Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:52:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XOM] Coin and P2P Marketplace|Launched|AirDrop|Escrows|Reputation|and More  (Read 28339 times)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:44:46 PM

shit just got real! U should have had a social consensus!!! lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nigel Lew

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:19:28 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 05:29:48 PM by Nigel Lew

Next up.. .MY PM with omnicoin I just got...

His note to me is as follows... I will separate some logic with #########

Your posts about David Goehst
« Sent to: Nigel Lew on: Today at 01:33:09 AM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete

It appears that I have been conned by David as well.

I hired David on Elance to do some PR and social marketing for the IndieGoGo campaign. His profile said that he had 32 successful jobs in the past year, many thousands of dollars in earnings, and a decent reputation.

Now that page appears to no longer exist on Elance.

You will find that I have removed David from the team page on IndieGoGo.

I asked him to remove his recent posts from the thread, and he appears to have done so.

Now, I am asking you to please remove your posts as well.

You have succeeded in getting him "fired" from OmniBazaar, and I have learned a valuable lesson. Your posts have served their purpose, and I would like them removed. I don't need or want the drama in my thread.

Thanks,
Rick

################
Geez, When I post his words it frankly pisses me off even more, but here was my response I just sent to him.

Hello. I, in some vague sense or another, appreciate your candor.

I made it quite clear out of the gate that my issue was not with you folks, per say.

But, as Dave was on your page as your "PR Guy" I simply had to say something for obvious reasons.  It again, takes literally 2 clicks from any of about 10 websites to open up this can of worms and wind up right here.

With that being said, I am not quite done here.  Some of your positions(as far as I have bothered to read stuff) are not ok with me as far as it pertains to open source related matters.

I am simply trying to not conflate my issues with your PR guy and the campaign itself.  I am human like everyone else.

I am finding that a bit difficult right now. 

Mostly, because you think that hiding shit is somehow an answer to arriving at some sort of ethos for you folks.  As a result, I will be deleting exactly jack shit here.

What I mean by that is,  I could have saved you from even the front page of this thread, had you spoken to someone... fuck, anyone.... who actually understands how the internet works.

I, admittedly, learned some of that the hard way.

With that said, I am entirely too existential in nature to simply let this slide. I brought this headache upon myself and I am going to see it through regardless of how it turns out for me.  I blame the Grateful Dead and Albert Camus for that but, that is a conversation for another day.

When I see Dave's posts back, from his own doing, I will have a bit more faith in you... knowing that you will also approach things head on and with some respect for things that you kids didn't develop or frankly do not seem to understand in the first place.

In a perfect world, I would like to be entirely vindicated here. But, the world is not perfect nor am I,  or the people that populate it with me.  I ask nothing of you other than to frankly rethink a range of things.

We are all responsible for our own actions here and have to deal with the consequences accordingly.

That I could explain to you how to fix your mess in less than a paragraph is a moot point.  Its not why I am here. Nor do I have any reason to think you would actually change.

To be entirely too honest... Its Dave's abuse of "disruptive business models" like gofundme and indiegogo that pisses me off more than anything.

I am a grown ass man. I don't need his money.

Nigel

EDIT:

Update..... Dave has set his twitter account to private and canned the email that he used to threaten me last night... More proof that all those folks are one in the same.   Much like everything else, that guy doesn't realize his account is not actually deleted. 

I have found the folks that prosecuted him in the first place and got routed to the right jurisdiction after they tracked him down. He has until the end of business, like I said, to own his shit and pay me or his days as a free man are entirely numbered.  That dude is looking at 5+ years minimum apparently before you compound the fact he was already busted for financial fraud.  I suspect at this point the only reason that his gofundmecampaign is up because they are watching his ass and waiting for it to hit a certain fiscal threshold.

They more cash he gets, the more trouble he is in.

And... for the love of god. Put that guys posts back.  I would rather not have to post screenshots of them all.

Nigel

EDIT 2:

Next update:  The reddit thread in question has now been deleted but I can still get to all of that stuff from my account. Because, its not actually deleted.

You can find it here shortly  http://www.reddit.com/r/undelete

Proof positive that we are talking about Dave.
N.

EDIT 3:

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=609588

Found another verbatim post from the same guy. They were surprisingly easy to get to check the location of the IP involved in that post.  Not sure what I think about that.... but thanks...

N.

[Mod note: merged several posts together]
OmniBazaar (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 72

OmniBazaar -- eBay for the "un-banked" billions

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 12:43:33 AM

POD ? Coinsource?

I'm pleased to announce that we are now "Trust Verified" by Coins Source. I will be adding the information to the OP in a few minutes.

Good suggestion. Thanks for your input.

Best,
Rick

OmniBazaar (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 11:53:00 AM

Aright u talk about fair and self interesr? How about airdrop all omnis based on btc holders(snapshot btc chain)... that is the biggest community thus you cant use those arguments anymore... what will it be this time?

I don't think what you suggest is a bad idea, I just think we can do better.

If we distribute based on a BTC snapshot, we end up with a fairly broad distribution, but not a very even one. We would get stuck with the same "rich list" that BTC has now. Many of the current BTC holders might or might not care about having XOM to spend in the marketplace. And, really, our goal is to introduce millions of new users to cryptocurrency through the marketplace, not just churn the current small group of crypto enthusiasts.

It seems to me that it makes more sense to distribute XOM to a large number of people who opt in to receive them because they are interested either in the marketplace or the coin. Then, there is a lot better chance that the coins (and the marketplace) will get used.

We have no way of knowing in advance how many people will join, or how quickly the number of participants will grow. So, we will probably give slightly more coins to early adopters, compared to later adopters, to provide an incentive. But, the main plan is to get coins into the hands of a huge number of people.

The fairness part comes from not doing some huge pre-mine to pay investors or the developers. Our business plan is to make a tiny percentage on the transactions, rather than abuse the coin and the coin holders with an "insta-mine", "pre-mine", "ninja-mine", or the infamous "developer-and-friends-mine-all-the-coins-by-PoW-in-the-first-two-weeks, and-then-switch-to-PoS" trick.

Best, Rick

Nigel Lew

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:06:23 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 01:36:19 AM by Nigel Lew

Hi just a quick note here folks. I have FULLY qualified that Rick was entirely none the wiser about Dave Goehst.

He has fleeced a veritable truck load of folks and continues to do so. Those days are about to be over fortunately.

I will be compiling a few things here and removing a range of posts I made as to not take a dump on your forum or in this poor guys thread.  

I just happened to find the fellow as, what amounts to an article monkey, on their fund raising page.

I hope I didn't cause too many issues for these folks. Certainly... upon discovering he is not actually part of this initiative.

I wish Rick and the rest of the Omnicoin folks all the best.  I have been trying to get this all day. I am a tad swamped. I will have things cleaned up shortly.

regards,
Nigel

OmniBazaar (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 01:31:57 PM

I would like to thank David and Nigel for taking (most of) their personal dispute out of this thread.

Perhaps now we can get back to the original topic.

Rick

Nigel Lew

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:00:12 PM

I think what you mean to say that is my problem with was your PR department at the time who was and is still engaged in a wide range of fraud.  A large part of which is a crowdfunding campaign for a vaporware algo that cant exist in the first place.

He simply tried to delete his existence and his words about code he wrote on his gofundme campaign.

Do you understand the quandary yet?  This is work and the real world. I don't take convicts personally.

Nigel
OmniBazaar (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 01:28:05 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2014, 11:42:21 AM by OmniBazaar

I've got a lot of work to do to get the marketplace and coin software ready for release. So, I'm not going try to "pump" this thread, or make any heroic efforts to get it back on topic.

I will keep an eye on the thread. If anyone has any comments, questions, rebuttals or suggestions, I will be happy to respond.

Otherwise, I'm going to stay focused on the job of getting the beta release ready. When we are ready for beta testing, I will probably start another (self-moderated) announcement thread, and put out a call for beta testers. If you are interested in being a beta tester, or helping any other way with the project, please PM me or speak up here in the thread.

Best,
Rick

J9901

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 10:27:01 PM

Glad to see that info about this scammer has finally come to light.

JUST A  SCAM.

Move on. Nothing to see here folks!!!

Cool
fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 06:21:24 AM

Only allowing wealthy investors fund your project, -8 points.

Kickstarter such that normal people get NO equity in your business, -7 points.

Forking BitShares code without mentioning BitShares explicitly even once, -8 points.

Not honoring the BitShares consensus of 10/10 to PTS/AGS holders, -6 points.

Screen shots that look horribly designed, -7 points.

This.

What I like, it's that the era of Open Markets it's coming and I'm starting to see a new wave like the altcoins one, but about this stuff.

By the way, wtf about this?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=post;quote=147519;topic=11107.0;last_msg=147630
BTS fork? Guys, what are you talking about - look at the screenshots, its clearly a Java application! lololololololol
OmniBazaar (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 03:28:14 AM

Since you brought it up again, I don't mind reviewing this.

This is a matter of compliance with securities law. The way we are offering our Private Placement REQUIRES that we accept investments only from "Accredited Investors".

Again, this is a matter of compliance with both US securities law and the rules of IndieGoGo. Normal people may at some point be able to invest via our offering at AngelList
(https://angel.co/omnibazaar-inc), at such time as we have a lead investor who is willing to form what they call a "syndication".

Forking BitShares code without mentioning BitShares explicitly even once, -8 points.

I have edited the OP and added a clear and unambiguous reference to BTSX, and will do so in all other venues where it will not simply serve to confuse people. Almost every coin out there (except Bitcoin) is based on some other coin. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." We think BTSX is great. We're not hiding that, or any of the great features.

See my response here:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=835575.msg9507580#msg9507580.

Those are early screenshots, and the interface has improved since then. But, thanks for your input.

This.

What I like, it's that the era of Open Markets it's coming and I'm starting to see a new wave like the altcoins one, but about this stuff.

Of course, we agree completely. And we are making an honest, concerted effort to make it happen. Sooner rather than later.

By the way, wtf about this?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=post;quote=147519;topic=11107.0;last_msg=147630
BTS fork? Guys, what are you talking about - look at the screenshots, its clearly a Java application! lololololololol
The observant poster on bitsharestalk.org is correct that we have a java UI for the OmniBazaar marketplace application. The marketplace application is separate from the OmniCoin wallet and the Bitcoin wallet. We did this to make the UI as portable as possible to various platforms. We have designed OmniBazaar to be massively scalable, and part of that design is to keep the listings separate from the blockchain.

Thanks for asking.

Best,
Rick

cass

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:41:38 PM

ah CLains, couldn't have said it better myself.

I will actively discourage anybody I ever talk to about the project for the above reasons.

+5% Absolutely no support from BTS ... good luck with your project ....
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Angel investor.

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:36:12 AM

Any update?

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
OmniBazaar (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 02:09:51 AM

Any update?

Development is progressing on both the OmniBazaar marketplace application and the OmniCoin wallet, although not as fast as we would like.  The marketplace and the wallets (Bitcoin and OmniCoin) are all working, but still need some polish and better integration before we release them in a beta test. We still need to get the "reputation" and "escrow" modules coded and tested before we can think about making a public release.

We are still open to help -- either in the form of coding or through funding.

Thanks for asking.

Best,
Rick

visaco

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:58:55 AM

i spent 50 eur in indiegogo...can i get my money back?

I have told you NEM will make you a millionaire and we have made it ...IOST is the new baby Money making machine.  keep an eye on this little Monster...
OmniBazaar (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 08:38:44 PM

i spent 50 eur in indiegogo...can i get my money back?

I believe the amount was $50 USD, not 50 EUR. But, either way, please send me a PM with details about the best method to get a refund to you.

Best,
Rick

OmniBazaar (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 08:46:12 PM

It is probably time for an update regarding this project.

For the past year, the members of the OmniBazaar team have been focusing all of their time, attention, and resources on getting the software ready for release. And we are almost to the finish line.

•   We have completed the design and programming of our new "Proof of Participation" blockchain security model.
•   We have added an OmniCoin "faucet" that will provide enough OmniCoins to new users to allow them to register and get started in the marketplace.
•   We have implemented the referral system that will reward users for introducing new people to OmniBazaar.
•   We have designed and programmed the mechanisms for distributing OmniCoin bonuses to early adopters and marketplace service providers.
•   We have conceived and implemented a new way for OmniBazaar to receive development and maintenance income, without charging transaction fees to our users.
•   We have completed a thorough overhaul of the bitcoin wallet that is built into OmniBazaar, so that the use of bitcoins will be completely robust and reliable.
•   We have incorporated into OmniBazaar a peer-to-peer communication system that does not rely on a central server.

All of this development has been occurring in "stealth mode".

There are a couple of reason why we have not been boasting about every step of the development process. One is that we don't want to see someone else use our ideas before we release them. The other is that we believe it is more important to announce a finished product than to talk about a work in progress.

We have recently had some positive interest from a couple of different investment funds that specialize in cryptocurrency-related investments. Both have indicated interest in investing in our current stock offering when we have a "lead investor" to lead the funding. Please let me know if you or anyone you know is an "accredited investor" who might be interested.

Within the next few weeks, we will need the help of some beta testers. We would be happy to have any of our "backers" from Indigogo be involved in the beta testing process. If you are interested in seeing an advance copy of the application, and helping us with testing, please send me a message.

Developing OmniBazaar on a "shoestring" budget has been much slower than we would have liked. But, it has taught us some import lessons about getting development accomplished with limited funds.

I hope to have more news soon.

Best,
Rick

OmniBazaar (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2019, 11:34:31 PM

****** UPDATE *********

The OmniBazaar marketplace and OmniCoin cryptocurrency launched on 31 October 2018.

See the updated OP for details about the project.

cripti7

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 05:21:17 AM

Do you have any other docs other than whitepaper? Blogs? Could not find anything like this in the thread body.
OmniBazaar (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2019, 04:30:09 PM

Do you have any other docs other than whitepaper? Blogs? Could not find anything like this in the thread body.

Here are bunch of links to info, videos and social media:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: