Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:54:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1000 ATMs... 1000 locations needed = You'd decide! CHALLENGE... GET INVOLVED!  (Read 2663 times)
TheCryptoBank (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:26:18 PM

Hello All,

So it seems my earlier topic about ATMs didn't get any feedback and it certainly didn't spark a deep discussion about making Bitcoins more accessible. So I thought this would be a good exercise to gauge members feedback on where they think Bitcoin ATMs should be located.

So the challenge is simple:

We have 1000 ATMs and need 1000 locations to place them. We are asking members to provide a location where they think an ATM would be best placed in the world. Can be any country, city, town or neighbourhood. Hopefully this will be a constructive task and gauge some meaningful feedback.
Think about a location that would be most beneficial to users and also a location that would be able to raise awareness. The location would need to be easily accessible and have a wider usage/purpose.

Please list your suggested location in the following format:

(Number): Location.

Why:

For example:

12: Covent Gardens, London

Why: Excellence access for locals, visitors, tourists and businesses. Popular area that wiuld provide large footfall. If would help to gain exposure of Bitcoin and would allow Bitcoin to be accessed from a great hotspot where it could easily be used in nearby shops, theatres and restaurants.

The challenge is on...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 11:47:22 PM

Location: "Forum Trabzon", Trabzon, Turkey. (Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Forum+Trabzon/@40.999721,39.76122,570m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x40643a5f05c38837:0xec3f8f48315ecac2 )

Why:
First of all, Forum Trabzon is a big mall that has lots of local visitors.
Secondly, Trabzon and this mall gets lots of Arab tourists.
Thirdly, Forum Trabzon is near "Karadeniz Technical University" which has over 50k students. (You can check the campus on the google map).
Lastly, Forum Trabzon is near of "Trabzon International Airport".

Also I live in Trabzon Grin

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
TheCryptoBank (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:53:23 PM

Location: "Forum Trabzon", Trabzon, Turkey. (Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Forum+Trabzon/@40.999721,39.76122,570m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x40643a5f05c38837:0xec3f8f48315ecac2 )

Why:
First of all, Forum Trabzon is a big mall that has lots of local visitors.
Secondly, Trabzon and this mall gets lots of Arab tourists.
Thirdly, Forum Trabzon is near "Karadeniz Technical University" which has over 50k students. (You can check the campus on the google map).
Lastly, Forum Trabzon is near of "Trabzon International Airport".

Also I live in Trabzon Grin

Hello Cakir,

Thanks for your suggestion, number one on the list!

Some great reasons also!

Hopefully others will get involved and soon we will have 1000 solid locations!

So spot number 1. Has been taken, who will be location number 2... (No pun intended!)

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:55:09 PM

Number 2 (is that number just supposed to be the place mentioned in this thread?)
Mall of America in MN:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mall_of_America

http://www.mallofamerica.com/

Why: It's a huge mall, gets lots of visitors from all over the country (and some from visitors to the country).

Most of all, because there's so many shops (over 520 and an amusement park) pulled together in one place, if they could get every shop in the mall to accept them, it could be a major place for Bitcoin enthusiasts to visit, and also could introduce it to many new people, and I'm sure it would get coverage from the news if they could/would decide to do that.  
TheCryptoBank (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:17:00 AM

Number 2 (is that number just supposed to be the place mentioned in this thread?)
Mall of America in MN:

Why: It's a huge mall, gets lots of visitors from all over the country (and some from visitors to the country).

Most of all, because there's so many shops (over 520 and an amusement park) pulled together in one place, if they could get every shop in the mall to accept them, it could be a major place for Bitcoin enthusiasts to visit, and also could introduce it to many new people, and I'm sure it would get coverage from the news if they could/would decide to do that.  

Excellent Location! It is clearly a key hotspot in the local area and nation as a whole!

I like the idea about acceptance of Bitcoin across all the outlets within the mall, it would certainly increase exposure! This would be an executive decision for Mall management and possibly with something this big would be with the mall owner themselves. However if acceptance of Bitcoin in it's direct form wasn't possible then atleast bitcoin could still be spent there indirectly via the ATM once converted to FIAT. Or with our earlier idea of an intergrated debit card network which would allow direct access to bitcoin.

Great suggestion!

Number 3...
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:02:41 AM

(unknown): Major/Minor public universities in U.S.

Why: Every year there are new students entering and exiting schooling all the time. Most college students have credit cards and willing to spend if its "exciting." Every year is another year of exposure to new students. Business around and near college campus tend to caterer to the college students more often than not. If college kids start buying bitcoins, local business have to take notice and could start a small bitcoin economy around campuses. The Bitcoin ATMs must be flashy and Web 2.0 themed when presented.    
Rewap

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:45:54 AM

Mall of America in MN:

Excellent Location! It is clearly a key hotspot in the local area and nation as a whole!

I like the idea about acceptance of Bitcoin across all the outlets within the mall, it would certainly increase exposure! This would be an executive decision for Mall management and possibly with something this big would be with the mall owner themselves. However if acceptance of Bitcoin in it's direct form wasn't possible then atleast bitcoin could still be spent there indirectly via the ATM once converted to FIAT. Or with our earlier idea of an intergrated debit card network which would allow direct access to bitcoin.

Great suggestion!

Number 3...

Why not do this online? Going to the mall and shoving bitcoin knowledge into the mouth of each and every person. Why not fund a bitcoin tutorial video and article and have all bitcoiners share it to everyone. Or do something creative to get the atttention of the people?
freedombit

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:49:34 AM

How about every major international airport in the world?
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:51:41 AM

MBK shopping centre in central bangkok ,thailand

MBK was the largest shopping mall in Asia when it opened in 1985. It is located on land leased from the adjacent Chulalongkorn University
MBK Center, also known as Mahboonkrong (Thai: มาบุญครอง), is a large shopping mall in Bangkok, Thailand.[1][2] At eight stories high, the center contains around 2,000 shops, restaurants and service outlets, including the 4-story Tokyu department store.[2]

The MBK Center management reports daily visitor numbers of more than 100,000, half of whom are young Thai people and a third foreign visitors.[3]

The MBK Center is popular with tourists, although the majority of shoppers are Bangkok residents. Many stores selling authentic merchandise are also available. MBK Center is connected to the Siam Discovery and Siam Paragon shopping mall by elevated walkways, both of which are more upscale and have only authentic goods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBK_Center
remotemass
Legendary

Activity: 1116
Merit: 1016

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 05:04:41 AM

Studiotrap Custom Tattoos
Chatsworth Way.
West Norwood.
London SE27 9DL

Why: Very good location to serve South London area.
Good transport links to Brixton, Elephant & Castle, Croydon, Crystal Palace, Streatham, Balham; etc.
Three train stations nearby. Many buses.
Could attract many people into bitcoin. Friendly people.
They accept many payment systems so maybe would be keen with bitcoin.

Inventor of: "Conic-Upward-Jet-Thrust 𝕊ℙ𝔸ℂ𝔼 𝔼𝕃𝔼𝕍𝔸𝕋𝕆ℝ" ¦¦ Monetize pics of in/out cash (with GPS metatag on and timestamp captions) ¦¦ archive.is/OMUJQ ¦¦ Forking LITECOIN: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5362345 ¦¦ https://twitter.com/CubicPostcode/status/1782131590006477273
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:17:30 PM

Why not do this online? Going to the mall and shoving bitcoin knowledge into the mouth of each and every person. Why not fund a bitcoin tutorial video and article and have all bitcoiners share it to everyone. Or do something creative to get the atttention of the people?

You know it's funny you should say this to me. I'm actually trying to get a website set up as a guide for newcomers, something they can understand easily here: http://makingmoneyhoney.com. It's still a work in progress and I'm not advertising it yet, and I'd appreciate any feedback (from anyone) on things to add, etc. (PM if you don't want to derail the thread) I just wanted something very easy for someone new to Bitcoins and cryptocurrencies to understand, and then I want to put it into a guide that can be printed out, and I've already got a lot done on that. I think if we could get an easy to understand guide out to people that they can read and pass along to others, it might speed up the understanding and acceptance of it. I think if it was a really good guide, one person could show it to a couple of people, and they could show it to a couple of people, etc and really garner some attention to cryptocurrencies.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 02:19:54 PM

Every International airport terminal in the world.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Hufflepuff

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:33:38 PM

Every major airport and every major city.
BitBeauty

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:28:06 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 07:40:38 PM by BitBeauty

Morocco mall, Roll Eyes

http://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morocco_Mall

First of all this is the biggest  Mall in  Africa and the 20th world wide with a surface of  190,000 m2 and 350+ stores and services.
The Mall has a turnover that exceeds €450M and over 15 million visitors a year.
I personally think providing bitcoins ATMs there is a great idea and it will help spreading and introducing Bitcoins to the african nation.

Thanks for the interesting topic .
TheLoser

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:10:08 PM

I saw a map usage somewhere but I can't find it.

Did I win something?

13z4K9wucYu1zbNApVGtnWRjcwvMa1VKnq
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:15:30 PM

where they think Bitcoin ATMs should be located.

Las Vegas.

Las Vegas.

Las Vegas.

And some more in Las Vegas.

And Macau.

Macau.

Macau.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:28:25 PM

I saw a map usage somewhere but I can't find it.

Did I win something?

13z4K9wucYu1zbNApVGtnWRjcwvMa1VKnq

Roll Eyes Epic. Grin

If I had to place ATMs, I'd probably try to partner with hardware / game shops, because they draw in a tech-literate people that are likely to be interested. Another advantage is that it's in-house, so better safety.

Universities are another great place.

I have no specific country or city in mind. I think any city that's reasonably big should do it, if one of the mentioned locations is used.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:00:19 PM

We really do need more bitcoin ATM's in Australia, placing them in locations like 24 hour convenience stores would be a great idea for easy access.
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 11:52:41 PM

We really do need more bitcoin ATM's in Australia, placing them in locations like 24 hour convenience stores would be a great idea for easy access.
And since the Brisbane one got seized..
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 11:54:04 PM

Universities are another great place.

Agreed.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: