Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:56:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please! Make services available to Puerto Rico!  (Read 1292 times)
siulynot (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 04:24:11 PM

I live in Puerto Rico and have a huge difficulty to buy bitcoins. Bitinstant doesnt work on any location in Puerto Rico and Dwolla doesnt accept account for residents of Puerto Rico although we are a commonwealth of United States. Please, please, can someone do something about this?

EDIT: It would be perfect to be able to do a cash deposit in a location nearby. Now bitinstant have deposits through Walmart, CVS and 7-11 but none of them are working in Puerto Rico.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siulynot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 05:07:54 PM

I need to post five times so that i can talk to the guys at bitinstant.
siulynot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 05:16:39 PM

Forgot to say that there are no BoA or Chase or anything like that in PR, but there are other banks that are really branches of big wall street banks here.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:27:40 PM

EDIT: It would be perfect to be able to do a cash deposit in a location nearby. Now bitinstant have deposits through Walmart, CVS and 7-11 but none of them are working in Puerto Rico.

Looks like Walmart will work using this method:

Please please! Do something so that i can make a cash deposit in Puerto Rico. We are a commonwealth of United States. There are walmarts here but Zip zap says that there are no deposit locations in my territory.

Just choose any Walmart in the states, and bring it to a Walmart in Puerto Rico, should work fine.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

siulynot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:22:59 PM

Thanks! Im trying this today... will update when i get this done.
Maria

Activity: 832
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 10:33:14 PM

Si funciona en Puerto Rico. Lo acabamos de probar en Walmart de Carolina y en menos de 15 minutos teniamos los fondos. Interesabte saber que hay boricuas en esto. Escriveme por privado para dialogar sobre nuestro pais y bitcoin. Exito!!

Minutia

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 10:34:11 PM

Good luck
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 11:39:14 PM

Perhaps intersango.com is of any use to you? After trying several different exchange services, I now do all my trading (well, that's just buying bitcoins in my case) on intersango only. They're awesome.

They don't care about your country or location whatsoever (you don't even have to fill that in), you just need to make an international wire transfer from your bank account to theirs. Once the funds are on your account (typically takes 1-2 days for me but this may depend on your bank and country), you can buy BTC.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
siulynot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 12:20:42 AM

I dont have to worry anymore for lack of services in Puerto Rico... the new service from bitinstant work very well here. I went today to walmart and 5min. after i did the payment i had my money on my account. This is as fast as it can get!

Maria! I sent you a private message... lets do community in Puerto Rico!
papitohead

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:36:06 PM

I was in Colombia where I met a friend who recommended me bitcoin. I had an accident there and had to be flown back to Puerto Rico. I am still disabled after a year of the accident and now I am ready to start my journey in bitcoin. I see that some of you have mentioned buying bitcoins in Walmart. I am in Fajardo and can travel to Carolina if needed to, but my concern is that if I go to Walmart and ask to buy bitcoin they may think I am from a different planet. Is there anything I need to ask for besides mentioning bitcoin?

Also, if there is a community being started in Puerto Rico, I like to be part of it. I am an administrator in an FTA forum in Canada and added a section for bitcoin in Spanish, but has been stagnated since I opened it because no one seems to know or heard of bitcoin. I am new in this forum and do not know how to send PMs unless I am not allowed to as of yet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: