Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:15:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] FOO.PPPPT - Perpetual Pure Pirate Pass-Through Bonds - 7% weekly  (Read 12758 times)
bitfoo (OP)
Donator

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 08:09:22 AM

Yesterday's coupon payment went off smoothly. Still travelling though. Bond sales temporarily suspended until I get back and figure out what my standing with BS&T will be in August.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 03:30:17 PM

The rate has been lowered in the title, without any explanation, from 7% to 6.67%...
The bonds are being traded today for even below 1.0 BTC...

What does it mean?

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
Asunder8

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:47:12 PM

The rate has been lowered in the title, without any explanation, from 7% to 6.67%...

What does it mean?

The title change was done a while back (as in a couple of weeks ago) to reflect the return on the lowest sale price from the issuer.

0.07/1.05 = 6.67%

Troll harder please.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:51:07 PM

I didn't realize not catching some information in a thread was trolling.   Roll Eyes

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 03:52:02 PM

What does it mean?

The title change was done a while back (as in a couple of weeks ago) to reflect the return on the lowest sale price from the issuer.

0.07/1.05 = 6.67%

Troll harder please.
I would have thanked you if you didn't answer like an ass Smiley

I still don't understand why people are selling below 1.00, if they can just use the buyback and get 1.07 on Monday.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
bitfoo (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:56:17 PM

Bonds have a face value of 1 BTC, but were being sold for 1.05 BTC, with a 0.07 BTC weekly coupon. I didn't want to be accused of false advertising. People who bought in at 1 BTC got (and are still getting) a 7% return.

I'm still waiting on pirate to give me information about my trust account status, so that I can continue at 7%. The two other options are - send the funds through another pass-through for 7% (ugh), or buy-back at the end of July. I suspended my own bond sales until I can figure this out, which seemingly triggered some panic.

Either way, bonds on sale at GLBSE are quite cheap now: buy buy buy!

piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 03:57:47 PM

Either way, bonds on sale at GLBSE are quite cheap now: buy buy buy!
Yeah. I wish I still had some money Smiley

Asunder8

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:57:56 PM

I didn't realize not catching some information in a thread was trolling.   Roll Eyes

Based on the poster's other replies, he/she is trying to reduce confidence in BTCST/PPTs as it is. Hence, it's rather convenient that he/she noticed just now.

The market has reduced confidence on its own. It appears people want their money out now before another "Did Pirate pay?" Monday rolls around, hence sub-1 BTC sales. Great time to purchase PPT shares if you're into em.
bitfoo (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:59:04 PM

I still don't understand why people are selling below 1.00, if they can just use the buyback and get 1.07 on Monday.

I don't intend to fuel the panic fire, but I can only do limited buy-backs now because the minimum balance for a trust account is 5000 BTC, and we are barely above this level.

humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:00:43 PM

Thanks for the information!

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 04:15:36 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2012, 04:53:32 PM by piotr_n

Based on the poster's other replies, he/she is trying to reduce confidence in BTCST/PPTs as it is.
Does anyone who says things, which you just don't understand is trying to reduce confidence in BTCST/PPTs? Smiley

I'm guessing you are jumping onto me because I dared to explain why the PPT.x bonds' insurance is not a real insurance but only an illusion, so there is no real reason why their interest should be so much lower from the other PPT bonds.
Well I can repeat it: it's not a real insurance and if you don't get it then I'm sorry for you - not going to educate you further.

bitfoo (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:17:44 PM

PS: If bond-holders have liked this service and feel like they trust me, feel free to give me a rating on -otc, as a good WoT rating is one of the criteria for trust accounts.

waltmarkers

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:24:46 PM

PS: If bond-holders have liked this service and feel like they trust me, feel free to give me a rating on -otc, as a good WoT rating is one of the criteria for trust accounts.

If you meet the WoT rating, can you confirm you will be able to continue the 7%?
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 04:50:30 PM

If you meet the WoT rating, can you confirm you will be able to continue the 7%?
Bitcoinmax and TYGRR.BOND-P have already announced that they are going to keep the rate unchanged, so I guess it's a matter of size to stay at 7%.
And, of course, the "security deposit"...

bitfoo (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 05:23:38 PM

I can confirm 7% if (1) I get the trust account, and (2) the total amount invested (including any security deposit) attracts >= 7%. If needed, I will sell/buyback bonds only once a month to ensure a stable balance. If I end up getting more than 7% due to bonuses / whatever, all benefits will be passed through (it's in the contract!)

I'm unsure of the exact mechanics of how these things work, because I missed the IRC meeting about this while I was away. Pirate has promised to send me logs of this meeting, so I'm still waiting on that.

btharper

Activity: 389

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 07:13:32 AM

My impression has always been that you'll pay your bonds out at whatever rate you're able to get so I'm just hoping you'll be able to get at or above the older 7%.

I am curious if you've heard whether or not the security deposit will receive interest or not as this could change the effective interest rate everyone receives. Any word on this yet?
bitfoo (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 07:35:51 AM

My impression has always been that you'll pay your bonds out at whatever rate you're able to get so I'm just hoping you'll be able to get at or above the older 7%.

This is correct: according to the contract, I'm only liable to pay out whatever I get. But it turns out that 5832 BTC is nowhere near close to the amount that's required to even get the 7% interest rate (unless someone wants to buy 20000 bonds wholesale right now). Dropping interest rates down to 3.9% (savings account) or 5% (trust account tier 1) at this stage is out of the question - if it comes down to that, I think invoking the buyback clause and closing the fund is probably a better deal for everyone because 7% or close to it is being offered by other bond issuers. However, I am currently in discussions with other trust account holders to get a 7% sub-account. I will update when I get full confirmation of the various options available to me.

btharper

Activity: 389

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 07:48:34 AM

Here's to another week watching for pirate to throw interest to bitfoo before it gets doled out to everyone else.

By the way @bitfoo, any update over the past week as to what's going to happen with the fund in about two weeks?

Also, if the fund closes, I'm assuming there will there be a coupon payment on the 30th still as normal?
bitfoo (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 09:24:06 AM

Sorry for the late update, but hopefully we've worked out something that should be good news for all.

Pirate's new account tiers strongly encourage consolidation. Smaller accounts simply cannot compete any more. Operating this fund under a subaccount of another trust account holder usually ends up being a conflict of interest. So here is the plan:

FOO.PPPPT is being taken over by brendio's Bitcoin Investment Bank. The next two interest payments (Jul 23rd and 30th) will be paid out by me, after which brendio will take over. The fund will keep the same ticker, and will continue to pay out 0.07 BTC per bond at least for the forseeable future. We will soon publish a signed statement documenting this transfer of ownership and liability. To be clear, after the Jul 30th takeover, brendio will be fully responsible for managing the fund and paying out coupons. I will have no relationship with FOO.PPPPT apart from holding some bonds myself.

Brendio and the BIB have been managing many funds on GLBSE much larger than mine, and should be at least as trusted, if not more, than I am. But this takeover still involves a change in counterparty risk for this fund. Due to this, I will provide a buy-back option for the next two weeks, without any fees. The procedure will be the same as documented in the OP: send me the bonds by Monday 02:00 AM GLBSE time, and I will credit 1.07 BTC per bond as soon as pirate sends back the funds. All funds remaining in my account after interest payment on Jul 30th will be transferred to brendio's BS&T account. I assume brendio will provide more details about how the fund will be operated after the transfer.

More details will come as we work them out. Feel free to shoot questions or concerns in the mean time.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 09:34:03 AM

Have you made sure that brendio will honor the "FOO.PPPPT will always pay out the full amount of interest available" clause? Meaning, if he earns more than 7%, he has to pay even more than 0.07 BTC/week?

I invested in this, as it is the highest (even highest possible) yielding PPT on the market and I hope it stays that way!

Edit:
Do you pay out 1.07 BTC as soon as you got them even if I send you shares this monday right AFTER the interest payment or do you wait until the next monday?
Edit2:
Rechecked, seems you wait until the next monday.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: