Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:19:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MinerSource Order of Prospero X3 finally arrived  (Read 3542 times)
warrensgun (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Mining since bitcoin was $1

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:15:28 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 12:56:46 PM by warrensgun

It seems as though these two were part of a later batch - the main backplane even being dated in july 2014.  The allegedly not needed green capaciters were never installed.  These are missing the lcd screen - but the circuit that drives the machine appears to be the same.  The power supply is the sunshine ap188, has a CE logo on the sticker, for what it's worth. 

Plugged them booted them up - went to the Prospero control panel and saw that they were mining for minersource.net at btcguild.

Checked the hash history and they were run for exactly 1 day the week before.

Update: Needed a replacement hash card - contacted MS and they are shipping them out, I just have to send the dead cards back to them.  The cards slide out after you undo the screws, it's quick and easy.  Additionally since the bulk of the machine is the case, controller, psu, heatsinks and fans, I think there is a strong possibility to upgrade them if someone were to make a hash board that could be slid into the machine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:30:42 PM

It seems as though these two were part of a later batch - the main backplane even being dated in july 2014.  The allegedly not needed green capaciters were never installed.  These are missing the lcd screen - but the circuit that drives the machine appears to be the same.  The power supply is the sunshine ap188, has a CE logo on the sticker, for what it's worth.

Plugged them booted them up - went to the Prospero control panel and saw that they were mining for minersource.net at btcguild.

Checked the hash history and they were run for exactly 1 hour the week before.

Wow, now they're shipping incomplete miners?

http://minersource.net/blogs/news/15011905-x1-x3-now-shipping-with-lcd-screens

All Further X1/X3s Shipped from Friday 8/1/14 now include the LCD Screen!

Does anyone have the old power supply? Are these any different?

Buy & Hold
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:09:26 PM

The power supply is the sunshine ap188, has a CE logo on the sticker, for what it's worth.

Which CE mark?

Real one or the fake China one:

And shouldn't a PSU in the US have FCC certification?

Buy & Hold
warrensgun (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:35:24 AM

It seems as though these two were part of a later batch - the main backplane even being dated in july 2014.  The allegedly not needed green capaciters were never installed.  These are missing the lcd screen - but the circuit that drives the machine appears to be the same.  The power supply is the sunshine ap188, has a CE logo on the sticker, for what it's worth.

Wow, now they're shipping incomplete miners?

http://minersource.net/blogs/news/15011905-x1-x3-now-shipping-with-lcd-screens

All Further X1/X3s Shipped from Friday 8/1/14 now include the LCD Screen!

Does anyone have the old power supply? Are these any different?

Well these ones have a metal plate that the LCD screen would mount to. The first batch ones with a board v4.0 instead of v4.1 did come with an lcd - but they were second hand.

warrensgun (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:36:54 AM

The power supply is the sunshine ap188, has a CE logo on the sticker, for what it's worth.

Which CE mark?

Ut oh - I'll have to double check that.  I think though it was the china export one.  Meaning it just said CE no extra half filled circles

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:57:14 AM

Which CE mark?

Ut oh - I'll have to double check that.  I think though it was the china export one.  Meaning it just said CE no extra half filled circles

Can you take a pic and post it to imgur.com ?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 01:19:03 AM

Which CE mark?

Its not about the half filled circles, they're just there to show what the correct spacing should be.

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:37:55 AM

Matt's not that stoned, I'm sure he edited the history before he shipped any X3s if he was running them for a month or two.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:41:41 AM

However, Alex the Gypsy whose behaviour is spot on for a fucking coke-head is probably so stunned he shipped the units with a Chinese Export symbol on the PSU.

*snap* *snap*

Let's see those pics.
warrensgun (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:19:25 PM

Power supply from a Sun computer, made by ASTEC

Power supply included with X3 made by sunshine electric aka aplus power supply or something like that

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:37:24 PM

Chinese Export it is.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:53:17 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 06:17:32 PM by notbatman

Perhaps Minersource would care to explain why the miners they're shipping that are now obsolete garbage, 7 months late and have a PSU that's an explosion and fire hazard with a fake CE certification logo.

Are you assholes trying to fucking kill somebody by having their house burn down? It's bad enough you thieving little cunts are helping Black Arrow scam people for millions.

EDIT:

Correction, 8 months late.

wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:14:16 PM

Perhaps Minersource would care to explain why the miners they're shipping that are now obsolete garbage, 7 months late and have a PSU that's an explosion and fire hazard with a fake CE certification logo.

Are you assholes trying to fucking kill somebody by having their house burn down? It's bad enough you thieving little cunts are helping Black Arrow scam people for millions.

Report them.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:20:30 PM

Report them.

I ordered directly from BA and I have filed a complaint with the authorites here about their scam. Sad
Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:06:12 PM

I would not trust the PSU on the internals or anything from BA, but all in all your stuck with the x3, try to run it somewhere that if the PSU explodes your house won't go with it.

Stick it in the fireplace or out on the BBQ.

pieces of crap should come with a starter log.

oh wait, they kind of already do.

Black Arrow-  The First Name in Auto-Incendiary Asics.
warrensgun (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:07:41 PM

They are running in a rack cabinet, with a PDU.  If they did actually catch fire, there is nothing combustible near them.  The one that shorted out, did that when I first plugged it in, not after.  So far I've got 5 units working from batch 1 (with the extra capaciters), 2 from the next batch without the extra capaciters. 

I test fitted a REAL PSU into them made by Delta DPS-1520AB A -- but it's the wrong connector. So i'm off to hunt for a PSU the same size with the right connector without having to rig something up. 

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:31:44 PM

I test fitted a REAL PSU into them made by Delta DPS-1520AB A -- but it's the wrong connector. So i'm off to hunt for a PSU the same size with the right connector without having to rig something up.  

The pinout can be seen here: https://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/images/companies/2/x3-psu.jpg

Let us know if you find a compatible one, eh?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
warrensgun (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:59:46 PM

I put a PSU from another unit in that machine, and it reads alarm/fault - and the psu that shot sparks out works fine in a different unit.

So i've concluded that rather just being a power supply - it's the actual miner.  anyone know how to reset the bugger

Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:58:51 PM

still shipping junk.  what happened to that 'ageing process' I wonder.

and I don't know how these can be new supplies.  on their forums they are saying that PSU's are just now starting to come in from the supplier, so I don't know what you've got there, but it could be a firebomb.

not that any of these people care at all, clearly, but you might want to check on that so you don't burn your house down.
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 06:33:37 PM

I don't see how MS can be legally selling devices without any US certifications like FCC.

Buy & Hold
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: