Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:36:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The first Bitcoin Solar mining device coming soon - SolarMiner USB2 machine  (Read 9864 times)
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 05:25:50 PM

Watching, this looks like it could be awesome...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
activebiz

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:12:45 PM

Nice idea for mining.

5ick3uffalo
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:04:02 PM

Looking for solar powered USB Miner, watching this space Smiley

BTC: 1Dw9feZAGSeHvaiQ55T7C92VAAXB2nVKKk
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:44:38 PM

FYI my panels are generating about 4kw per day, fed to the grid next to the shed with 225gh of hashing power.

C
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:07:02 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 10:30:24 PM by BG4

(IMO) unless you live off the grid...The only efficient way to power (supplement) mining is a grid tie system....

I have both a 7Kw grid tie system on my house and a ...1Kw Hybrid micro grid tie / off grid Battery backup system on my shed.....(my Solar generator)

Are you using MTTP to charge batterys?Huh   Are the Panals in parallel or series?Huh

From what I know about solar...you dont have enough panals....

Nice Setup tho......What would you do in a wind storm.......Huh?

Wyatt

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:12:49 AM

I get that there's a lot of negativity on here regarding this product but I am still curious and have some questions for solarminer.

What are the dimensions of the solar panels?

In your photos, the solar panels look like they would not do well getting wet regularly.  Are your solar panels built to maintain constant outdoor conditions, or just temporary?

Can you do custom orders, e.g. Can I buy without your solar panels, then connect my own?

Can the power source transition from solar/battery to mains automatically.  If not; could I leave the unit plugged into a mains connected timer (set to deliver power to the device only during some nighttime hours)?
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:42:30 AM

Looking forward to see it working.
repairguy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:40:04 AM

I get that there's a lot of negativity on here regarding this product but I am still curious and have some questions for solarminer.

In your photos, the solar panels look like they would not do well getting wet regularly.  Are your solar panels built to maintain constant outdoor conditions, or just temporary?

Can you do custom orders, e.g. Can I buy without your solar panels, then connect my own?

Can the power source transition from solar/battery to mains automatically.  If not; could I leave the unit plugged into a mains connected timer (set to deliver power to the device only during some nighttime hours)?

There is alot of negativity about these because we understand solar power and realize that this product is an absolute waste of money.
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:36:12 PM

There is alot of negativity about these because we understand solar power and realize that this product is an absolute waste of money.

Off Grid Solar and mining do not go together...There is no savings do to the fact that the solar equipment cost will always be way more then the mining equipment would produce in coins...For any mining equipment to work on an off grid setup you would need enough batterys to run 100%, 24 hour a day for 3 -5 days.( weather , storms , snow, clouds, seasons )..with out cycling the batterys more then 50% (deep cycle batterys)..Then be able to charge the batterys with in 5 hours of peak sunlight...with maximum power point tracking which produces the most efficient output...Deep cycle batterys are charges at 13-15 volts....most mining equipment runs at 12 volts or 5volts for USB devices. Step down voltage regulators are only 80% to 90% efficient at best and the amp hours required to charge the batterys would require 110% of the storage capacity daily...

Anyone wanting to Mine coins with solar should consider Micro-grid-tie systems..They require the least amount of cost do to the fact that they have no battery, The power grid is the battery , there for, 24 hour a day operation is able to be done ...

I am not a Electrical Engineer , Solar contractor , or Math wizard....

My rule of thumb is 100 watts of power usage for  24 hours a day requires 1000 watts of solar panals and 600 Amp hours of battery storage
If this formula was scaled to This system then maybe you would have a cool product...totally off grid...

Any Solar experts ..feel free to shoot holes in my work...
solarminer.james

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:24:39 PM

Hi repairguy,

Don't wanna offend you, but really, no battery? You are assuming the sunlight is always shining on you! LoL, better not embarrass yourself like that.

Negativity? From you?

If you really believe you were correct, go ahead and build your own and and we are glad to see your work and share with everyone.

Good luck buddy!
solarminer.james

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:45:58 PM

Hi Wyatt,

The dimensions of the solar are: Folded: 24.5x19.5 mm. Once opened: 970x485 mm

The solar panels are waterproof, but not regularly under raining condition.  If you got raining days, you should switch them to main power.

We do custom orders, you could only buy the box and connect your own solar panels as long as they are between 15V to 18V and under 80W each.

There's no automatic transition from solar to battery. You need to switch to the wall power manually, but don't worry, the machine will continue running even you unplug the solar panels for hours because of the batteries.

You could definitely use timers to switch solar and wall power.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:48:51 PM

Hi repairguy,

Don't wanna offend you, but really, no battery? You are assuming the sunlight is always shining on you! LoL, better not embarrass yourself like that.

Negativity? From you?

If you really believe you were correct, go ahead and build your own and and we are glad to see your work and share with everyone.

Good luck buddy!

Are you that stupid? You guys should really give up, as your inexperience in solar is making the whole thing a joke.
He said you don't need batteries because a grid tie system is the only way to go for 99% of the homes in this country. It's a waste of money to buy batteries instead of doing it right, but if get that your entire product idea is based on wasting as much money as possible.

You are selling some light use panels as a full time solution, where someone has to plug the batteries into the wall to charge, it's completely stupid.
solarminer.james

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:23:12 PM

Hi repairguy,

Negativity? From you?

Good luck buddy!

Are you that stupid? You guys should really give up, as your inexperience in solar is making the whole thing a joke.
He said you don't need batteries because a grid tie system is the only way to go for 99% of the homes in this country. It's a waste of money to buy batteries instead of doing it right, but if get that your entire product idea is based on wasting as much money as possible.

You are selling some light use panels as a full time solution, where someone has to plug the batteries into the wall to charge, it's completely stupid.

Are you out of topic? I'm not talking about grid tie system, digging wholes on your roof, paying thousands of dollars to repair.

I'm talking about off grid, small solar systems that provides solar mining without costs and punching wholes on your roof!
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:22:01 PM

Wtf is a wholes.

Your wildly overpriced systems are supposed to save people money? You already admit that the unit has to be plugged into household power at least part of a 24hr day, that the panels are not quality enough to remain outside in a permanent installation. Do you think people are mining part time with USB sticks  ? The math was already done, these won't save someone enough in power to offset the unit cost.
cande

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

https://bt.cx

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 07:11:29 AM

What is the benefit of running a solar powered fpga vs. asic?

BTCX "more Private than Swiss banking"
https://bt.cx
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:52:06 AM

May be it's free electricity?..  Grin

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
carlosiness

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:49:54 AM

nice idea, but i think it could not be compared with ordinary miners..

MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED, BUT THIS ASSHOLE DIDN'T CHANGE THE PASSWORD. I DON'T USED THIS FORUM FOR AGES. YOU COULD SEE IT FROM MY ACTIVITY. I USED THIS FORUM FOR FUN AND TO GET SOME BTC FROM SIGNATURES.. NOW I SEE TERRIBLE POSTS AND CRIMINAL OFFENSE FROM MY ACCOUNT. I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR ALL WHO HARMED FROM THIS LAYER ASSHOLE.. I exported my outbox when he was doing dirty jobs.. OUTBOX HERE FOR DOWNLOAD
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: