Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:11:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing the Crypto Vigilante Group - it's a scam.  (Read 2822 times)
tokyopotato (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:41:51 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2014, 05:15:08 AM by tokyopotato

This is a warning to everyone.  A new scam has launched.  Run by another anonymous person.

This scam demands that self-moderated threads be reported for moderation.  CryptoVigilanteGroup has launched a locked/self-moderated thread in order to give no recourse for those accused of scams.  I was able to get one post in before he locked it.  As such this thread could be considered libelous.

Bitcointalk clearly states this at the top of all self-moderated threads: This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic..

Anyone that moderates their own self-moderated thread is free to do so and this scam artist is a moron who can't read and is attempting to defame victims without any recourse:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=768815.0

With the proliferation of scam coins & shady devs it's time to take a stand.

We have now added FUD campaign organizers to our target lists. Devs who launch FUD campaigns against other coins will be exposed as well.

I have started this thread with the sole intention of exposing shady practices within crypto and putting the spotlight on those whose intent is less that honorable. I should add we are only interested in alts.
I'm using a new account to avoid the obvious backlash from affecting my regular account.

I commend CryptoAsian and others like him that reward forthcoming devs teams with a trust level based upon the amount of transparency and cooperation displayed.
Think of CVG's as similar except they reward victims of shady devs with a profile of said shady dev containing as much personal information as possible.

Until there are laws in place to prevent/punish criminal activity then public exposure/shaming will have to do. Join me in saying enough!

The strategy being to create a database linking all known accounts and personal data available on shady devs to eventually be able to positively identify and release all personal data into the crypto world. Hopefully a few personal visits from those who have lost btc will deter these bums from trying the scam again and act as a warning to those hoping to scam in the future.

The results of this thread should equal a good dose of DOXing.
Personal dev team information should be pm'd to me for verification.
After verification, details will be posted in the OP in the following format.

Coin Name:       ScammyCoin
Ann Thread:       https://bitcointalk.org/correspondingthread
Devs BTCtalk name:       ScammyDev
Other Coins Dev Associated With:       TheifCoin, DupeCoin
Social Media Info:       FB, TW, Reddit, ect
Additional Identity Info:       employer, home address, ect
Scam details       Scammydev was original dev for dupecoin & ran off with BTC set aside for further development. Scammydev then launched ScammyCoin, dumped premine & disappeared.

Current Watch List: Please PM all available info on developers/teams associated with coins listed on watch list and feel free to request the addition of coins with questionable teams behind them...

SuperCoin - Thank you to everyone who has contributed info regarding Super, we are in a holding pattern awaiting SuperDev's next move
MammothCoin - See above
MastCoin
GuerillaCoin

Current FUD Watch List: Please PM all available info on developers/teams associated with deliberate FUD campaigns...

CannaCoin - After many accusations of a deliberate FUD campaign and overly moderated thread(even our post was deleted) CCN has been added. We will now begin accepting any and all DOX type information on all those involved in CannaCoin
reserved
reserved
reserved

Help us help the community.

Note: Due to those who either do not understand the value or want to stop any progress with their hate filled posts this topic has been locked. Please continue to PM dev information and results will be posted.

Thanks
Happy & safe trading,
CVG

tokyopotato (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:56:36 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2014, 04:27:27 AM by tokyopotato

I was able to post something because he is too stupid to post a locked thread from the beginning

You can clearly see in the second image where he deleted my posts and "over-moderated" his own self-moderated thread:

CryptoVigilanteGroup

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:31:42 AM

The thread is moderated for just this reason. The thread is normally locked to prevent posts like yours...you managed to slip in a comment when I was adding your info to the watch list.

You & CannaCoin have been accused of launching a deliberate smear campaign against a competing coin and instead of handling it in a mature manner you've chosen to once again to go on the attack.

History does repeat itself and you've proven again that you lack the ability to function in the crypto space without slanderous attacks. I posted in the CannaCoin thread because I had heard from a number of users that the thread was being over moderated. Your response was to delete my post and send an immature PM.
hybridsole

Activity: 944
Merit: 783

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:32:09 AM

Ha.   It's funny that he is looking for DOX information on the Cannacoin guys who did nothing but expose the CANN pre-mine scam.  Sour grapes, much?  

Should we remind everyone that this "FUD campaign" resulted in the accused having to burn 14 million coins he was caught lying about and another 6 million he's still hiding?  

Looks like the Crypto Vigilante Group is nothing more than the CANN bagholders club whose dev was caught embezzling funds.

Proof

tokyopotato (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:35:18 AM

The thread is moderated for just this reason. The thread is normally locked to prevent posts like yours...you managed to slip in a comment when I was adding your info to the watch list.

You & CannaCoin have been accused of launching a deliberate smear campaign against a competing coin and instead of handling it in a mature manner you've chosen to once again to go on the attack.

History does repeat itself and you've proven again that you lack the ability to function in the crypto space without slanderous attacks. I posted in the CannaCoin thread because I had heard from a number of users that the thread was being over moderated. Your response was to delete my post and send an immature PM.

Do you have any comprehension of how stupid you are?
tokyopotato (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:36:28 AM

Looks like the Crypto Vigilante Group is nothing more than the CANN bagholders club whose dev was caught embezzling funds.

+1
tokyopotato (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:47:33 AM

hybridsole

Activity: 944
Merit: 783

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:55:23 AM

I reported this CryptoVigilanteGroup and their hopes to spread DOX info to the moderators.  The dev Delta9 got his hand caught in the CANNdy jar and exposed as a fraud.  Get over it and start over on your next PnD off-the-shelf shitcoin.  I'm sure your 20 bitcointalk propaganda accounts can be repurposed for some other scam.  Leave real coins like CCN alone who did nothing but ask a few questions. 

For anyone who wants to know what this is all about:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829975.0
Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:04:08 AM

I read your post history and I feel really sad for you. Get on your real account and stop trying to "help" the community.

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram
NSCrypto

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:32:56 AM

lel scammrz hhejejejahahkek  Grin

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 07:30:53 AM

Operation IPO Scam Cleanup invites the Crypto Vigilante Group to a partnership in a joint effort with the Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Cleanup Team !

See below for reference:

[Warning] Operation IPO Scam Cleanup
Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Cleanup Has Begun

We have accomplished a lot so far but we still have more work to do.

Join us together we can help the community !

FUD first & ask questions later™
burnbabyburn71

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 07:48:06 AM

EVERYTHING IS SCAM GUISE!!!1

Web Dev | General Graphics Design | Windows/Linux Wallet Compiles | Certified member of the BCs
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 10:26:18 AM

Operation IPO Scam Cleanup invites the Crypto Vigilante Group to a partnership in a joint effort with the Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Cleanup Team !

See below for reference:

[Warning] Operation IPO Scam Cleanup
Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Cleanup Has Begun

We have accomplished a lot so far but we still have more work to do.

Join us together we can help the community !

Spoetnik knows whats up. Cheesy

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
pinchecobadre

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:36:44 PM

I hate to say it Tokyopotato, 'cause I am "still" a supporter of CCN's projects (not you or James as individuals), but you're getting the negative publicity you deserve and should have seen coming.

Another "action group" is calling you out for your less than professional conduct as DEVs.  Their mission is to weed child-like trolling behavior from the crypto-community.  I for one applaud them and don't care who's behind it.  You are convinced its CANN supporters, but have no evidence for jumping to this conclusion -- again, just sheer speculation.  Showing the blockchains for CANN may have been "facts" but your incessant cries for scam, lies, corruption and fraud of another DEV was speculation.  You are not the judge and the jury by any means.

Anyone interested in some lengthy back and forth on the CCN subreddit by a concerned investor (me), check out:

http://www.reddit.com/r/cannacoin/comments/2k19gz/seriously_guys_please_stop/

The exchange there sums up how poorly things were handled and how unnecessary it was for "CCN" to be dragged into this mess.

If James and Patrick felt so strongly about something, that's fine, and they should have done what this group had done and acted anonymously FOR THE SAKE OF CCN.  They didn't and because they represent a much larger CCN and NWGT community, their actions unwittingly reflect poorly on more than just them as individuals.  As an investor, a shareholder in their development project, I am very upset! 

I've been embarrassed and ashamed to be a CCN supporter, but I believe in the projects and won't jump ship.  I will also not blindly defend nor embrace childish behavior of those at the helm.  I have been a very vocal dissenter of their childish behavior.

I've urged James and Patrick to stop this nonsense.  I am a practicing attorney and know a thing or two about libel/slander.  Clearly James and Patrick don't know the definitions because quite frankly D9 would have a strong case against them.  Facts may have been presented, but the conclusions were drawn based on pure speculation. 

James / Patrick (especially you Tokyopotato), for the love of all things IRIE, stop!.  Consider representing CCN under a new alias....."Tokyopotato" has forever tarnished any good will CCN still has left and it's time to stop the bleeding!
tokyopotato (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:53:59 PM

I've urged James and Patrick to stop this nonsense.  I am a practicing attorney and know a thing or two about libel/slander.  Clearly James and Patrick don't know the definitions because quite frankly D9 would have a strong case against them.  Facts may have been presented, but the conclusions were drawn based on pure speculation.  

When did we ever libel or slander anyone? The blockchain does not lie.  

We presented all the facts.

I am sorry this does not fit with everyone's version of the events.  Anyone can see the information in front of them and read it.  

Part of the reason this got out of control, is because the CANN community tried to deny everything and yell "FUD".  It was never FUD from the get-go, it was facts that were intentionally being buried and ignored by "the powers that be".

If that's not true, then why did he make the wrong move every single time?  

Literally, everything he did after the blockchain data was exposed was to act like an innocent victim.  It's the same thing politicians do.  If he had just come out and told the truth right away, this would be far less damaging.
Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:47:52 PM

I've urged James and Patrick to stop this nonsense.  I am a practicing attorney and know a thing or two about libel/slander.  Clearly James and Patrick don't know the definitions because quite frankly D9 would have a strong case against them.  Facts may have been presented, but the conclusions were drawn based on pure speculation.  

When did we ever libel or slander anyone? The blockchain does not lie.  

We presented all the facts.

I am sorry this does not fit with everyone's version of the events.  Anyone can see the information in front of them and read it.  

Part of the reason this got out of control, is because the CANN community tried to deny everything and yell "FUD".  It was never FUD from the get-go, it was facts that were intentionally being buried and ignored by "the powers that be".

If that's not true, then why did he make the wrong move every single time?  

Literally, everything he did after the blockchain data was exposed was to act like an innocent victim.  It's the same thing politicians do.  If he had just come out and told the truth right away, this would be far less damaging.

When people are cornered they lash out, get angry and do anything they can do get out of that situation. It didn't help that he backed himself into the corner by quickly replying with lies about not having any knowledge of the coins existence; when he was the one who MANUALLY dispersed the premine into his own wallets. but somehow couldn't remember for 24 hours of constant questioning about the situation. AT LEAST he came right out and said he was keeping the remaining premine that he moved and didn't burn on his gopro with the rest. If he said that about the original amount NOTHING would of escalated instead of playing dumb.

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 04:41:13 AM

no he still kept the coins though LOL

what kind of goofy vagina logic is that ?

Razerglass..
he scammed himself some coins.. but he's honest about keeping them so its ok ?

nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 8043

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 05:40:09 AM

Ah, good.

I was worried for a moment that since its Friday evening (Saturday morning for some of you) there wouldn't be any scams going on and it would be a waste of a weekend to sit at home...

Fears averted!

PS: Cannabiscoin is being pumped by a guy who is also running a Ponzi scheme. That's some juicy FUD for ya:

https://twitter.com/PhantomTrade66

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393570.msg9319183#msg9319183

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:00:24 AM

oh yeah there is more posted daily..
so guys like gnargnar can brag on Poloniex's chat he trades them while not doing ANY research on them.
while he trolls me where ever i go starting shit while mods watch..
and hey maybe i am a Troll ? but at least i am not a cancerous aids on crypto supporting scam coins !

pinchecobadre

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:33:46 PM

Tokyopotato is as slimy as any other.

He and his CCN crew speak of transparency and altruism, but they're no better than anyone else.  They sell out their own community members for dissenting.

Do you really want to give them any of your information crypto or otherwise? 

Only fools would ignore the warnings from those who have had personal dealings with these clowns:

A self moderated thread will not keep these warnings from being spread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482425.360

and because they love to spam pictures with cute colors and arrows, I followed their lead and did the same:

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: