Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:09:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorola Lapdock + Odroid U3  (Read 1305 times)
disruptioncoin (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:37:38 AM

Greetings bitcoiners!

It pains me to do this, but due to a series of unfortunate events I'm broke and I've got to start selling some of my toys to stay fed. I'm not to fond of ebay taking 10%+ so I figured I'd test the waters here. First up is one of the coolest IMO, my Motorola Lapdock that I've paired with an Odroid U3. The Odroid isn't mounted to the Lapdock, it just sits in the fold out cradle where the Atrix phone was meant to sit. This isn't the original Lapdock 100 with the cord in the back, it's the all black Atrix model with the cradle. It is very thin and sort of sexy. It comes with:
-Charger for the Lapdock
-The necessary connectors (female microUSB to USB adapter, 1' USB female to male cord, and a 1' microHDMI female to male cord),
- "custom" 1' USB power cord for the Odroid
-8GB eMMC with microSD adapter and SD adapter
-Miniature USB wifi dongle (RTl8192/8188CUS Chipset),
-USB to U-ART cable for debugging
-RTC back up battery.
-Odroid U3 I/O shield
-No original Odroid power cable since it was sacrificed for the USB power cord which plugs into the Lapdock, but I'll include the original power cord if you'd like (missing it's tip)
https://i.imgur.com/oJvTRoL.jpg

This thing is pretty awesome, if you're not familiar with the Odroid U3, check it out, it has a 4 core 1.7 GHz ARM CPU and 2 GB of RAM, 3x USB 2.0, 10/100Mbps Ethernet. I mostly ran Debian Wheezy on it (the Ezy Wheezy image by memeka on the Odroid forums is nice and comes with the right Wifi drivers) and it is quite responsive. It makes a great netbook, and is great alternative to a Chromebook. It would work well as an offline OR online bitcoin wallet as well. I mostly just used it for Tor and general web browsing. But be creative! You can do alot with this thing. If desired I can ship it loaded with a fresh Ezy Wheezy image so you can use it right out of the box.

Everything together cost me over $200
I'm asking $175 in BTC, OBO, will use escrow of course.

PS: Here are some other items I'll be listing very soon to try to raise some grocery money: Motorola Lapdock 100 (no charging cable), Raspberry Pi model B with mini Wifi dongle and 8GB SD card and USB sound card, assembled 16x2 LCD+keypad plate for Raspberry Pi, 5" TFT from BuyDisplay with resistive touch panel (model ER-TFTM050-2), Bluetimes 10,000 mAh ultrathin portable USB power bank and more to come
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: