Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:20:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I do not like Linux OS - probably the worst soft in the world  (Read 1140 times)
HeroCat (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:05:48 PM

Because you can not download software, which you want. You must search in depositaries - where you can not find what you want or choose outdated software in bundle download. Even good antivirus soft is not so easy to find - mainly outdated. Linux is probably the worst OS software in the world !!!
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:51:36 PM

Thank you for the insightful post.
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:15:10 PM

Funny thing is he is using Linux more than he knows....the routers, web servers, cell phones, switches, tablets, phone systems, DVRs, etc.

Yes Linux sucks {sarcasm}...but to date there isn't anything better or cheaper or all these vendors/manufacturers would be using it.

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3060

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:08:02 AM

What the damn Hell are you on about? What do you mean you can't download software outside of repositories? It's exactly the same process as on Windows or Mac: go to the website of the software you want, find the download page, and click on the download link for your OS. You'll either get an installer that works automagically, or a zip or tar file that contains an executable that you just extract and run. In the latter case you'll also generally get a README file that tells you exactly what else, if anything, you need to do to run the program. Unless, of course, you can't read. In which case I can't help you.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
1echo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

scams hunter!

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:13:40 AM

windows all the way

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 04:59:07 AM

While it is obviously true that more software supports Windows than Linux, this is no reason not to use Linux.
Exactly how are you unable to download outside of repositories?
You're just the average lazy man who should stuck to the 'safe' Win 7/8.  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
nsimmons

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:17:25 AM

I've dabbled in linux since slackware in the 90's, just recently i've switched to it exclusively, because its SO EASY TO DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE.

what's so hard about apt-get install *program*

farjia

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:07:58 AM

Use Ubuntu, it comes with ubuntu software center and all you have to do is search and find the sofware you need and click install. And it will download all the files needed and install it within minutes.
zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:06:56 AM

Linux is a lot mire stable than any M$ operating system. Software is mostly free, so you can build a complete working SOHO environment for nothing. OP may not like it, it is certainly not the worst OS.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
tattooist

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:15:24 PM

Because I can not download software, which I want. I must search in depositaries - where I can not find what I want or choose outdated software in bundle download. Even good antivirus soft is not so easy to find - mainly outdated.For me Linux is probably the worst OS software in the world !!!

fixed  Wink
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:17:09 PM

It's certainly very annoying to use

Account recovered 08-12-2019
KentuckyFriedJesus

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:18:06 PM

Linux isn't really consumer grade software though.  It isn't made as idiot proof like the bigger paid OSes like Windows, Mac.  You probably shouldn't use any Linux distro just because it's free.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:00:43 PM

Linux isn't really consumer grade software though.  It isn't made as idiot proof like the bigger paid OSes like Windows, Mac.  You probably shouldn't use any Linux distro just because it's free.

And then was born Ubuntu, which distro is far user friendly than any other..
Its only because OP is more familiar with Windows. A linux user will have some trouble at the first sight on Windows aswell.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:14:51 PM

And then was born Ubuntu, which distro is far user friendly than any other..
Its only because OP is more familiar with Windows. A linux user will have some trouble at the first sight on Windows aswell.

I was playing around with Windows 8.1 for a couple weeks. Wow! What a piece of shit that is.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
hecarim

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

is linux hard? whats so great about linux..
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:42:11 PM

is linux hard? whats so great about linux..

The modern linux desktop operating system is not hard, especially Ubuntu and its offspring. Personally, I cannot stand Ubuntu with its Unity desktop management.  Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and Lubuntu are pretty well done with a more conventional desktop setup.

Mint linux (based on Ubuntu) steps up even more. Mint cinnamon, kde, and Mint Xfce are wonderful operating systems.

They all come in a live dvd format. Boot from the dvd and try out linux. If you like it, you can install with a few clicks right from the desktop.

distrowatch.com

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:20:43 PM

i just simply hate command line XD hate it in windows hate it in linux, i like to just click the pretty icons instead Cheesy

FeedTheDolphins

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:52:56 PM

i just simply hate command line XD hate it in windows hate it in linux, i like to just click the pretty icons instead Cheesy

XD i hate everything that im not super familiar with XD wow im so dumb i only click pretty icon
ondratra

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:53:17 PM

Because you can not download software, which you want. You must search in depositaries - where you can not find what you want or choose outdated software in bundle download. Even good antivirus soft is not so easy to find - mainly outdated. Linux is probably the worst OS software in the world !!!

Why such hate? Stupidity or just trolling? All of your pseudo arguments are completely false of course.

a) "you must search in depositories" - there is no such thing - it's called repository, and you don't have to search here - you can download and 'install' whatever you want
b) "choose outdated software" - well what could I say Cheesy completely false - in fact you can get always get the newest soft available(made so far)
c) "good antivirus soft is not easy to find" - false again... is as easy as looking into repository Smiley (or searching on internet see a) ) newest version always available(see b) ); And it's good to say that estimately about 90% of viruses targets Windows/Mac OS/Android(this is based on Linux kernel, but security is poorly made there) so just by installing Linux distribution you got the very efficient antivirus Cheesy
d) "worst OS in the world" - it's like on of the most important software in the world Smiley most of the web you visit is running on Linux based servers (not even mentioning non-pc devices, etc.)

In the next few years gaming will turn into Linux distribution(see Steam and it's intentions) and Windows will have a hard time to survive(unless they will justify they infinetly higher price than Linux distributions for personal usage).

So just plz kill educate yourself and don't spit hate on things you have no idea about. Smiley

P.S.: no offense meant in this post Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: