Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:48:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitShit: charts and TA [update 2015/01/20: newsletter almost done]  (Read 2457 times)
allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:55:42 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 09:32:29 AM by allyouracid

Dear community,

I'm currently using my spare time to develop a charts/trading suite. The reason is that I'm not at all satisfied with the trading experience and the amount of information the charts on the exchanges present. There are way more possibilities and I have no idea why they aren't used. So I started developing (at the beginning only for myself) and from time to time, I was talking about my project on several threads and in IRC chats, and I got quite some resonance. So I considered to continue developing with the ability to let users also use this project in mind, and to not miss the point and waste time into coding something noone wants to use, I wanted to share my idea and ask for some feedback. The project is in a quite early stage of development, so there is room for ideas and improvements. Smiley

Some things about me

I live in Germany and I'm a web developer by profession. For the most part, I'm making TYPO3 websites for our customers (for the Americans and other people who maybe don't know TYPO3: it's an open source enterprise CMS - content management system - like Drupal, Wordpress and so on, very extensible and with a very, very active community) and I have quite a lot of experience in
  • PHP development (mostly developing TYPO3 extensions, also TYPO3.Flow, which is a framework... to explain what TYPO3.Flow is, i often say "TYPO3.Flow is to PHP what Rails is to Ruby"), OOP/MVC
  • JavaScript magic (plain JavaScript as well as jQuery, jQueryUI, mootools, ExtJS, Sencha Touch, ...)
  • GNU/Linux server administration, shell magic, ...
  • some other fields of web development which do not really matter here
I'm working for a small web agency in Karlsruhe since several years now, being in home office due to me and my wife moving places at the end of last year (about the same time as the last - up to now biggest - Bitcoin price run, heh). My spare time goes to a big extend to the development of private projects like this one.

Planned features of the application

Newsletter (see an image of the current version here):

• different subscribable versions of a newsletter will be available
  • newsletters will cover various exchanges, beginning with Bittrex (implementation almost complete) and others following
  • newsletter contains an overview about how which coins perform
  • historical data is displayed for the last ~25 days
  • more detailed information and charts can be found on the website

Technical analysis:
  • storage of historical data (not sure about how much data there will be stored... Cryptsy e.g. has way more than 100 coins listed)
  • implementation of different subscribable trading strategies with different levels of complexity - suggestions are welcome
  • notifications (e.g. email) if a trading signal (e.g. moving averages crossing each other) occured
  • configurable JavaScript based charts displaying excessive information which we don't see on the exchanges (no idea why they don't implement more features... they have the charts, they have the data - it's easy!)

Market analysis: displaying information (with nice charts, graphs and diagrams) we don't see on the exchanges, such as
  • relations between time, volume and price movements to detect - if that's possible at all, I'll have to investigate this - recurring events
  • major price movements of certain coins: which coins have gained/lost unproportionally much value in a certain amount of time?

Trading (Live/Auto): Update 2015/01/20: Focus of trading features has ceased a bit and shifted towards charting and TA. For that reason, the trading features are planned for a later version, if any.
  • trading on the exchanges with improved user interface (although there is still one problem to solve: I do not want to handle users' trading API keys; although I'm quite experienced in handling GNU/Linux servers, I'm convinced that there is always someone with better skills to hijack the server, and I don't ever want to be in the need to tell people why their accounts got wiped... maybe I find a solution to outsource the API connection into the client, we'll see)
  • adding buy/sell orders: single order or by setting an amount of orders to place as well as a range, so the intermediate orders between min and max value are calculated automatically
  • in the table of own buy/sell orders, there are buttons to cancel and edit (remove and re-add) single orders as well as to remove all own orders
  • "Auto Pump/Dump" feature (sorry, didn't come up with a better name yet): either set a slider for the target value (needed amount of cryptocurrency is being calculated and displayed prior to execution) or enter an amount to invest into buying/selling (the target price is being displayed)
  • fill gaps on buy/sell side when pumping/dumping the market
  • option to remove all buy/sell orders before pumping/dumping the market
  • overview of current buy/sell orders on the market
  • nice chart of current price development, optionally with trend indicators
  • automated trading using a bot with different trading strategies

Account settings
Of course, there will be account settings with options on which trading strategies to subscribe to, the type of notification used when certain events (buy/sell signals etc) occur.

General information about the project - the backend

The backend is a TYPO3.Flow application which is totally separate from the frontend. This brings some benefits: as TYPO3.Flow can be easily instructed to deliver JSON data output, it's easy to create APIs which can be used by totally independent frontends (although it sounds funny: creating an API for an application which uses APIs of exchanges).
All the logic is handled by the backend:
  • reading data from database
  • writing new data to the database
  • querying APIs of the different exchanges

General information about the project - the frontend

The frontend is provided by a separate TYPO3.Flow application which connects to the backend. Its main purpose is to display data (plus some JavaScript calculations which are more performant to be executed client-side instead of server-side). For doing so, I purchased a license for a really powerful template called "SmartAdmin". It's normally used for implementation in backends, but depending on the view - when development has progressed so far that users can log in to the service - it actually is a backend.
It provides (amongst others) the following features:
  • UI components based on twitter bootstrap and jQueryUI
  • a charting/plotting library (for our beloved candlestick charts, I had to implement another library called "AmCharts", as the included library "flot" had a separate plugin for candlesticks, but I was not satisfied with that one... AmCharts is free for personal use; however, when the application goes online, I have to purchase a license for some 140 or 280 $ (depending on what features are used), but as AmCharts is really great, I'm more than willing to pay the price
  • the whole frontend layout
SmartAdmin is a great template. However, it took a lot of time to actually wrap my head around it, as it provides a ton of sample files with ui elements of all kinds, each with up to more than a thousand lines of code.

Goals achieved so far: backend

• setup of new TYPO3.Flow application "BitShit.Backend" with models required to store historical data (atm for only one coin, as I'm still in development phase and I have no need of other coins, yet)
  • implementation of the complete cryptsy API (I just saw recently that someone already coded a library for that, heh)
  • basic implementation of some simple/complex trading strategies based on historical data (calculated in the backend because historical data is completely handled by the backend/fetched from database... trading strategies used on short term/live data will probably be calculated in the frontend, as the data comes from the exchanges' APIs directly)
  • usage of PHP PECL package "trader" for trend indicators etc

Goals achieved so far: frontend

• setup of new TYPO3.Flow application "BitShit.Frontend"
  • integration of "SmartAdmin" template for UI elements
  • found and implemented nice candlestick-capable JavaScript charting/plotting library "AmCharts"
  • calculation of several trend indicators (for the moment it's just SMAs, more to follow)
  • basic version of the "Technical Analysis" menu point (mainly just a chart for the moment with trend indicators for use with a certain trading strategy I implemented for use with historical data)
  • built view "Trading (Auto/Live) -> Cryptsy" with a chart representing current market data (also for a single coin for now), adding of new buy/sell orders (amount of orders as well as range (for multiple orders) customizable), output of lists of current own open buy/sell orders with buttons to edit/cancel, option to "pump/dump" the market with options to fill gaps created in orderbook as well as to remove all own buy/sell orders before unloading coins on the market, and an overview of current open buy/sell orders on the market (all those points are pure frontend work (besides the chart displaying real data), the features have yet to be connected to the backend/exchanges APIs)
  • built a basic version of the user settings screen
  • built a basic version of the newsletter
  • implemented cryptoId.info's API to monitor coins/wallets for large movements

Screenshots

Newsletter (2015-01-10):

Technical Analysis:

Trading (Live/Auto):

Settings / Notifications:

Top Coins / Bittrex (added 2014-10-13, will contain more exchanges for direct comparison as well as historical data)

That's it for now. Main reason for posting a project which is in development was because I mentioned it in another thread and I got so much positive resonance that I thought that I take the opportunity and open a separate thread, so the development of current features can be discussed. Also, if some good ideas about features people wish to see/use arise, I'd consider to implement them.

I'll keep this posting updated with current development progress, and if you have questions, critics (constructive, please) or wish to discuss anything, please feel free to post your reply. Smiley

.edit:
At the moment, I'm developing locally, but soon I'll take the time to remove all private data from the source and put the application on my server.

.edit2:
Fixed some grammar and typos.

Next steps:

2014-09-15:
  • Implemented on 2014-09-18: Selection of trading pair in the "Trading (Live/Auto)" view, as currently, there is only one coin being used
2014-09-19:
  • Improvements for handling API data (got some issues with script timeouts due to the amount of data being loaded and processed)
  • Storage of historical data in the database (on a hourly basis) for all coins (Cryptsy)
  • Setup of the application on my server, so interested users can have a look (2014-10-13: suspended for now, as I have a lot of features to develop before putting it live… so, when it goes live, it'll hopefully be more usable than a half-ready product)

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:56:07 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 09:32:54 AM by allyouracid

Version updates / development progress will be documented here.

2015-10-20
Updates:
  • Lots of charts added for coins on Bittrex
  • Implemented charts for cryptoId.info's rich list feature, which will enable you to selectively monitor coins/wallets at a later stage

2014-09-18
Updates:
  • Trading view: implemented search feature for all markets on Cryptsy (uses live data from the API)

Next steps:
  • Improvements for handling API data (got some issues with script timeouts due to the amount of data being loaded and processed)
  • Storage of historical data in the database (on a hourly basis) for all coins (Cryptsy)
  • Setup of the application on my server, so interested users can have a look

UberNifty

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

AltcoinWarrior.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 03:22:08 AM

So will this be a WP plugin? If so, definitely interested!

"Remember, the blockchain is truth..."
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:00:06 AM

The name needs ... revising.

UberNifty

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

AltcoinWarrior.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 06:23:32 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean, albeit "BitDefecation" just doesn't have quite the same ring...

"Remember, the blockchain is truth..."
btcm4n14c

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:24:15 PM

name is ... touching
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 01:32:50 AM

hmmmmm.....interesting name...would love to try it out, when you going to send out some beta invites?

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:09:06 AM

Hello community,

happy to see some replies! Here is the current dev state, plus some answers to your questions:

2014-09-18

Updates:
  • Trading view: implemented search feature for all markets on Cryptsy (uses live data from the API)

Next steps:
  • Setup of the application on my server, so interested users can have a look

So will this be a WP plugin? If so, definitely interested!
No, sorry. This is an application for the open source framework TYPO3.Flow. But due to it providing an API, it could be well possible to create a frontend for whatever system you like, so even a Wordpress plugin would be manageable.
For me, this is still future music, but I'll add this to my list of ideas.

Yeah, it's the working title. I'll consider a permanent one soon. Wink

hmmmmm.....interesting name...would love to try it out, when you going to send out some beta invites?
As stated, it's work in progress and really far from finished. But I will try to get a version up and running on my server in the next ~10 days (I know it sucks to just have a description of a project with some fancy screenshots, so I'll hurry up with that one). It won't provide trading features, yet (as I said, having all security based questions resolved is a MUST before anything that connects to accounts will be online).
But I'll get the charts with some trend indicator analysis online. A link will be added in the OP; the application will be updated as progress occurs, so the progress can be seen and tested there. Smiley

I hope my answers do help a bit. If not, please don't hesitate to ask further questions - I'm more than happy to answer them!

allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:08:26 PM

2014-10-13 - News
Reading the outstanding todo list makes me remember that I wanted to upload a minimal version to my server, so users can have a look. After considering a lot, I decided to wait a bit more with that. The reasons are as follows:
  • I need the private keys, and always taking care not to leak any security sensitive information of my accounts is a bit too much for me right now. I want to focus on development
  • Also, I'm currently about to code some nice features (see current screenshot in the OP). I have some great ideas on how to bring this project forward; a lot of amazing stuff came into my mind. As soon as it is official, I'll let you know. Smiley
Further updates are coming, so if there are any guys in here who care or are at least interested in this project: I'm still developing as much as my spare time allows for.
But I'd like to publish a project which has some useful features for the users right from the beginning on - I don't want you to be happy about some nice JavaScript libraries being used; I want you to be happy because you can actually use this project for your personal benefits. And as soon as such a state can be called current, I'll upload the project on my server.

Until then, here is a screenshot of the feature I'm currently working on: comparing the volumes of the top ten coins of different exchanges (at the moment, there is only Bittrex being listed). Clicking a slice on the pie chart pulls the slice out of the chart and separates it into the current amount of open buy- and sell orders, so one can see where the volume is coming from and if it looks sustainable.
The different colors on the pie chart have corresponding colors in the table rows underneath. This table shows information about all top ten coins, and with the (slightly lighter) color codes, it's easier to know which row corresponds to what part of the table. Also, it has a decent rainbow look. Wink

Some keywords for future releases: historical data, pattern recognization, newsletter. Rest is up to your imagination. Wink

allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:40:54 AM

2015-10-20 - Updates

I have spent a lot of time with development in the recent weeks/months. There are some new features, the biggest of them is for sure the newsletter which I almost finished (see screenshot below).
If everything goes well, I will be starting a three months open beta on March 1st. I'm planning on 5-20 free slots for beta testers who are willing to receive the newsletter for free and test the features on the website. Users who are generally interested can reply in this thread and tell me - if not all slots are already full before the open beta starts, I will announce it here, again. Smiley

For now, you're invited to have a look at the newsletter image and see if it might be useful for you. I think the charts and tables should be pretty much self explanatory. Though if they aren't, you're welcome to ask me questions of whatever kind.

• Lots of charts added for coins on Bittrex
  • implemented cryptoId.info's API to monitor coins/wallets for large movements

Newsletter (2015-01-10):

Best regards,
Thomas

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: