Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:07:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I got scammed and am being framed by the scammer  (Read 3532 times)
GameKyuubi (OP)

Activity: 253
Merit: 1413

DTCxNMC

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:02:48 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 03:07:20 PM by GameKyuubi

Some of you may know me as the HODLER.  I need to say this now because I may be arrested soon.  I live in Japan and have been trading bitcoins for a while.  Last week I made my first trade on LocalBitcoins.com.  I put in an offer to sell some BTC via bank transfer.  Someone responded and sent me the transfer.  I then confirmed that my bank account had been sent the correct amount and released the BTC to the other party.  After work, I went to withdraw the cash, only to find that my bank account had been frozen by the cyber crime division of the Tokyo police force.  I called several times to figure out why but they basically refused to answer my questions.  After getting my employer involved, I finally found out that I was under suspicion of theft and/or money laundering.  The person owning the bank account that had transferred the cash to me purportedly did not authorize the transfer.  The police suspect that I hacked the guy's bank account and stole his money.  I have little cash on me and am likely out the bitcoin I sent to the other party.  So, I am reaching out to the community here.  If I get arrested and questioned, I may be in deep shit.  The Japanese police are not known for their fair treatment of foreigners.  They may try to pin the crime on me since they likely won't be able to catch the actual criminal and they don't enjoy having to report a crime where they didn't catch the criminal.  I will need funds to fight this.  If it all blows over and I get exonerated, I will personally refund you the exact amount you donated minus mining fees, don't worry.

1rSiiksbK5ukazCzTyoZUaQANCX5cYXNs

is the wallet address I'll be using.  Thank you for your time.

BTC: 15SLrNo6PKVfsH5JLtatJcVkSQXCk1LXyq
full stack Node

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 12:30:08 AM

Doubt anyone will give you coins, but you could list the name of the member who scammed you...  Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Peegasus

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:30:48 AM

Is there an update about this? Were you really arrested?

aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:01:33 AM

Some of you may know me as the HODLER.  I need to say this now because I may be arrested soon.  I live in Japan and have been trading bitcoins for a while.  Last week I made my first trade on LocalBitcoins.com.  I put in an offer to sell some BTC via bank transfer.  Someone responded and sent me the transfer.  I then confirmed that my bank account had been sent the correct amount and released the BTC to the other party.  After work, I went to withdraw the cash, only to find that my bank account had been frozen by the cyber crime division of the Tokyo police force.  I called several times to figure out why but they basically refused to answer my questions.  After getting my employer involved, I finally found out that I was under suspicion of theft and/or money laundering.  The person owning the bank account that had transferred the cash to me purportedly did not authorize the transfer.  The police suspect that I hacked the guy's bank account and stole his money.  I have little cash on me and am likely out the bitcoin I sent to the other party.  So, I am reaching out to the community here.  If I get arrested and questioned, I may be in deep shit.  The Japanese police are not known for their fair treatment of foreigners.  They may try to pin the crime on me since they likely won't be able to catch the actual criminal and they don't enjoy having to report a crime where they didn't catch the criminal.  I will need funds to fight this.  If it all blows over and I get exonerated, I will personally refund you the exact amount you donated minus mining fees, don't worry.

1rSiiksbK5ukazCzTyoZUaQANCX5cYXNs

is the wallet address I'll be using.  Thank you for your time.

Am I the only one confused by "minus mining fees" ? And why would anyone want to get involved in this?
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:12:13 AM

Am I the only one confused by "minus mining fees" ?

probably. The transaction fees are fees you pay to the miners for their mining. Mining fees is a perfectly good way to describe the fee.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 10:44:19 AM

If MK of Gox can still happily sip coffee in the morning everyday in Japan, I doubt you will get into any serious trouble. Show prove of your communications with the culprit and the bitcoin transaction and you should be able to leave. Your account will be still be frozen and will be under investigation, but you will be able to post an update tomorrow.  Wink
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:01:27 PM

If MK of Gox can still happily sip coffee in the morning everyday in Japan, I doubt you will get into any serious trouble. Show prove of your communications with the culprit and the bitcoin transaction and you should be able to leave. Your account will be still be frozen and will be under investigation, but you will be able to post an update tomorrow.  Wink
Mark of Gox is in a very different situation from the OP. The potential evidence that involves Gox is very complex, probably too so for law enforcement to understand. However the "hacking" of bank accounts (making unauthorized withdrawals?) as the OP claims to be framed of is a much simpler crime.

aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:32:37 PM

Am I the only one confused by "minus mining fees" ?

probably. The transaction fees are fees you pay to the miners for their mining. Mining fees is a perfectly good way to describe the fee.

I think the proper way to say this would have been " plus mining fees"
ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:33:13 PM

If you think that the Tokyo police will treat you unfairly because you are a foreigner and you haven't been officially charged with a crime yet, you may want to look at all your options and possibly consider leaving the country.

Those charges are very serious and Japan has a greater than 99% conviction rate:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_justice_system_of_Japan#Conviction_rate

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 12:56:44 AM

Fakest Bullshit I've seen here for a while.

Good work OP.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:40:11 AM

Fakest Bullshit I've seen here for a while.

Good work OP.

Agreed. This one has "purchased account" written all over it.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:04:22 AM

Some of you may know me as the HODLER. 

doesnt ring a bell, sorry.

BeetcoinScummer

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:06:35 PM

Some of you may know me as the HODLER. 

doesnt ring a bell, sorry.

Clearly not a HODLER anymore as of October 21.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: