Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:38:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Haunted Hashlet Cloud Mining  (Read 2501 times)
Emperion (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:19:18 PM

Hello everyone! I am here to discuss some features that we could see in the upcoming Haunted Hashlet as hinted by Josh’s profile picture. For those of you who haven’t seen it, here it is!

http://cryptocoinchronicle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/766VkNn.png

This Hashlet would obviously be launched sometime in the next two weeks prior to Halloween. The price would likely be between $20-50 depending on the algorithm and power of the Hashlet. If it takes a mirror of the Zen Hashlet, we are looking at closer to the $20 price point though there might be a slight mark-up for the legendary branding and collectible nature of the Hashlet. Also, we can likely expect the Hashlet to be more readily available than the Remember Hashlet, and much more readily available than the Vegas Hashlet.

Because this is based on a holiday, it would be reasonable for GAW to increase the quantity supplied as many people would want to collect these. Because of Project Prime, I think it would be more likely to be a Zen Mirror than a Prime Mirror and also be closer to the $20 price range due to many people wanting one.

Read the full article at: http://cryptocoinchronicle.com/2014/10/haunted-hashlet-cloud-mining/
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 07:34:34 AM

This has already been announced on Hashtalk.

There will be 3 of them, all will be limited editions and there will be 50 of each.

Each will be priced 50 USD so I am getting like the other legendary hashlets, these will have the same capabilities of a prime.

Ian

btckold24

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 08:42:46 AM

people actually want to collect these hashlets? lmao - Personally I just want hash power - could give 2 shizz if there is a pumpkin on it or a turkey...

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
hansberger

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 10:00:51 AM

collecting hashlets because of their skin? lmao!
boy2k

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 10:49:00 AM

lol! seriously....
bitzcointalk

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

My avatar is in the shop

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:10:14 AM

Dont buy cloud. Seriously. You will not ROI.
Check here:
http://www.vnbitcoin.org/litecoincalculator
http://www.vnbitcoin.org/bitcoincalculator

Angry

Snipe85

Activity: 756

Infleum

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:19:34 AM

Dont buy cloud. Seriously. You will not ROI.
Check here:
http://www.vnbitcoin.org/litecoincalculator
http://www.vnbitcoin.org/bitcoincalculator

Angry

The problem I see here is, you could as well say: don't buy miners, you will not ROI.

Etanllah

Activity: 426

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:26:43 PM

I'm personally an advocate of Hashlets, but I have to agree that I don't see any point in paying for a premium because it has a different skin. It's just like the Legendary hashlets that used to be going for $100+ (they are around $75 the last time I saw). They are just Primes with a different look. I'd rather get a Prime for $40.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 01:39:42 PM

If you were one of the people able to buy one of these Hashlets directly from GAW that would be great. Seeing as they aren't available anymore you could put it on the marketplace and sell it for easily 3-4x more than you paid for it. Not sure why people are willing to pay these prices for a special Hashlet with no differences from a Prime, but I guess for some reason people will.
PCComf

Activity: 90

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:15:56 PM

I predict that these people a year from now will look back on the GAW hype and feel really foolish that they fell for it.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:08:18 PM

I predict that these people a year from now will look back on the GAW hype and feel really foolish that they fell for it.
Funny, but people are saying exactly the same thing about bitcoin Wink

PCComf

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:34:36 PM

I have no doubt they have a massive farm of both scrypt and sha mining. I'm talking more along the lines of their hashpoints which they can manipulate in any way shape or form and won't actually require anything beyond a single CPU to mine for everyone. They basically created a fiat coupon system on top of the fiat dollar and it goes against what anyone invested in crypto should be about.

Valuing certain "miners" or "shares" in hash power above other shares should also be a concern. The haunted hashlets, vegas hashlets, etc. It's like saying the first bitcoin that Satoshi mined is more valuable than the one that was just mined. It's all hype and ignorance. Yes, some people are going to make a lot of money doing this, but most people probably will not.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:05:41 PM

I have no doubt they have a massive farm of both scrypt and sha mining. I'm talking more along the lines of their hashpoints which they can manipulate in any way shape or form and won't actually require anything beyond a single CPU to mine for everyone. They basically created a fiat coupon system on top of the fiat dollar and it goes against what anyone invested in crypto should be about.

The hashpoints are a temporary reprieve for the low payouts, low BTC/USD exchange rate, and the maintenance fees.  You don't have to mine hashpoints at all if you don't want to.  Or you can get USD equivalent to use for other things in the future.  It's a way to hedge against even lower BTC/USD exchange rate, lower payouts, difficulty increases, etc.

But hints have been dropped about a new coin and that hashpoints can be used in the ICO.  Whether that is a good strategy to point your hashlets to the hashpoints pool or not... that is up to you.

Valuing certain "miners" or "shares" in hash power above other shares should also be a concern. The haunted hashlets, vegas hashlets, etc. It's like saying the first bitcoin that Satoshi mined is more valuable than the one that was just mined. It's all hype and ignorance. Yes, some people are going to make a lot of money doing this, but most people probably will not.

Some people are collectors... Why not cater to their interests?  It doesn't affect bitcoin in any way.
Darwerft

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:49:41 PM

I would certainly pay more for the first 50 bitcoins than for the 50 bitcoins I may and may not have now.
Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:20:28 PM

I've hit ROI already so whoever says you can't ROI with cloud mining is wrong.

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
puwaha

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:19:30 AM

I have quite the suspicsion you work for Gawminers, but that doesn't effect how truthful your comment was.

Thanks, I guess... But no, I don't work for GAW/ZenCloud.  Cheesy  Just an affiliate link in my sig... just like you.

I'm certainly not "Craig" either.
sdpenaloza

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:44:40 PM

I think the timing was key for zenpool to get a good profit.  People who started with Zencloud transfered their hardware to hashlet primes and then sold at the peak or even now (after getting some revenue in the good days of zenpool) made out like bandits. Since they pretty much got in when primes were like less than $15 per MH/s  (even now I still think its sitting $39+ in hashmarket and still selling because of speculation on the "hashcoin" ICO from hashpoints).

Met ROI and more with zencloud albeit I was one of the early people in zencloud...

That being said I think GAW means well in the cloud mining but ya reskinned primes isn't something I'd consider paying more than market priced primes.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:39:29 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 03:11:13 AM by Slark

Already happening....

Look back at the history of bitcoin. I remember many comments like that when bitcoin was at its beginning. That it will be foolish to invest anything and in a year or 2 it all crumble. Look at bitcoin now...
puwaha

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:56:00 AM

Already happening....

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
PCComf

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:46:01 PM

Already happening....

Look back at the history of bitcoin. I remember many comments like that when bitcoin was at its beginning. That it will be foolish to invest anything and in a year or 2 it all crumble. Look at bitcoin now...

This is nothing like Bitcoin. Bitcoin was revolutionary and stood on its own merits.  This stands only on hype and backing by large investors, banks, and GAW. put your faith in them if you want, but there is nothing going on here besides a money making scheme that someone has to pay for.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: