Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:58:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Factoid Spots  (Read 795 times)
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2347

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 03:42:11 AM

Are the factoid spots in the ad info page ever going to be reformed/changed/updated?

If the links contained in the list of factoids were not paid for by someone then it might be a good idea to remove them, or at the very least periodically check to make sure the site/thread that the link points to is still 'open for business'/the offer is still valid.

One example is the
Code:
Zero-risk guaranteed Loan. An "incredible" :D 1.5% a month
factoid. It points to this thread which was created in September 2012, is locked and the OP has not logged in for months. The thread mentions that the thread is locked and to PM him to take him up on his offer, however the fact that he has not logged in since June 2014 would lead me to believe that he is no longer borrowing money via this offer.

Just a suggestion Smiley

EDIT: With the exception of the two below factoids (I have also not checked any of the other links) they all appear to be accurate.

Code:
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Code:
 ;D
They are both Huh
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13092

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 04:24:08 AM

I removed the dead links.

If anyone has any suggestions for new factoids, post them here and I might add them. Factoids should be:
- Interesting, informative, or funny. The ones I wrote (most of them) are mainly focused on Bitcoin technology and history, but other Bitcoin-relevant topics could also be discussed.
- Not obvious to 99% of readers. Ideally, readers will learn something from the factoids, and maybe even be surprised.
- Not offensive
- Less than ~250 characters
- Very unobtrusive. (Much less flashy than regular forum ads.)

I probably won't add factoids that consist only of links. The factoids are supposed to be interesting in themselves. (Donators each get to choose a factoid, which explains some of the existing links and strangeness within the factoids.)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: