Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:47:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lethn Escrow 0% fee  (Read 1206 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 01:56:41 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 02:09:48 PM by Lethn

So you guys may have noticed that I'm making a push now to produce more stuff and earn money. One thing I've noticed is a lot of old time users around here offer up free escrow services and I've been wondering while I work on my stuff if I shouldn't do the same since I've been around since 2012. Do you think this is a good idea? Let me know, obviously as I'm just throwing this idea around I just want to try out a few small transactions and see how things go but I figure if I get my trust rating up people would be more inclined to trade with me with the other stuff I have for sale too.

If you're interested in giving me a small transaction to take care of PM me or post in the thread.

I only have one real incident to my name as you'll see from some negative trust I've given out and it turned out the guy was a massive scammer who conned me and others along time ago out of money from BTCJam.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:06:57 PM

So you guys may have noticed that I'm making a push now to produce more stuff and earn money. One thing I've noticed is a lot of old time users around here offer up free escrow services and I've been wondering while I work on my stuff if I shouldn't do the same since I've been around since 2012. Do you think this is a good idea? Let me know, obviously as I'm just throwing this idea around I just want to try out a few small transactions and see how things go but I figure if I get my trust rating up people would be more inclined to trade with me with the other stuff I have for sale too.

If you're interested in giving me a small transaction to take care of PM me or post in the thread.

I only have one real incident to my name as you'll see from some negative trust I've given out and it turned out the guy was a massive scammer who conned me and others along time ago out of money from BTCJam.

"Looking to increase your trust"

Bad motive, people will (should) negative trust you
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 02:09:16 PM

Just curious why so many people want to be an escrow? I have been asked a bunch of times to escrow for folks and always tried to avoid it. To me it seems like it is all fun and games until a dispute happens...then it is a headache! I suppose the more escrows the better though...I would give you a shot on a smaller deal... it would take a while for me to trust you for larger stuff obviously. Anyways good luck!
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 02:09:29 PM

Well balls Sad I guess I'll change that then, looking at what other scammers have done I can see why people would think that. The reason being is because there aren't really other options for users like me beyond basically sending free stuff for a reviewer to look at but that pretty much means I'll end up losing valuable silver in return for the possibility of sales.

This was awhile ago but I already had some twat who tried to scam me out of my Jewellery by sending it to his address so aside from escrowing I'm not that sure about what I can do.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 02:11:11 PM

"Looking to increase your trust"

Bad motive, people will (should) negative trust you

I will have to agree on the building trust part...it does sound kinda shady.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:17:05 PM

I think the forum needs more  trusted  users escrow Wink , good luck for you initiative ! However I would like to suggest you to sign all your " escrow's deal" with your personal PGP key ( It gives a major level of security if your account will be compromised Wink ).

Cheers.
Brooker

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:17:26 PM

Just curious why so many people want to be an escrow? I have been asked a bunch of times to escrow for folks and always tried to avoid it. To me it seems like it is all fun and games until a dispute happens...then it is a headache! I suppose the more escrows the better though...I would give you a shot on a smaller deal... it would take a while for me to trust you for larger stuff obviously. Anyways good luck!

Same. I'm not saying op is a scammer but I never understand why people want to do this for free even just to build feedback as it seems like a major hassle, and of course scammers also try use this as a long con... do a few small trades then run off as soon as they get a decent amount. I'd try build up trust doing other trades, offering escrow definitly isn't the way to do this.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 02:19:41 PM

gah, the spam! Lol! Tongue

As it turns out, I have some cloud hashing power I hadn't thought of this until now but I could probably sell some altcoins or something, I'm just trying to think of ways to get things going, sick of sitting around having nothing happen really.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 03:25:48 AM

Same. I'm not saying op is a scammer but I never understand why people want to do this for free even just to build feedback as it seems like a major hassle, and of course scammers also try use this as a long con... do a few small trades then run off as soon as they get a decent amount. I'd try build up trust doing other trades, offering escrow definitly isn't the way to do this.

I do it for free because I honestly want to help out the community. It pisses me off (escuse my attitude) when i see potential scammers trying to work their magic on other, innocent people.  Without escrows, a lot of trades wouldn't have been successful because no parties would fully trust each other.  With an escrow, its not 100% scam proof, but it'll be a lot harder for any party to scam the other.  Why doesn't the escrow just take the money and run?  some will, and some have. But for me... Firstly, ive spent well over a year building up my reputation, and scamming is just not the way to go IMHO.  Also, I honestly believe in karma... And this action would be morally incorrect and I'll probably regret it for quite sometime!  So yeah, 100% secure escrow Tongue

But in all seriousness, that's why I offer free escrow services.  This community helped me get started and I'm just returning the favour!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: