Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:25:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for someone to use their credit/debit card to refill a eNom account  (Read 2169 times)
antares

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 10:27:53 PM

be careful when using a debit card in another name than the one in your account. some registrars lock up your domain a few days/weeks later and blackmail you to send them some ID + kinds of ridiculous stuff. Namecheap and godaddy did this, when I tried to use a gift card, hetzner even asked for my birth certificate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TizzyTazzy (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 01:46:28 AM

Next time use a registrar that accepts bitcoin:

- https://www.nameterrific.com  (by Zhou Tong)  (no bitcoin payment through the site itself yet, but PM him to pay. He's adding options for bitcoins.)
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82566.0

They are just resellers, eNom is a domain reseller account.

I accept BTC for my web hosting services as well.

red123

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 03:50:20 AM

I funded the account and received the coins instantly. He gave me a good deal too.

Thanks!
TizzyTazzy (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 04:49:20 AM

I funded the account and received the coins instantly. He gave me a good deal too.

Thanks!

Thanks for the trade man, much appreciated.

miernik

Activity: 334

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 07:43:03 PM

For the knowledge or everyone:

I called my bank asking about why I couldn't pay with my MasterCard. They looked up in the system, and there where in fact two authorization requests from eNom when I tried to pay, and they where rejected by my bank because the authorization requests either didn't include the CVC2 code or had a wrong CVC2 code (she couldn't tell me which of these two problems it was, but definitively the problem was with CVC2).

I for sure entered to right CVC2 code for the card, especially that I tried twice, and I use the card on many other websites and it worked, so eNom or its payment processor must have not transmitted the CVC2 to MasterCard correctly or not transmitted it at all.

red123: when you finally succeeded to make this payment, was it a Visa or MasterCard?

Maybe they have a problem with their transmission of auth data to one of these networks, but not the other.

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 07:56:51 PM

I called my bank asking about why I couldn't pay with my MasterCard. They looked up in the system, and there where in fact two authorization requests from eNom when I tried to pay, and they where rejected by my bank because the authorization requests either didn't include the CVC2 code or had a wrong CVC2 code (she couldn't tell me which of these two problems it was, but definitively the problem was with CVC2).

I for sure entered to right CVC2 code for the card, especially that I tried twice, and I use the card on many other websites and it worked, so eNom or its payment processor must have not transmitted the CVC2 to MasterCard correctly or not transmitted it at all.

red123: when you finally succeeded to make this payment, was it a Visa or MasterCard?

Maybe they have a problem with their transmission of auth data to one of these networks, but not the other.

Mine was also a Mastercard.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
red123

Activity: 244

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 11:51:53 PM

I actually funded the account through pay pal.

At first, I tried just my card which is a Visa. I also know I put in the right information but it gave me the error "problem with pre authorization" or something to that effect. It did not go through..

I did pay with the same visa, just through pay pal, which I had to add a automatic payment contract and then delete it and cancel it from within pay pal before I signed out.

I am not sure what the issue was, but the information was already filled in for the account owner so they might just not accept CCs is other names/addresses, not sure, I know that some are more strict than others.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: