Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:22:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MinerSource Order of Prospero X3 finally arrived  (Read 3541 times)
warrensgun (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Mining since bitcoin was $1

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 08:00:39 PM

I don't see how MS can be legally selling devices without any US certifications like FCC.

Not sure - but you can see the labels of the sunshine ap188 made by apluspower.cn - and it's missing quite a few logos that are normally on all the other dell, hp, delta, ibm, sun, etc server psu's that i've seen.  Short of those little 360w ones that were used for gridseeds

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:20:59 AM

I put a PSU from another unit in that machine, and it reads alarm/fault - and the psu that shot sparks out works fine in a different unit.

So i've concluded that rather just being a power supply - it's the actual miner.  anyone know how to reset the bugger

I would start by looking at the backplane caps, and removing them if they look like they've failed.

If no help is to be had there, I would then remove all but one of the hashing modules from the backplane and see if it will start up like that.  If so, reconnect another, etc, and see if you can isolate one of them that pisses it off.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:54:02 AM

The "ageing process" lol
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 07:40:03 AM

I don't see how MS can be legally selling devices without any US certifications like FCC.

BFL move. Has anyone complained to the FCC?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
warrensgun (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 02:12:28 AM

I put a PSU from another unit in that machine, and it reads alarm/fault - and the psu that shot sparks out works fine in a different unit.

So i've concluded that rather just being a power supply - it's the actual miner.  anyone know how to reset the bugger

I would start by looking at the backplane caps, and removing them if they look like they've failed.

If no help is to be had there, I would then remove all but one of the hashing modules from the backplane and see if it will start up like that.  If so, reconnect another, etc, and see if you can isolate one of them that pisses it off.

Thansk I'll give that a shot. I have removed all the caps - I have 5 other machines running fine with the caps in place.  This board is v4.0 not v4.1 as others are that are working fine.  this one has a silver colored main bus as opposed to the others with copper colored.

warrensgun (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:50:21 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 10:17:27 PM by warrensgun

So i've concluded that rather just being a power supply - it's the actual miner.  anyone know how to reset the bugger

If no help is to be had there, I would then remove all but one of the hashing modules from the backplane and see if it will start up like that.  If so, reconnect another, etc, and see if you can isolate one of them that pisses it off.

Did just that.  It worked.  Found a dead module.  Another module has 1 dead chip and 1 live chip.  So I've asked BlackArrow to send out a few replacement boards and I'll just swap the heatsinks over.  Let's see if they will do that.   I'd contact MinerSource, but since they don't respond to emails, private messages and they cancelled their phone number, I'm not sure how to get a hold of them.

Update: while MS normally has not responded promptly, I got a response about the faulty hashboard and he said that they have replacements.  So perhaps there is some light in all of this.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: