Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:22:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am in a bit of a dilemma...  (Read 1833 times)
ilovelittleboys (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:20:25 PM

I have about $2000 in the bank and about $1000 in cryptos. I am currently supported by my parents and will probably have close to $3,000 by Jan 2015 but next year, I will need to support myself completely. I can find cheap accommodation for $100 a week which equals about $5000 for 1 year. Then I will need more money for food and electricity and Internet.

What should I do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Watoshi-Dimobuto

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:22:31 PM

You don't have a job or regular income?
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:26:59 PM

I have about $2000 in the bank and about $1000 in cryptos. I am currently supported by my parents and will probably have close to $3,000 by Jan 2015 but next year, I will need to support myself completely. I can find cheap accommodation for $100 a week which equals about $5000 for 1 year. Then I will need more money for food and electricity and Internet.

What should I do?

You haven't specified your education level and skill set. But since you have $1000 invested in crypto, I assume you have decent computer skills. You should probably get a job - full or part time.

And BTW, should have chosen a better username. This one isn't helping.
ilovelittleboys (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:31:46 PM

No, I am helping out with my parents' business which is why I was able to get the money I have now.

I also make about $100 a year from online business stuff (eg domain parking on sedo, adsense, affiliate marketing via clickbank) but this is nowhere enough for me to survive on.

What should I do?

You haven't specified your education level and skill set. But since you have $1000 invested in crypto, I assume you have decent computer skills. You should probably get a job - full or part time.

I have basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, Python, and Java but I don't think anyone would want someone with just "basic knowledge".

Also, I could decide to study next year and live off the $200 that the government will give me per week while I search for better opportunities. But ideally I would like to be self-sufficient.

EDIT: Forgot to add I have a bit of dried foods stored in a storage unit as well. Like oatmeal and milk powder and stuff...
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:40:46 PM

EDIT: Forgot to add I have a bit of dried foods stored in a storage unit as well. Like oatmeal and milk powder and stuff...

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:35:13 PM

Sell your crypto coins, your private life is more important than a few worthless altcoins that will lose their value anyway.

Something is not right here.... You have a bad username  Huh
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:53:25 PM

No, I am helping out with my parents' business which is why I was able to get the money I have now.

I also make about $100 a year from online business stuff (eg domain parking on sedo, adsense, affiliate marketing via clickbank) but this is nowhere enough for me to survive on.

What should I do?

I have basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, Python, and Java but I don't think anyone would want someone with just "basic knowledge".

Also, I could decide to study next year and live off the $200 that the government will give me per week while I search for better opportunities. But ideally I would like to be self-sufficient.

Continue to study programming/coding and you can find a job if you're good enough.
TheLoser

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:33:36 PM

I wouldn't pay that much for little boys cuz people like you gets em for free.
nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:54:47 AM

At night
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dish_pig

During the day

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:48:40 PM

Invest your money in education, learn new skills, connect with the people, search the market and try to find where you fit in.
Check yourself, what I know and how I can contribute to any company, what I have to offer?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:37:03 PM

Sell your crypto coins, your private life is more important than a few worthless altcoins that will lose their value anyway.

I agree, sell your crypto and buy more dried food. For just in case.
Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:49:15 PM

Find a job, even if you find one that helps you pay the rent and food you are fine until you find something better to do and earn more.

Wish you all the best!  Grin

chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:55:15 PM

What should I do?

Look for a job then, and make sure your job's salary is enough to cover your expense and hopefully have a little extra to invest into bitcoin Smiley
jennifer21

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:23:58 PM

Invest your money and stop being cocky in the forum Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
oprahwindfury

Activity: 568
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:42:27 AM

You should use that money and invest in yourself. Investing in yourself would mean learning new skills, getting an education--things that employers look for. You haven't given us much info on your academic standing but from what I can gather you are just graduating high school? If that's the case, focus on school. Learn something you like. Be a bus boy or dishwasher to support yourself and then use the money to re-invest in yourself. Making yourself more marketable to employers is the end-game.

im0rtel

Activity: 351
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:12:57 PM

get yourself a real job and put those money in a bank that gives you some interest on it.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:23:12 PM

get yourself a real job and put those money in a bank that gives you some interest on it.

Yeah....... like 0.000000001% interest LMAO

with $3K you will make a penny in a year lol

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:24:44 PM

You might want to think about the wisdom of having one third of your wealth in crypto currencies. Even bitcoin is not worth a bet that big, but alt coins are exceedingly risky. I think you can write off much of that $1000.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ilovelittleboys (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:08:33 PM

Hi everyone. Thanks for the suggestions.

While it would be nice if I could get a job to make up for the shortfall, I don't have any particularly good skills so it's unlikely that anyone will want to hire me. Sad I have a basic knowledge of science and programming but it would definitely not be enough to start making a living out of it. Ideally I would like to work from home too, so I would think that would limit the possibilities somewhat.

As for the $1000 I have in cryptos, about 1/3 of it is in BTC and the rest is distributed across various cryptos. I also have some NXT assets too. I know this is risky but I guess that's the reason why I'm not 100% invested in them. I'm definitely a hodler so I'll be hodling them until the end, wherever that might be.

I have exactly $2000 in the bank right now and after a few calculations, I think I will probably have $3000-$3500 in the bank by the end of November.

I'd also like to sell some of my old stuff lying around the house which I've been dying to get rid off. I could sell them online and will probably have another $1000. Smiley

So excluding the cryptos, I should have $4000-$4500 in the bank by the beginning of next year.

That should pay for most of the rent for next year (~45 weeks out of the whole year) so rent shouldn't be a problem, but there is still the problem of food (which I've calculated to be around $1000 for 1 year) and power/Internet (another $1000 for 1 year). I suppose my stash of dried foods mitigates the first problem somewhat but I'm not sure how I will cope once it runs out or how I will find the $100 a month or so I will need for power/Internet access.

My goals for next year are to be self-sufficient and stop relying on my parents for support. Ideally I would like to further my programming skills - eventually get into web/software development, and also create passive online income streams via things like blogs, affiliate marketing, adsense, online businesses that require little or no capital, etc.
jaxxx

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

Well fuck you then.

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:05:30 PM

try to see if you can lower anything, that means down grading your internet if you have to, I paid $52.99 for time warner now I`m at $14.99 thats a huge save.

this can be also your cell phone bill, any excessive things that you can think of.

The sad part when I did this change was, I saw no difference in my internet besides maybe pausing a movie to load a bit for 5 mins but thats about it.

Time to jaxxx it up.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: