Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:30:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain technologies Limited is now a disappointment  (Read 2788 times)
meornot69 (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:12:28 PM

Bitmain was my favorite company, until they start acting like don't care about  customers.
i had a lot of post in that i said that Bitmain is the best company on the market, and i think it was, and now they start acting like they don t care, they made a lots of money and now they customer does not matter anymore.
Sorry to say but Bitmain technologies Limited got from a trusted company, to a low level, and i think not much people will trust them anymore.
so go ahead and ask people like 150 $ per unit for shipping and the unit cost 198 $(and ohh...customers need to pay custom taxes too), nice try, they will get the investment in antoher life maybe.
so good luck with your new business plan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:18:27 PM

Bitmain was my favorite company, until they start acting like don't care about  customers.
i had a lot of post in that i said that Bitmain is the best company on the market, and i think it was, and now they start acting like they don t care, they made a lots of money and now they customer does not matter anymore.
Sorry to say but Bitmain technologies Limited got from a trusted company, to a low level, and i think not much people will trust them anymore.
so go ahead and ask people like 150 $ per unit for shipping and the unit cost 198 $(and ohh...customers need to pay custom taxes too), nice try, they will get the investment in antoher life maybe.

So you think they should pay for your shipping AND taxes? Should they also just send you one for free AND pay YOU $100?  Roll Eyes

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:26:48 PM

At the end of the day Bitmain is a company like any other they will aim to always operate in a profit situation. Meaning if it isn't profitable for them to sell miners to end consumers they will just mine with the units themselves. Your example of them asking $150 to ship a miner that costs $198 is not fair on bitmain. Do you think that they are able to produce the unit in the remaining $48 that they would have after paying the shipping? From experience in manufacturing miners i can tell you that they wouldn't. Bitmain are one of the best miner sellers currently operating i think they have exceptional devices and exceptional customer service. Taxes are up to you as they are with all miner companies.

Bitmain are one of the only miner manufacturing companies i would trust with my btc.

Message me if you have any problems
meornot69 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:27:45 PM

So you think they should pay for your shipping AND taxes? Should they also just send you one for free AND pay YOU $100?  Roll Eyes
not at all, they never pay custom taxes, and btw i buy i lot of units from them, and btw they never posted on the site that shpping cost will be added
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:30:29 PM

not at all, they never pay custom taxes, and btw i buy i lot of units from them, and btw they never posted on the site that shpping cost will be added

Since you buy units you should already know the shipping costs. What are you complaining about? Taxes, complain to your government. Don't want to pay for shipping, don't order. If the market won't bear their pricing, they will lower prices once purchasing falls.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:31:03 PM

Bitmain will forever have contributed something great to bitcoin mining. It ended the whole preorder for asic miners. They set the standard for no preorders on miners and waiting months (although now they did do a preorder with their scrypt miner). Bitmain is probably still one of the most reliable sources for miners. As a company they are still great and fulfill orders like they say they would. ROI is different than the company operations. ROI is getting harder with any miner since the price of bitcoin went down greatly. It makes it harder when buying from Bitmain because it is harder for them as well.
meornot69 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:36:20 PM

Bitmain will forever have contributed something great to bitcoin mining. It ended the whole preorder for asic miners. They set the standard for no preorders on miners and waiting months (although now they did do a preorder with their scrypt miner). Bitmain is probably still one of the most reliable sources for miners. As a company they are still great and fulfill orders like they say they would. ROI is different than the company operations. ROI is getting harder with any miner since the price of bitcoin went down greatly. It makes it harder when buying from Bitmain because it is harder for them as well.
i don t say that is not hard, but they could be corrected and announce that they will apply shipping cost from a certain date.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 12:36:26 AM

Which miner and to where are you trying to get shipping?

pak13

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:59:16 AM

Follow what most of us have done and started purchasing the Prisma line. Check the group buy forum. Friedcat and what they have coming next year will amaze.

bitmaintech have had their day and simply are targeting hobby people with their liquid cooling (costing more when all costs combined) and their shiny paperweight's.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:20:31 AM

Shipping for 2 S3's is 0.386 BTC  135.536 USD for me. I live in the US, so no customs or taxes.

That is quite a bit of money. I understand the shipping costs to and from China, but a company that ships as much stuff as Bitmain should have a better shipping rate.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 06:12:52 AM

Shipping for 2 S3's is 0.386 BTC  135.536 USD for me. I live in the US, so no customs or taxes.

That is quite a bit of money. I understand the shipping costs to and from China, but a company that ships as much stuff as Bitmain should have a better shipping rate.

IF this Helps any try there us site

http://bitmainusa.com/

Smiley .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
meornot69 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 08:44:39 AM

i want to buy S3 and i need shipping for east europe.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 11:15:07 AM

At the end of the day Bitmain is a company like any other they will aim to always operate in a profit situation. Meaning if it isn't profitable for them to sell miners to end consumers they will just mine with the units themselves. Your example of them asking $150 to ship a miner that costs $198 is not fair on bitmain. Do you think that they are able to produce the unit in the remaining $48 that they would have after paying the shipping? From experience in manufacturing miners i can tell you that they wouldn't. Bitmain are one of the best miner sellers currently operating i think they have exceptional devices and exceptional customer service. Taxes are up to you as they are with all miner companies.

Bitmain are one of the only miner manufacturing companies i would trust with my btc.

THIS.

when BTC was $600, and an S3 cost $150 to build and $100 to ship, 0.7BTC was a fair price to charge because the miner could produce a positive ROI and so could bitmain. At $350/BTC it doesnt work that way, as the 0.5BTC sticker price means that including shipping would cause a loss to bitmain.

the alternative? manufacture your own hardware. If that doesnt work then you are SOL - this is a fairly competitive market and I can guarentee you that Bitmain is trying to sell units at a reasonable price.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:56:49 PM

Oh, how can you know this?..

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 04:59:30 PM

Oh, how can you know this?..

Common sense, you think miners grow on trees?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: