Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:00:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoin become the currency of the people and replace money.  (Read 3818 times)
fixxi.net (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:39:23 AM

I personally hope that Bitcoin will succeed in the future. All we need is a critical number of people willing to risk their money in order break free from the chains of the governments. Bitcoin need not replace the current system. What it needs is to gain a status equal to those of other currencies.

Yes , that is the problem .. the banking currencies have monopoly ...

We must act to develop people's currency that is not controlled by single families ...  the devaluation of through Interest rates and Fractional banking.

We must link to the offline world ... I will be trying to support through letting people exchange services on Fixxi.net ... will help people to trade outside of bank's money..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fixxi.net (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:51:18 AM

IMO only revolution or total banks crash could force average "normal" people to commonly use bitcoin. Without that it will be interesting thing for some geeks and blackmarketers.

Well yes but never say never.... problem is organization, banksters have major organization though control of the exhcnage system which results in everyone working for them.

Re bitcoin I will be helping by letting people exchange service through fixxi.net but more is needed, especially getting offline  people to use accept Bitcoin as  pay for their labour. For that to happen other people who create products and services must have started accepting bitcoin.
fixxi.net (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 11:01:58 AM

According to this Video bitcoin does have the IDEA to be a people-owned currency !!!!!!!!!!!!!11

What are we waiting for guys , LETS DRIVE THIS GLOBALLY !  Everyone will be 10 times or so richer if it werent for bankers monopoly.

Perform community development

Integrate with your website

Try to facilitate offline people accepting this ...

Do not let a central control of Bitcoin ...

Learn about bitcoin ... everyone must fully udersntand it before we accept it and IT MUST be a fair alternative to money. Only offline people don't understand the slavery of bank's money.

This is something to be excited about..

My mindset is international. I try to look beyond imperialistic , racial , etc views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYTqvYqXRbY
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 12:46:03 PM

This is Steve with fixxi.net

I am really supporting efforts to create a money system that is fair to all people and not only the bankers.

My view on the private banking system are here. community.fixxi.net/threads/299-USA-VOTE-Ron-Paul-in-2012-!!!-Last-chance-to-break-free-from-the-grip-of-banks

I am just starting with  bitcoin but hoping people can realize how important is that money must be equally created by the people NOT few FAMILIES

Add me in facebook to stay in touch. ( fixxi.net in facebook)

I support:

Networking of ways to promote bitcoin to become people owned currency and link it to offline real resources such as production , energy , food.

We must create an ALTERNATIVE to the private banking system otherwise we are all slaves of it.....

I can help  organize agents into intermediaries between the online system and offline prdocution means.... if manage to link this people' currency to offline resources ... we will be creating a real exchange value system.

NOTE: I am not yet familiar with the workings of bitcoin and I am not sure If I will end up supporting it. IT MUST BE A REAL OPPOSITE TO  the private banking system , that is the only thing I will support .

========

MAGENTO Programmers wanted ! I cant post yet in the programming forum .... ( can i please ? )

but ... i need a programmer to create a Bitocoin support for the online services selling venture at fixxi.net  I know there is some plugin already buy I need analytical / etc consultation on this. I want to support bitcoin but facilitating services exchange using bitcoin !!!!

Add me in facebook , Steve Green (   fixxi.net in facebook ) to stay in touch !!!

Really excited about this !!!

A GROUP OF BANKERS HAVE TAKEN CONTROL OF OUR LIVES , TIME AND WORK ,

WE ARE NOT THAT STUPID.

WE MUST TAKE BACK WHAT IS OURS : OUR BASIC LIBERTIES !

Is this you? http://www.linkedin.com/in/svetoslav

Yes , how did you know ? Everyone add me also in facebook Steve Rila !

It was a lucky guess. I simply took a stab in the dark when I noticed that Steve Green, Steve Gavrilov and Steve Rila were all blessed with the same first name. It was during some reverse engineering that I stumbled upon several more Steves linked directly and indirectly via information gleaned from WhosIS and the like, i.e. phone numbers. Are all those Steves with different last names you as well? BTW, welcome to the forum.

~Bruno~
fixxi.net (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:12:11 PM

It was a lucky guess. I simply took a stab in the dark when I noticed that Steve Green, Steve Gavrilov and Steve Rila were all blessed with the same first name. It was during some reverse engineering that I stumbled upon several more Steves linked directly and indirectly via information gleaned from WhosIS and the like, i.e. phone numbers. Are all those Steves with different last names you as well? BTW, welcome to the forum.

~Bruno~

Yes , All me ... have few names because I (try to ) deal with different kinds of people: Recruitment Agents in Europe, Clients Worldwide with online work .. . Also I am talking to myself all the time so had to name everyone lol ... actually no a human brain can't process logical though without talking to itself , can it ?

Glad to see there is some ID checking here .. hopefully filter out some of the bad guys ...

Later !
ludo0777

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 07:22:12 PM

I think it would be cool if it became so popular paypal actually let you buy them!  Cry
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 07:53:21 PM

I hope Bitcoin will kill the banks

TRUERELIGION

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 08:00:11 PM

one can only hope that we succeed, because everyone is sick and tired of what is going on recently... It could be but we have to make it more accessible for the average joe. But then there's governments who want to protect their interests. Only time will tell.
supermandead

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 05:56:15 AM

imo bitcoin won't be so big that everyone will be using it because not alot of people know alot about it. some people just plain dont know anything about it, so what are the chances they'll use it as a currency?
cyberagorist

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 09:01:24 PM

I'm afraid that governments won't let spread bitcoin too much. No control = evil = terrorist etc.
Professional markets will ruin it like it killed everything else...
This depends on us. If we use bitcoins, or other alternative currencies, without caring about governments, they cannot do much.

There is already the Tor network, and alternative banking may be done using Tor hidden services.

What is necessary for this to work on a large scale in a reputational network, with volitional arbitrage. See http://ilja-schmelzer.de/network for the concepts which have to be realized yet. But once such a system works, governments cannot do much to destroy it. To forbid it is simply not sufficient.
bremer-btc-user

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 11:06:08 AM

I strongly hope that bitcoin gets widespread over all sensible people in the.

Concerning that the class of politicians an Banks the FED and the EU managers do really nothing to prevent the people's wealth from melting to nothing, bitcoins are IMHO the only existing fair opportunity to store and keep value exept gold or other commodities.

But bitcoins have a great advantage over other commodities: they are not in possession of the winners of the old system.

I do my savings in bitcoin and wait for the fiat currencys to fail, wich will happen soon and worldwide (cause nearly all fiat currency are derivates of the USD).

The Question is not "IF" but "WHEN" and "HOW", the crisis is so big, that maybe only WW3 could keep the current system alive...

I hope that every indivudual on this planet will wake up before this will happen...

Does anyone know that the system would be dead tomorrow if only 5% of all people (maybe less) would withdraw their money from their bank accounts???

Bitcoins would be unaffected...
Riddleman

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 11:56:23 AM

Even though it would be great if this would happen, nope.. It's too complex for some people and believe it or not, the majority of the world doesn't have a computer Wink
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 12:45:38 PM

Does anyone know that the system would be dead tomorrow if only 5% of all people (maybe less) would withdraw their money from their bank accounts???

Actually, bitcoins would skyrocket Smiley

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
bremer-btc-user

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 12:53:47 PM

Actually, bitcoins would skyrocket Smiley

i hope it will do anyway  Wink
manman523

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 03:53:34 PM

I dont think so, I think the limit on bitcoins is 21 million. We wold need much more then that for it to be a universal currency especially for governments and such.
bremer-btc-user

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 04:37:09 PM

I dont think so, I think the limit on bitcoins is 21 million. We wold need much more then that for it to be a universal currency especially for governments and such.

regarding the fact that every bitcoin can be divided into 100 000 000 units so far it's easy to back all existing fiat currency by bitcoin just now...

the satoshi Client is prepared to display the ammounts in milli- or even micorbitcoins to overcome the problems with thinking in fractions of bitcoins.

It really is no problem at all

we all became familiar with ammounst of debt that is published in billions and trillions, so why there should be a problem to manage millis and micros?

both of them weren't usual just about ten years ago...
Kazimir
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 05:02:48 PM

This max supply of 21 million is an arbitrary number and says absolutely nothing.

It's the amount of units in which you can divide this supply, that counts!

Following the current specs, there would be a max supply of 2.1 quadrillion units (satoshi's) available. That's a LOT. Much more than there are cents in any other currency in the world (although they are unlimited because governments and banks can create them out of thin air as much as they desire - which is the cause of an entirely different plethora of problems, but that's an entirely different discussion).

Furthermore, should the need arise (which won't happen anytime soon), this could be easily adjusted and we could increase the precision to 16 decimals and even beyond that. This would allow for a worldwide supply of no less than 210 sextillion units. Every single person on earth could have more of these units than there are cents of any other currency in existence.

So, no, this is not a problem Smiley

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
manman523

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 05:32:00 PM

This max supply of 21 million is an arbitrary number and says absolutely nothing.

It's the amount of units in which you can divide this supply, that counts!

Following the current specs, there would be a max supply of 2.1 quadrillion units (satoshi's) available. That's a LOT. Much more than there are cents in any other currency in the world (although they are unlimited because governments and banks can create them out of thin air as much as they desire - which is the cause of an entirely different plethora of problems, but that's an entirely different discussion).

Furthermore, should the need arise (which won't happen anytime soon), this could be easily adjusted and we could increase the precision to 16 decimals and even beyond that. This would allow for a worldwide supply of no less than 210 sextillion units. Every single person on earth could have more of these units than there are cents of any other currency in existence.

So, no, this is not a problem Smiley
What I mean is that it is a finite amount, unlike the currencies we have now that are completely arbitrary. The entire system of currency governments rely on would have to be uprooted for bitcoins to work and I just cant imagine that happening.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 06:02:13 PM

What I mean is that it is a finite amount, unlike the currencies we have now that are completely arbitrary. The entire system of currency governments rely on would have to be uprooted for bitcoins to work and I just cant imagine that happening.

Just because something is different it doesn't mean it won't work.

I bet horse riders also said cars would never work... But then there were some few visionaries who started using them and look at roads today!
Kazimir
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 06:02:28 PM

The fact that governments and banks can currently create money out of thin air as they see fit, is the exact problem that is leading towards the collapse of the dollar and euro, and the current monetary system in whole! See also the documentary "Money as Debt" (mentioned in this topic).

You see, there is a finite amount of value in the world. Products, goods, services - stuff that people need and want, and therefore have value (of course these can be created or produced, which costs work). Money is merely a measurement to express this value, and to easily trade them. Essentially, money is just advanced bartering. When I go to the bakery and want some bread, I don't have to paint the baker's house in return, I can just give him some 'coupons' that he can give to a painter later to have his house painted (or spend it otherwise, as he sees fit).

By printing billions of extra dollars, banks do not intrinsically create more real value. They are not actually solving any problem! They're only temporarily covering holes with newer, bigger holes. This can only hold for so long. Almost every single dollar or euro on the planet, came into existence as debt. This total debt is way, WAY beyond all the work or value that we could possibly ever actually produce. The end of this ridiculous system is nigh.

Governments and especially banks will indeed not be happy at all to adopt Bitcoin as an alternative to the old fashioned money that they control. Well, too bad. Luckily we don't need them.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: