Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:18:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Problem of Centralized Develpoment ("core devs") in Bitcoin.  (Read 1834 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:15:48 PM

LOL

I just hate how conversations here have to degenerate to name calling. I've even been guilty of it myself (but you really need to crank me up first). I don't agree with a voting system and much prefer the way the Linux foundation runs it with inputs from all corners of the globe being welcome. I don't however believe that only one developer deserves to get paid. Maybe they could pay a different developer every year and spread it around a little.

Yes, I agree.

I think Lighthouse will solve this as it will allow a majority of users to "vote" with a few dollars just like how the dark wallet with Indiegogo was created on the libbitcoin/sx implementation.

Exactly! There are much better ways to do it but the movers and shakers set it up the way it is and it will take time to change the system. Like all things it will slowly change.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pequelore

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:19:29 AM

There is no voting. When somebody creates a feature, people may adopt it. If enough people adopt it, then everyone will adopt it. Currently, the core devs (and especially the Bitcoin Foundation) have a lot of influence over what people choose to adopt, but that will change over time (hopefully).

Bitcoiners should organize themselves and push bitcoin marketing to the limit. That, I think will be very helpful for bitcoin adoption.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:03:32 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 06:10:54 AM by franky1

there are over 100 bitcoin-core dev's

there is gavin paid by foundation member fee's
there is luke-jr paid by eligius mining pool fee's
there is jeff G paid by bitpay transaction fee's

and there are still over 100 other people that have more common interests and paid in a multitude of ways. thus the demography of the bitcoin core group is DIVERSE!!

that being said gavin cannot just throw in his own code and thats the end of it. each code input has to be acknowledged and checked by the other team members.

and even on release, if the other 1 million users do not like it, they wont upgrade to the new version. again making it even more diverse and voluntary.

ANYONE can sign up to github, and put in some code of their own, and if the code is good and useful, it will be accepted by the team and eventually everyone who decides the upgrade has benefits.

the problem is not the bitcoin core team, but noobs perceptions that every stupid idea should be added because the noobs say so.

for instance many noobs think PoS is good, not because its good for security, not because its good for bitcoin production and circulation(because in both cases it is not good). but more because its the noobs belief that they can get rich without even bothering to buy miners.

if you have a PROPER great idea that will make bitcoin more secure, and better for the 140 years to go. then submit the code and description of how it is better. but be prepared, idea's should not be about your personal opinion, but about the big picture.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:18:15 AM

it will be taken over sooner or later. p2p. trustless. no fork.

money is faster...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: