Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:09:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: transfer  (Read 1078 times)
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 07:07:28 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2012, 03:05:16 PM by usagi

transfer
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JJJJust

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 11:27:03 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2012, 11:52:41 AM by JJJJust

However, I also sent recently about 12.7 bitcoins to GLBSE and that payment is now stuck in "unverified hell". I tried repeating the above steps but when I redownloaded the block chain my bitcoins did not come back. What can I do to recover this payment? Can I pay someone to process my transaction? Can I revoke it? If it's just sitting there unverified there must be some way to get it processed, right? [edit: payment was sent on the 21st.] Thanks.

If this transaction never made it into the network at all, you can use pywallet to delete it. Otherwise, if you wait, eventually -- if the wallet is connected to the network -- it'll rebroadcast and propagate.

Can you find the transaction here: http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/txlist/ ?

(edited for a better unconfirmed transaction locator)
SilverLeaf

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 12:30:03 PM

I can't find the transaction there. How do I delete a transaction using pywallet?

Under "Delete a key from your wallet:"
Key is the hash of the transaction you want to delete (type "all" to delete them all)
Type: Transaction
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 01:25:35 PM

I can't find the transaction there. How do I delete a transaction using pywallet?

Under "Delete a key from your wallet:"
Key is the hash of the transaction you want to delete (type "all" to delete them all)
Type: Transaction
Make a backup first, since this sounds kinda dangerous.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: