Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 06:36:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling btc to minors  (Read 4548 times)
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:23:49 PM

If selling face to face with cash I'd probably ask them to bring a parent or even take a friend with you.
The kid is 15 you don't want them to end up being a weirdo, accusing you of being a pedophile etc.

I second this right here.   You just want to protect yourself, you don't want to get wrapped up in any sort of weird accusations....  You may end up meeting Chris Hansen from "To Catch a Predator"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 07:22:09 PM

I don't see this as a problem at all.  My kids transact in bitcoin all the time... as it should be.  Other kids should too.

fine you sell to children aged 15 years, and if the child had stolen his parents' money to buy bitcoin nah I do not know what will happen, if purchase in bulk Smiley

What about an adult that has stolen a childs' money?

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
TheLoser

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:07:29 PM

It's normal man. It's just a kid buying a 340 commodity like gold and silver that appreciate value overtime.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:12:23 PM

I was certainly dealing with dollars when I was 15 years old. Smiley

It shouldn't make a difference if it were by another currency, as a means of value storage.

With a name like that I'm not sure I would take your advice on how to protect children.

Jybrael

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:17:05 PM

I don't find any problems with selling btc to a kid. But before I do sell him that I will tell him the risks involved and find out if he understands everything about it to a degree before I even make the trade. I was selling and buying different things when I was only 14 years old.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:19:50 PM

I received a message on twitter from some looking to buy BTC.  Not a problem, I told them to PM me.  They tell me they are 15 and can't by coins since the local ATM was seized. 

I have no problem selling BTC, but to a kid seems a bit, well, odd.  Should I tell them Ill meet if they bring a parent along?

Contact your lawyer to discuss the best solution. Generally there shouldn't be a problem if it is a low amount, but this depends on your country. 

findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:39:30 PM

If selling face to face with cash I'd probably ask them to bring a parent or even take a friend with you.
The kid is 15 you don't want them to end up being a weirdo, accusing you of being a pedophile etc.
Wow, what an insane statement.
Like if you sell a 2nd hand video game to a 15 year old it would immediately get you accused of pedophilia.

Damn, once you're an adult you can only have contact with adults anymore!

As long as the law says something isn't illegal to sell, you should not have a problem with it.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:44:01 PM

Is this in the US?  I wouldn't do it -- there were stories of Law Enforcement entrapping people on localbitcoins by buying BTC and saying they were going to do something illegal with it.  It sounds too risky.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:18:15 PM

Financial operation with minors can be tricky as they are not fully covered with all laws. It is not the bad thing to deal with kids but you need to be aware of these things. Better be safe and discuss this trade with kid's legal guardian.
doof (OP)

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 11:56:57 PM

Yeah, I've emailed saying bring a parent along.  Thanks for the advice.  As a dad, don't know if id want my son meeting strangers off the net and handing over cash.
Peegasus

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:59:06 AM

Is this in the US?  I wouldn't do it -- there were stories of Law Enforcement entrapping people on localbitcoins by buying BTC and saying they were going to do something illegal with it.  It sounds too risky.

Will never sell my btc for illegal use. I dont care if I am not from the states.

opossum

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:42:25 AM

I was certainly dealing with dollars when I was 15 years old. Smiley

It shouldn't make a difference if it were by another currency, as a means of value storage.

With a name like that I'm not sure I would take your advice on how to protect children.
LOL good call.

Ignoring his creepy name, I would say there shouldn't be any issue with selling to people who are not of legal age, as there are not any rules against this AFAIK

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

hayabusa911

Activity: 369

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:01:45 AM

Sell him the coin!
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:09:29 AM

I received a message on twitter from some looking to buy BTC.  Not a problem, I told them to PM me.  They tell me they are 15 and can't by coins since the local ATM was seized. 

I have no problem selling BTC, but to a kid seems a bit, well, odd.  Should I tell them Ill meet if they bring a parent along?

I think you should get their parents consent just in case.

Don't want to encourage any 15 year olds to be stealing from their parents or whatever other bad shit 15yr olds get in.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin.
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins every 10 minutes.
Tdowns

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:12:26 AM

I don't see that as a problem. But bringing parents along would be good incase the kid plans to use silkroad with it.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:54:11 PM

Again, to me this does not sound safe.  Local ATM was seized??  I am 15 etc...Just way to many red flags popping out at the start. 

Bring a parent and be safe!
mullerdan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:14:06 PM

I don't think you have to worry about that, you are not responsable, you are here to sell.
Just one advice, verify if he looks serious and sell him discreetly.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 01:18:37 PM

Contact your lawyer to discuss .... 

There is always someone suggesting..."consult your accountant, lawyer, etc.."

If the laws are so complicated that you cannot figure it out yourself the law should be eliminated or revised. We should not have to rely on other people to live our own lives freely.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 09:55:40 PM

Contact your lawyer to discuss ....  

There is always someone suggesting..."consult your accountant, lawyer, etc.."

If the laws are so complicated that you cannot figure it out yourself the law should be eliminated or revised. We should not have to rely on other people to live our own lives freely.

Amen

If someone was going to sell BTC to my child who was under 18. I'd appriciate them asking me first. 

Law or no law.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin.
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins every 10 minutes.
Falcon98

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:03:08 PM

I'm 16 years old myself and I'm buying and selling BTC without any problems at all. I usually do bank transfers to an btc exchange and buy/sell them there. Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: