that and choose "boot local node".

2. Have you tried to reproduce the issue?

Hi yourself, xtester,

1. Thanks.

2. Not yet. I'll try it later and I'll give you a shout with what happened that time.  Smiley

evok3d

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:47:03 PM

Nice work guys!

Great to see the overall progress.

M E   D I   A
P  R -    ▄▄███████▄▄   
  ▄██████▀██████▄ 
 ███████   ███████
▐██████     ██████▌
██████▌     ▐██████
▐██████     ██████▌
 ▀██████▄ ▄██████▀
   ▀███████████▀  
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
- T  O  C - O - L
MEDIA Protocol in Action
              ▄▄██████▄▄
            ▄████████████▄
           █████▌ ▀▀███████
   ▄████▄▄██████     ▀█████▌
 ▄███▀ ▀████████      ▐█████
▐███▌   ▐████████      ████▌
▐███    ██████████▄▄  ▐████
 ▀███▄▄████▀▀████████████▀
   ▀▀███▀▀     ▀▀████▀▀
   ▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄    
 ████████████████████████▄  
▐███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌ 
████████████▀▀▀        █████ 
█████████▀             █████ 
███████              ▐█████ 
█████▀               ██████ 
███▌              ▄██████ 
█████             ▄█████████ 
████▌          ▄▄██████████ 
▐████▄▄▄▄██████████████████▌ 
 ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀▀███████████████████▀    
extrabyte
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:23:35 PM

Nem starts a little slow, but the launch will be amazing
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 05:15:23 AM

There is a new version.  0.4.17 and it is loading fast and working well!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: