Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:26:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: YABMC Coupon Frequency - Now 2x per week  (Read 2416 times)
JWU42 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 02:35:26 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2012, 11:07:39 PM by JWU42

All,

It appears that YABMC pricing could be improved by increasing the frequency of the coupon to weekly (or perhaps even several times per week a la Meni's 336 blocks).

The GLBSE contract, to the best of my knowledge, cannot be altered as trading began weeks ago.

I cannot foresee any bondholders objecting but am still kindly asking for comments.  Feel free to PM me if you prefer not posting in the thread.

So, please note your approval to change the contract to coupon payments at something more frequent than the current "every 2016 blocks at diff change".

Again, the thought is weekly and perhaps even more frequent.

Thanks in advance for your time!

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 02:44:42 PM

Weekly seems to work well. It allows for higher paying and more frequent speculation which increases liquidity.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
dollartrader

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 02:58:11 PM

I'm all for weekly or 'more frequent' payment.
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 03:12:23 PM

Weekly would be great  Cheesy

Greetz
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 03:27:19 PM

weekly sounds good
JWU42 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 04:07:14 PM

Thanks all -- expect the answers to be the same from others but will leave this open for comment until coupon time tomorrow (approx 1500 UTC).

Does the day of the week make any difference?  Tuesday mornings are ideal for me as I have a shorter commute that day (normally) and could send before heading to the office (between 1100-1300 UTC).

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 05:02:19 PM

Weekly please. Also, the most convenient day for you would be the best choice, since delays seem to cause some distrust. Weekends would be good too I guess.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:13:12 PM

I personally love the daily payments on the JAH bonds... So if it can somehow be automated (to not cause you too much trouble) daily payments would be perfect. You can get the necessary data out of the blockchain (timestamp of last block per difficulty) and I hope that it will be possible in the future to pay dividends via the API too.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
JWU42 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:47:30 PM

Sukrim,

It isn't too time consuming to pay once all shares our sold.  We are not there yet...

Appreciate the comments and trying to determine with Nefario how to make a change "officially"

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:18:00 PM

Daily does get a bit time consuming, and requires someone to kick it over every day (365), and sometimes that's too difficult to do.  Each three days would be about the minimum, and weekly is good.  Before joining the YAMBC asset I was keen on the weekly cycle, just because it seems about the right time interval given many of the other weekly activities that are going on.

In any event, even if the words in the contract on GLBSE can not be changed, the owners of the company (and it's bond holders) can agree unilaterally to change it (dividend frequency).
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Well, as I said: Everything to determine dividend payouts of mining bonds can be calculated by a program too and is out in the open, there's no human interaction needed at all. even if not all shares are sold all you need to do is to cancel the current sell order, calculate + pay the dividend and issue a new order. Except for the dividend payment part, all of the needed information and interactions are available via API from bitcoind and GLBSE.

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:56:32 PM

It was the payment part I was referring to - currently it's that piece that is the tie.
lomax

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 10:26:05 PM

Support a move to weekly, more frequently would be nice but the increase in admin overhead is a factor.
TehZomB

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 12:43:21 AM

Weekly sounds fine to me.
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 08:37:35 AM

It was the payment part I was referring to - currently it's that piece that is the tie.
I agree, maybe it can be changed to weekly (or more frequently, if convenient) for now and put in the contract that payments occur between every 24 hours as the lower limit and 7 days as the upper limit, so you won't have to change it again if daily payments become feasible. Also you might want to ask the owner of JAH how he does daily payments - manually or maybe he already has an automated solution ready?

Additionally it might be useful to already come up with a script or program to do all the calculations and just leave the dividend payment part undefined, so you're ready to go asap. Smiley IKt would be great to have this as Open Source, so others can improve and proifit as well.

JWU42 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 10:00:01 AM

Sukrim,

It doesn't appear the contract shown on GLBSE can be changed.  Still discussing with Nefario...

I am concerned of the misinformation in having a contract (on GLBSE) stating a coupon frequency that is NOT correct.

JWU42 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:52:14 PM

Final bump for comments - should confirm this today. 

JWU42 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 11:11:13 PM

All,

I have discussed with Nefario and he will be adding functionality so we can notify all bondholders of the change in coupon payment frequency to 2x per week (Tuesday and Friday) with a time of 1200 UTC and then paying the coupon as soon as possible after (goal within 30 minutes).

I will update the coupon information in the YABMC thread as well.

I hope you all will find this an improvement and again appreciate your support of YABMC!

JWU42 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 01:22:50 AM

Usagi - thanks for the comments!

YABMC is a team now - kudos goes to PatrickHarnett and hashking as well!  Smiley

punningclan

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 07:10:50 PM

More frequent dividends means quicker turn around and compounded reinvestment. I'm liking the idea of sub week payments like Puremining. Cheesy

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
1J13NBTKiV8xrAo2dwaD4LhWs3zPobhh5S
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: