Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:12:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit Con? Veteran fraud expert sets his sights on bitcoin  (Read 4941 times)
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 11:51:08 AM

One of the most intriguing fact is this

When you know that there’s, what, 13 million coins in circulation, and more than 50% of the them are owned and managed by about 950 people, you realize how shallow the market it is and how subject the market is to manipulation

sadly some of the facts stated are indeed true to certain extent. I believe a lot of bitcoin fanatics will take this as an offense but sometimes whether we like it or not facts are still facts

Yes, this should be stressed.  With all the misinformation and bias out there, it's good to see some people basing their decisions on facts (this one is not proven but has some reasonable statistical backing) and their own philosophy.  I've come up against this at several points and usually honestly recommend the person to some major fiat (which, for all its faults, is currently more evenly distributed with respect to individuals) and/or to check out NEM (an altcoin focused on egalitarianism).  This doesn't bother me, but it does seem to be a deal-breaker for many.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: