Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:10:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 million bitcoin users  (Read 1041 times)
12Lc7Wxjtpe (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 07:46:12 AM

Hi I was thinking about this,

How to reach 1 million bitcoin users?
This forum got 55k + members let's say that every member is willing to
invest 0,20 btc.

What we need from the bitcoin developers, is that they link every new
installed bitcoinwallet to it's ip. Every new bitcoin user will get 0,20 btc
send to their address, so they can try using bitcoins. This would be great
for the bitcoin merchant and the economy.

I realize that some people will try to cheat in sucha case. but let me know
what you think about the idea.

Yes I saw, Tony Gallippi - Bitcoin Adoption youtube vid.
We need to spread the message more.

Yeah that is my bitcoinaddress feel free to send me 0,05 btc Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
12Lc7Wxjtpe (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 08:12:27 AM

How it's gonna go down
The developer will make a "Bitcoin Promo Wallet" with this wallet you have only 1 bitcoin address,
your wallet is linked to your ipaddress, programs like tor can't be installed together with this wallet.
You can't uninstall your "Bitcoin Promo Wallet" untill the periode is expired minimum 3 months.

Merchant can be added to the bitcoin.org merchantlist for just 1btc, which will be send to bitcoin.org
These btc's will be used to pay out the 0,20 btc to the new users. The members on this forum each
have to send 0,20 btc to bitcoin.org, because the community should also help in this promo.

If people can use bitcoins, and see how easy it is. They will adopt faster. When talking doesn't help
you got take action. Bitcoin.org could work miracles here for the bitcoin machinery.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 08:28:42 AM

How it's gonna go down
The developer will make a "Bitcoin Promo Wallet" with this wallet you have only 1 bitcoin address,
your wallet is linked to your ipaddress, programs like tor can't be installed together with this wallet.
You can't uninstall your "Bitcoin Promo Wallet" untill the periode is expired minimum 3 months.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
12Lc7Wxjtpe (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 04:53:03 PM

Oooh keee
My idea might seem a little ignorant, but I would like to read about your great idea.
It's always so funny that people have comments about other, but never seem to offer
an solution. How would you wanna reach 1 million bitcoin users?

Answer that question, then start to comment about my idea. Just because your not
ready to make mistakes doesn't mean that every 1 is like you. I rather make mistake
because you can learn from them. Grin
12Lc7Wxjtpe (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:34:08 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2012, 09:03:51 PM by 12Lc7WxjtpeaeMStFbe5aAeuP

Did any one write a book about bitcoins? if so we can reach the 1 million people
I was talking about. Check out http://millionbooks.worldreader.org/
Please Admin don't break this link because, these kids is what bitcoins need.
HOW CAN WE GET THE BITCOIN MESSAGE ON THESE KIDS THEIR EREADERS?Huh

Roll Eyes

I have the perfect book for these kids to read
http://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Those who wanna say this is not a good idea, let me see you come up with a better 1.
Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 07:57:30 PM

Oooh keee
My idea might seem a little ignorant, but I would like to read about your great idea.
It's always so funny that people have comments about other, but never seem to offer
an solution. How would you wanna reach 1 million bitcoin users?
I would want people to find out about Bitcoin on their own terms. Trying to force it on people is just going to turn people away from it.

Answer that question, then start to comment about my idea. Just because your not
ready to make mistakes doesn't mean that every 1 is like you. I rather make mistake
because you can learn from them. Grin
This idea is not merely mistaken, it's possibly the single most ill-conceived idea in Bitcoin history (and that's saying something).

How it's gonna go down
Why? Giving different addresses to different people is not just a good idea, it's downright necessary if you want to be able to keep track of where your money's coming from. Limiting users to only serves no other purpose than to make things needlessly difficult and complicated.

your wallet is linked to your ipaddress,
Why? To prevent people from getting the bonus multiple times? What about proxies? Or NATs? Did you think this through at all? Or is this just to make it easier to trace transactions back to a specific user?

programs like tor can't be installed together with this wallet.
You're telling people what they can and can't install on their own computers now? To what end? What's stopping people from just putting Tor on their network gateway and connecting through that?

Seriously? What. The. Fuck? Suppose someone installs this Bitcoin Promo Wallet, sees that it's a steaming pile of bullshit for all of the above reasons, tries to uninstall it, only to find out they can't even get this crap off their computer? What then? They're going to decide that this whole Bitcoin thing is bullshit spyware that takes over their computer, and when they finally clean up the mess they're never going to want anything to do with Bitcoin ever again, that's what. This whole thing is designed to just get people totally pissed off at Bitcoin.

The members on this forum each
have to send 0,20 btc to bitcoin.org, because the community should also help in this promo.
You know what I like about Bitcoin? The fact that nobody's forcing me to pay money for bullshit reasons. I seriously doubt you're going to get many supporters with this nonsense.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
JulioGonzo

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 08:07:37 PM

This is awesome
12Lc7Wxjtpe (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:02:42 PM

FoxPup to bad that you took so much time to downgrade my first idea.
But the idea is:

-Getting the bitcoin message http://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf on the ereader of 1 million kids http://millionbooks.worldreader.org. Because kids love reading, kids are the future and should know about the digital currency of the future.

- I already send a mail to worldreader.org and offer them to pay them a donation of $ 10, but with bitcoins.
If they take my offer, we have another bitcoin accepting entity.

- If we as a community could convince them to make use of bitcoin and have bitcoin literature on their ereader Roll Eyes

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:17:57 PM

This is my idea for 1,000,000 users:

Create yet another attempt at a viral Bitcoin video.  The premise is as follows:

People submit very short (3-7 seconds) videos of their Bitcoin purchases.  For example, if I were to make a submission, I would likely show some of the gold and silver I have purchased with Bitcoins.  Others may show computer hardware, t-shirts, gemstones, food, trading cards, collectibles, etc.   Each person in each submission would say something like "I bought THIS with Bitcoin!"

So, you'd have a several-minute-long video of 50-100 people saying "I bought THIS with Bitcoin!" and then displaying their purchases.
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 03:27:35 AM

If you need a book for the million books thing, I happily volunteer my "Introduction to Bitcoin Mining". Bonus: it's short.

https://www.coindl.com/page/item/201
Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:36:34 AM

-Getting the bitcoin message http://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf on the ereader of 1 million kids http://millionbooks.worldreader.org. Because kids love reading, kids are the future and should know about the digital currency of the future.

Did you even read that paper? It's a technical paper, describing the basic details of how the various components of the Bitcoin system operate. There aren't too many adults who could understand it, let alone children.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: