Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:30:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoin become the currency of the people and replace money.  (Read 3807 times)
fixxi.net (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 01:50:49 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2012, 05:24:40 PM by fixxi.net

I am just starting with  bitcoin but hoping people can realize how important is that money must be equally created by the people NOT few FAMILIES

I support:

Networking of ways to promote bitcoin to become people owned currency and link it to offline real resources such as production , energy , food.

We must create an ALTERNATIVE to the private banking system otherwise we are all slaves of it.....

I can help  organize agents into intermediaries between the online system and offline prdocution means.... if manage to link this people' currency to offline resources ... we will be creating a real exchange value system.

NOTE: I am not yet familiar with the workings of bitcoin and I am not sure If I will end up supporting it. IT MUST BE A REAL OPPOSITE TO  the private banking system , that is the only thing I will support .

========

MAGENTO Programmers wanted ! I cant post yet in the programming forum .... ( can i please ? )

but ... i need a programmer to create a Bitocoin support for the online services selling venture at fixxi.net  I know there is some plugin already buy I need analytical / etc consultation on this. I want to support bitcoin but facilitating services exchange using bitcoin !!!!

Really excited about this !!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
swissmate

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 03:28:50 PM

I personally don't think bitcoins may become so big.
It is designed not to be used by everyone.
But I think your idea is pretty good, I'm a programmer but don't feel like joining any project.
But if you need any help or an answer feel free to ask Smiley
fixxi.net (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 04:43:32 PM

But I think your idea is pretty good, I'm a programmer but don't feel like joining any project.

i just started learning about bitcoin , but remeber someone saying it may become as big as the money system. I will keep reading but projects like that are needed for break out from slavery.

I am mostly listening to independent news ( youtube, alex jones ) and I am what they call "woken up" . People are waking UP to the selfish monetary system !!!!

Still need to learn about Bitcoin but again I think for it to become a true replacement of the monetary system IT MUST ADDRESS all drawbacks of the private monetary system. Otherwise not enough people will support it. The average Jo on Youtube now understands the shit that has been going on! ( Youtube Fractional Banking if you need to learn more )
Samor

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:08:47 PM

I feel that delay due to confirmation is pretty significant delay. I would often like my payments to finish
instantaneously instead of waiting for half an hour or so. Are there reliable work-arounds for this problem?
I know about online wallets and mtgox but as I understand both sides of the transaction need to have the
account on the service and it removes many of advantages from decentralization...
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:19:41 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2012, 12:38:06 AM by Stephen Gornick

how important is that money must be equally created by the people NOT few FAMILIES

Well, nearly half of all bitcoins that will ever be issued have been created already, with another 25% created a little over the next four years, and the remaining over the decades that follow.

There is little seigniorage with bitcoin, so there is no transfer of wealth by fiat, instead it is earned by those mining operators who are more efficient than their peers and by those who speculated and profited as the value rises.

There have been attempts at alternative currency systems closer to what you are hoping for, but they have not had much success.  For instance, the Occcu might be closer to what you are describing:
 - http://www.bitcoinmoney.com/post/17199295201

There have been a couple of threads recently describing how Bitcoin might interact with a similar "social currency", LETS:
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81500.0

And some others:
 - http://socialcompare.com/en/comparison/alternative-currencies-monetary-systems

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

fixxi.net (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 01:35:10 PM

how important is that money must be equally created by the people NOT few FAMILIES

Well, nearly half of all bitcoins that will ever be issued have been created already, with another 25% created a little over the next four years, and the remaining over the decades that follow.

There is little seigniorage with bitcoin, so there is no transfer of wealth by fiat, instead it is earned by those mining operators who are more efficient than their peers and by those who speculated and profited as the value rises.

There have been attempts at alternative currency systems closer to what you are hoping for, but they have not had much success.  For instance, the Occcu might be closer to what you are describing:
 - http://www.bitcoinmoney.com/post/17199295201

There have been a couple of thread recently describing how Bitcoin might interact with a similar "social currency", LETS:
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81500.0

And some others:
 - http://socialcompare.com/en/comparison/alternative-currencies-monetary-systems

Thanks for the links.

You do know it is stupid to say that something has a limit ? They way you say it as if you decided you willl make 1000 eur / month. But will not take higher salary.

Also not issuing more of currency doesnt mean it is not operating well...

Everytime the government prints money they are stealing from you. So anything other is better
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 01:55:43 AM

You do know it is stupid to say that something has a limit ? They way you say it as if you decided you willl make 1000 eur / month. But will not take higher salary.

Huh

You lost me there.  Are you saying that you believe the issuance rate in the Bitcoin protocol will be altered in some way (e.g.,. made to go higher?)

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Xenophon

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 11:57:14 AM

@Stephen: Thank you for the links above. I just spent several hours reading.
Bitco

Activity: 746
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 01:33:12 PM

i just started learning about bitcoin , but remeber someone saying it may become as big as the money system.

This is pretty funny.  It reminds me of some comments made on a mp3 forum about 15 years ago, where people were debating whether non-techies would ever download music.
jefferson53

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 05:21:32 PM

I personally hope that Bitcoin will succeed in the future. All we need is a critical number of people willing to risk their money in order break free from the chains of the governments. Bitcoin need not replace the current system. What it needs is to gain a status equal to those of other currencies.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 05:58:55 PM

This is Steve with fixxi.net

I am really supporting efforts to create a money system that is fair to all people and not only the bankers.

My view on the private banking system are here. community.fixxi.net/threads/299-USA-VOTE-Ron-Paul-in-2012-!!!-Last-chance-to-break-free-from-the-grip-of-banks

I am just starting with  bitcoin but hoping people can realize how important is that money must be equally created by the people NOT few FAMILIES

Add me in facebook to stay in touch. ( fixxi.net in facebook)

I support:

Networking of ways to promote bitcoin to become people owned currency and link it to offline real resources such as production , energy , food.

We must create an ALTERNATIVE to the private banking system otherwise we are all slaves of it.....

I can help  organize agents into intermediaries between the online system and offline prdocution means.... if manage to link this people' currency to offline resources ... we will be creating a real exchange value system.

NOTE: I am not yet familiar with the workings of bitcoin and I am not sure If I will end up supporting it. IT MUST BE A REAL OPPOSITE TO  the private banking system , that is the only thing I will support .

========

MAGENTO Programmers wanted ! I cant post yet in the programming forum .... ( can i please ? )

but ... i need a programmer to create a Bitocoin support for the online services selling venture at fixxi.net  I know there is some plugin already buy I need analytical / etc consultation on this. I want to support bitcoin but facilitating services exchange using bitcoin !!!!

Add me in facebook , Steve Green (   fixxi.net in facebook ) to stay in touch !!!

A GROUP OF BANKERS HAVE TAKEN CONTROL OF OUR LIVES , TIME AND WORK ,

WE ARE NOT THAT STUPID.

WE MUST TAKE BACK WHAT IS OURS : OUR BASIC LIBERTIES !

Is this you? http://www.linkedin.com/in/svetoslav
gnpeer

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 07:04:59 PM

IMO only revolution or total banks crash could force average "normal" people to commonly use bitcoin. Without that it will be interesting thing for some geeks and blackmarketers.

Mine with your Bitcoins: www.facebook.com/pyramining (always active links)
Exchange all your altcoins on Vircurex (smaller fee from that link)
gilgil

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 07:20:04 PM

Remember that "normal" people can use bitcoin as a tool to avoid their fiat currency's inflation - so I see scenarios where countries that go to quantitative easing or heavy money printing actually push smart people to gold, bitcoin and such, with bitcoin being easier to handle than gold... 

Bitrated user: gil.
David_Benz
Donator

Activity: 56

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 08:23:55 PM

I sure hope so!

I am the Bitcoinica Hacker.
Ippolit

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 09:34:40 PM

IMO only revolution or total banks crash could force average "normal" people to commonly use bitcoin. Without that it will be interesting thing for some geeks and blackmarketers.

Bitcoin ~= Linux imo. In all the visible markets it'll just be its own dedicated group of hippies - even in a revolution normal people will just stockpile gold, guns and food first - but slowly and quietly it will take over more professional markets like international money transfer and financial applications one by one, and in 15 years' time we'll all be using Bitcoin without even realizing it.
gnpeer

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 09:43:33 PM

Bitcoin ~= Linux imo. In all the visible markets it'll just be its own dedicated group of hippies - even in a revolution normal people will just stockpile gold, guns and food first - but slowly and quietly it will take over more professional markets like international money transfer and financial applications one by one, and in 15 years' time we'll all be using Bitcoin without even realizing it.

I'm afraid that governments won't let spread bitcoin too much. No control = evil = terrorist etc.
Professional markets will ruin it like it killed everything else...

Mine with your Bitcoins: www.facebook.com/pyramining (always active links)
Exchange all your altcoins on Vircurex (smaller fee from that link)
alexKKK

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 07:35:31 PM

I hope Bitcoin become very strong for next several years, mostly as result of difficulty increase, attract investors, followers and become more user friendly for usual shops ! !!

Panama Jack

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 01:05:31 AM

Yes, I'm excited about bitcoin. I'm of the mind that it could someday become the world's reserve currency. Pretty exciting.
fixxi.net (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:33:47 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2012, 12:42:23 PM by fixxi.net

This is Steve with fixxi.net

I am really supporting efforts to create a money system that is fair to all people and not only the bankers.

My view on the private banking system are here. community.fixxi.net/threads/299-USA-VOTE-Ron-Paul-in-2012-!!!-Last-chance-to-break-free-from-the-grip-of-banks

I am just starting with  bitcoin but hoping people can realize how important is that money must be equally created by the people NOT few FAMILIES

Add me in facebook to stay in touch. ( fixxi.net in facebook)

I support:

I can help  organize agents into intermediaries between the online system and offline prdocution means.... if manage to link this people' currency to offline resources ... we will be creating a real exchange value system.

NOTE: I am not yet familiar with the workings of bitcoin and I am not sure If I will end up supporting it. IT MUST BE A REAL OPPOSITE TO  the private banking system , that is the only thing I will support .

========

but ... i need a programmer to create a Bitocoin support for the online services selling venture at fixxi.net  I know there is some plugin already buy I need analytical / etc consultation on this. I want to support bitcoin but facilitating services exchange using bitcoin !!!!

Add me in facebook , Steve Green (   fixxi.net in facebook ) to stay in touch !!!

A GROUP OF BANKERS HAVE TAKEN CONTROL OF OUR LIVES , TIME AND WORK ,

WE ARE NOT THAT STUPID.

WE MUST TAKE BACK WHAT IS OURS : OUR BASIC LIBERTIES !

Is this you? http://www.linkedin.com/in/svetoslav

Fixxi.net is here http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=186806957&trk=tab_pro
fixxi.net (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:36:14 AM

Huh

You lost me there.  Are you saying that you believe the issuance rate in the Bitcoin protocol will be altered in some way (e.g.,. made to go higher?)

Hey, You understand deeper Bitcoin .... I have no clue how it works  yet .... I only meant that there should be no limit by design in the growth of any given thing ... 

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: