Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:05:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointellect steals your Hashing Power  (Read 4644 times)
Convicted2008 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 09:12:01 PM

I recently had issues with Cointellect. Here's my story.

For almost a month I ran a 1.3mh Gaw Miner. I received daily payouts of around 1.5 euro's a day which was great. So I thought to myself why not use more hashing power. For 2 days I ran a little over 15mh in their pool. I never received any different payout. So I emailed them and asked them about this. They have no response for 2 days now after I emailed them with screenshots and proof that I was mining in their pool at 15mh. I would ask that you base your decision on this. They steal your hashing power pure and simple. Don't believe me? Try it yourself. You will be scammed out of your hashing power. Just trying to let everyone know before they are stole from like me.

aakashkumar

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:56:09 PM

website is offline now ? Cheesy
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:19:48 PM

Post in the service discussion, or scam accusation, maybe?

The mining market has indeed some bad apples. More than I would feel comfortable to deal
thew3apon

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:49:03 AM

I recently had issues with Cointellect. Here's my story.

For almost a month I ran a 1.3mh Gaw Miner. I received daily payouts of around 1.5 euro's a day which was great. So I thought to myself why not use more hashing power. For 2 days I ran a little over 15mh in their pool. I never received any different payout. So I emailed them and asked them about this. They have no response for 2 days now after I emailed them with screenshots and proof that I was mining in their pool at 15mh. I would ask that you base your decision on this. They steal your hashing power pure and simple. Don't believe me? Try it yourself. You will be scammed out of your hashing power. Just trying to let everyone know before they are stole from like me.

Did I get it right, you are saying you increase your mining power from 1.3mh to 15 mh which is about 11 times higher and get no different in payout?
Convicted2008 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 02:30:53 AM

Yeah I screenshot everything. The hashrate I got paid out for is for what I get on a 1.3mh miner. You would think if you do x10 more hashing power they would at least attempt to cover it up some. But they didn't.

Convicted2008 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 02:36:31 AM

Is there a way to post screenshots on here? I can't seem to find a way to. I must be overlooking it somewhere. But I will upload screenshots once I figure it out for everyone to see and base their decision on it. I'm not saying that they will get ripped, but I would advise against putting some major hashing power into them.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 05:19:59 AM

Is there a way to post screenshots on here? I can't seem to find a way to. I must be overlooking it somewhere. But I will upload screenshots once I figure it out for everyone to see and base their decision on it. I'm not saying that they will get ripped, but I would advise against putting some major hashing power into them.

Upload the images to imgur.com

Then use the tags here.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
DFS

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:37:04 AM

That sucks to here, I was considering using them to get me some extra coins. Thanks for the heads up.
jc01480

Activity: 854

Nope..

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:41:08 PM

Oh my, more 31337 stuff, eh?  How sophisticated.
Convicted2008 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 06:22:08 PM

The first one is the daily payout graph on Cointellect.com
https://i.imgur.com/0CeDgUU.png

This one is the graph from the miner I rented to mine in Cointellect's mining pool.
https://i.imgur.com/nX6zjJH.png

This one is of their own software but even it is wrong.
https://i.imgur.com/KER8IRa.png

Convicted2008 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 06:42:00 PM

If you look at the dates the miner was rented and the payout dates you will see that my payout actually decreased.  Huh
If that doesn't show how they steal your hashing power, idk what else I can show.

cointellect

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:46:29 PM

We are not stealing anything and it states right in the TOS, and elsewhere - our platform DOES NOT support {ASIC, miners} so that is your own decision to increase power beyond what we provide or advertise^

Your increased usage of hash power does not prove anything except going against our policy - let alone us stealing anything "is simply slanderous!"

We are not dependent on people who chose to try take advantage of our platform beyond what we offer for the average pc user! And we will be making adjustments for more sophisticated ASIC miners in the near future, also stated - as I'm sure you were told by support - should I look for the transcripts of email response sent to you - and provide that screenshot here, along with TOS?!
jc01480

Activity: 854

Nope..

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:51:05 PM

We are not stealing anything and it states right in the TOS, and elsewhere - our platform DOES NOT support {ASIC, miners} so that is your own decision to increase power beyond what we provide or advertise^

Your increased usage of hash power does not prove anything except going against our policy - let alone us stealing anything "is simply slanderous!"

We are not dependent on people who chose to try take advantage of our platform beyond what we offer for the average pc user! And we will be making adjustments for more sophisticated ASIC miners in the near future, also stated - as I'm sure you were told by support - should I look for the transcripts of email response sent to you - and provide that screenshot here, along with TOS?!

Wait, I thought I was the scammer here?  Lol...
Convicted2008 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 08:39:02 PM

This reminds me of the South Park episode "The Humancentipad"

Convicted2008 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 04:59:39 AM

I mean if its against TOS then why have a setup guide? That don't make no sense.

http://imgur.com/kWiq2p0

But yet we are encouraged to take advantage of the pool..lol..

Tdowns

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:00:46 AM

They also ran a signature campaign which they did not pay for. So probably it was a scam.
Convicted2008 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 05:04:06 AM

Their represenatives did infact contact me today and stated that they would be adding the appropriate funds to my account. If there was a error on their part I do understand. I am not above making mistakes or unexpected issues arise. But when they stopped talking to me a week ago about this, I had to take matters into my own hands. All they had to do is add the appropriate funds to my account. Its not like I was claiming a 30% stake in their company..

Convicted2008 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 05:10:31 PM

Here's a update to the situtation. They sent my account 3 Euro's. When I was mining with a 1.3mh miner I was receiving 1.5 Euros per day at that rate. So they paid me 1.5 euro's per day for 15mh. Make your own decision based on that.

ashe

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 06:04:20 AM

so are they legit or what?
Convicted2008 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 09:56:58 AM

Read above statement.