Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:03:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: trouble sending from armory  (Read 1253 times)
coindexter (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:08:05 PM

I can sometimes send a small .5 or so, but anything larger I get "conection lost'' .The Ubantu I then updated from 12.04 to 14.04, Armory to the latest and bitcoin client to newest extracted using armory client.....I still get "conection lost"    I created a ticket, waiting to hear back.In the mean time, anyone have an idea of what to try next?
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:14:10 PM

I can sometimes send a small .5 or so, but anything larger I get "conection lost'' .The Ubantu I then updated from 12.04 to 14.04, Armory to the latest and bitcoin client to newest extracted using armory client.....I still get "conection lost"    I created a ticket, waiting to hear back.In the mean time, anyone have an idea of what to try next?

It sounds like your blockchain is not synchronized.  You are attempting to send coins that are already spent, and thus the local Bitcoin Core instance is disconnecting you for broadcasting invalid transactions.  First thing is to make sure that the block count in the bottom-right corner of the Armory window matches the top block on blockchain.info.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
coindexter (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:53:33 PM

They match up. The spendable amount bottom right in green matches the balance.
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 11:08:45 PM

Does your wallet have tons of small inputs?  Meaning, is your 0.5 BTC from receiving 500 donations of 0.001 each?  That frequently causes failures to send because of transactions that are too big.

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
coindexter (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:23:22 PM

There are a few small inputs due to receiving a couple blockchain.info shared sends  a while back. The smallest being .005 and the majority much bigger than that.The amount I'm having trouble sending is very small in contrast to the amount of total spendable funds though.
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 11:29:09 PM

There are a few small inputs due to receiving a couple blockchain.info shared sends  a while back. The smallest being .005 and the majority much bigger than that.The amount I'm having trouble sending is very small in contrast to the amount of total spendable funds though.

Can you do me a favor:  do whatever it is that triggers the error, then go look at the Bitcoin Core logs:  /home/<user>/bitcoin/debug.log .  As soon as you see the disconnect message in Armory, you'll see a message in the logfile telling you why the transaction was rejected.  This is the most direct way to determine why it's failing.

coindexter (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:56:42 AM

When I checked the blockchain for the failed sends, it does show them originating from one of the adresses in the wallet that shows as empty.How can i make it withdraw from the one that has all my coins or move them to to the address my Armory sends from?
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 02:02:51 AM

When I checked the blockchain for the failed sends, it does show them originating from one of the adresses in the wallet that shows as empty.How can i make it withdraw from the one that has all my coins or move them to to the address my Armory sends from?

Does the transaction show up on blockchain.info?  If so, it actually succeeded.  Blockchain.info won't show it unless it's a valid transaction.  It might just be taking forever to be mined...?   Maybe it's showing it as empty because you just moved the coins out of it with a valid transaction?

If you aren't talking about blockchain.info, and the coins haven't moved and it appears to be trying to spend coins that don't exist, then it sounds like the database state is out of whack.  You can use Help->Rescan Databases.   If that doesn't work, try Help-Rebuild & Rescan.

A rebuild is a last resort, taking a couple hours, but should resolve all issues related to the DB.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: