Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:41:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1256 times)
AnonymousAnarchist (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 09:05:45 AM

New member here that was introduced to bitcoin by another member. I'm really excited about the potential it offers as a decentralized way of disconnecting from the grid. Why fight the system when you can unplug it totally?

Anyway, I can't wait to get involved!
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gigabytecoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 09:08:05 AM

Glad to see you here!

Welcome!
Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 09:10:47 AM

er... your analogy is a bit... off.. Tongue
you are connecting to the grid to use it... the internet is the grid :p if you unplugged your computer, you couldnt use bitcoin... so... more aptly would be taking over the grid from the people who have mismanaged it Cheesy

ZOMG Moo!
AnonymousAnarchist (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 09:49:27 AM

er... your analogy is a bit... off.. Tongue
you are connecting to the grid to use it... the internet is the grid :p if you unplugged your computer, you couldnt use bitcoin... so... more aptly would be taking over the grid from the people who have mismanaged it Cheesy

Hmm, never had thought of it that way.  But I'm not sure that I see the Internet as the grid. After all, the elite statists haven't quite gotten control over it. On the Internet, we're still largely free and uncontrolled. For now at least. But I do believe that bitcoin could very well help us break the stranglhold the evildoers have on our financial systems. And I'm all for that!

AA
AnonymousAnarchist (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 09:50:15 AM

Glad to see you here!

Welcome!

Thank you! Good to be here!
Rage

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 09:53:30 AM

Hey Anonymous Anarchist,

Just wanted to say welcome to the community! Bitcoin is the way of the future!  Good to have you here.

Rage

Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 10:22:16 AM

the internet is the wildwild west of what is known as the grid in my opinion.. they try to tame it, but the natives are winning :p

ZOMG Moo!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: