Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:27:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN MUSEUM IN ORLANDO, FL  (Read 4887 times)
bitcoinmuseum (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:05:36 PM

Hey guys,

We have collected a lot of bitcoin stuff over the years, and we really don't know what to do with it. So we decided to include a bitcoin museum room to our latest business venture. We have a ton of tangible coins, mining gear, and just basic collectibles im sure a lot of you have as well. So we want to put this stuff on display. The overall business is around medical marijuana, bitcoin, and new tech like 3-d printers and drones.

We are trying to spread the use of bitcoin and give people a place to learn more. We will teach trading bot classes, to mining classes as well as miner configurations, business integration, and offer computer repair payable in bitcoin. Everything is of course payable in any crypto we can trade back for bitcoin. As soon as we can figure out how to work coinmaps, I will add our business. If anyone can help us get the word out, it would be greatly appreciated. We will put everything we make from the Titan, and the trading bot into rent, and overhead but there is always more we can do.

For one, we get the signage by the street, and its illuminated, so its bright 24 hours a day. THere are roughly 20-30K cars per day driving by. We want to change the sign to all bitcoin related ads, but this costs too much right now with everything we have going on. So donations are greatly appreciated, as it will cost about 3.8 bitcoins to change it to what we want. We have a sponsor page for donors, individuals or businesses.

We were thinking a $5 dollar admission would be fair and help cover the costs. Visitors would probably spend about 15 minutes inside checking out all of the bitcoin memorabilia.

Bitcoin Museum - http://www.mitnow.com/bitcoin/

Bitcoin Sign - https://i.imgur.com/gdMWNFM.png

MMIT 420 East S.R. 434
 Longwood, FL 32750

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:56:50 AM

Good job! I'll stop by next time I'm in town!
ThatDandyMan

Activity: 175
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:07:55 AM

Sounds awesome! I'll be sure to visit next time I'm in Orlando.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:51:58 AM

Good project!

Trance

Activity: 551

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:15:37 AM

Hey guys,

We have collected a lot of bitcoin stuff over the years, and we really don't know what to do with it. So we decided to include a bitcoin museum room to our latest business venture. We have a ton of tangible coins, mining gear, and just basic collectibles im sure a lot of you have as well. So we want to put this stuff on display. The overall business is around medical marijuana, bitcoin, and new tech like 3-d printers and drones.

We are trying to spread the use of bitcoin and give people a place to learn more. We will teach trading bot classes, to mining classes as well as miner configurations, business integration, and offer computer repair payable in bitcoin. Everything is of course payable in any crypto we can trade back for bitcoin. As soon as we can figure out how to work coinmaps, I will add our business. If anyone can help us get the word out, it would be greatly appreciated. We will put everything we make from the Titan, and the trading bot into rent, and overhead but there is always more we can do.

For one, we get the signage by the street, and its illuminated, so its bright 24 hours a day. THere are roughly 20-30K cars per day driving by. We want to change the sign to all bitcoin related ads, but this costs too much right now with everything we have going on. So donations are greatly appreciated, as it will cost about 3.8 bitcoins to change it to what we want. We have a sponsor page for donors, individuals or businesses.

We were thinking a $5 dollar admission would be fair and help cover the costs. Visitors would probably spend about 15 minutes inside checking out all of the bitcoin memorabilia.

Bitcoin Museum - http://www.mitnow.com/bitcoin/

Bitcoin Sign - https://i.imgur.com/gdMWNFM.png

MMIT 420 East S.R. 434
 Longwood, FL 32750

Great stuff lol photo editing skills>>

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
cryptomanik

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:51:18 AM

Anyone can post some actual pics of the museum? Is this the first museum here?
susan234

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:06:32 PM

bitcoin museum ? i think you are the first one! good luck for you!

bitcoinmuseum (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:24:43 AM

Thanks everyone, here is a picture of the first full case of bitcoin memorabilia to come see.

Trading bot is being set up, and the titan will be hashing tomorrow. Bitcoin Central in Orlando, Florida
Mieehayii

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:27:39 AM

I'm curious what the museum will showcase anything of bitcoin?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
Mashugina71

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 11:53:21 AM

Nice job. Guess I need to make a trip over from Sarasota and check it out Grin

MOJOcoin 15% pure PoS | Rokos OS | IoT | TOR
Website | Roadmap | Blockexplorer | Facebook | Twitter | Slack
bitcoinmuseum (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 12:14:38 PM

Thanks, hope to see you soon!
btcrich

Activity: 302

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:18:39 PM

medical marijuana, bitcoin, and new tech like 3-d printers and drones.

All of my favorite things! Wink

Great to hear you're doing this.  Do you not think a $5 entry fee might put people off though?  Of course you have costs that need to be covered, but I wonder if the general public would be interested enough in Bitcoin to pay the entrance charge when they possibly don't really know anything about it.

Honestly I think this is something the Bitcoin Foundation should consider supporting. 

Or maybe the $5 entry fee could include a voucher with a private key to $5 worth of Bitcoin.
bitcoinmuseum (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:35:44 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2014, 03:28:49 PM by bitcoinmuseum

haha, yeah mine too... Thanks, something like that, or a custom coin I was thinking, like a custom souvenir that we can give visitors. Something the museum  can make a little money on. The museum is more for people who already know what it is, and appreciated bitcoin collectables. We have classes geared toward Bitcoin 101 and all that for $20 bucks, and of course free admission to the museum. Or just donations. If you want to help the bitcoin museum buy more stuff to display and keep the lights on, donations are appreciated kind of thing.

If we could get the foundation's help, we would like to fix this sign. It is illuminated and about 20,000-30,000 cars a day drive by. It costs about $1200 to fix and change the glass to the new bitcoin logos. But would be great exposure instead if a billboard, its all year for minimal money, and there is a learning center people can approach. So we are definitely willing to take any help we can get.

https://i.imgur.com/gdMWNFM.png
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 02:58:58 PM

Not enough history for it to be popular IMO, we're still little lol

btcrich

Activity: 302

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:01:27 PM

Not enough history for it to be popular IMO, we're still little lol

Come for the weed, stay for the hash-ing :p
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:06:15 PM

Can entrance tickets be bought with bitcoin?
The coins look really good, are they still for sale?

bitcoinmuseum (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:27:36 PM

Can entrance tickets be bought with bitcoin?
The coins look really good, are they still for sale?

Most Definitely, bitcoin preferred at The Bitcoin Museum. Not all of the coins are for sale. But we do have about 20 .999 Silver Limited edition Bitcoins that are for sale.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:34:32 PM

Interesting idea...I don't think it is a good one though, I think you will end up losing a lot of money if you rent a place out.  When are you thinking of actually doing this?
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:40:12 PM

Interesting idea...I don't think it is a good one though, I think you will end up losing a lot of money if you rent a place out.  When are you thinking of actually doing this?
It could be profitable if the market is big enough. At the moment it may be a small market but you could increase that market by including related concepts such as cryptography and computer networks. An online 'virtual visit' for a number of bitcoins could be included to reach a larger market.

bitcoinmuseum (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:40:42 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2014, 04:16:09 PM by bitcoinmuseum

Its already done...The Bitcoin Museum is only a small part of what is going on. Check out www.mitnow.com We have miners and trading bots to help with the overhead. But yeah, we definitely need the bitcoin communities support. A unidentified bitcoiner just stopped by and donated a bitcoin USB in person. Most people in bitcoin have read about him, but dont know who he is. Very cool guy. Thanks again for the donation!

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: