Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:12:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IS Bitcoin Safe  (Read 5427 times)
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:20:49 PM

Safe as a banknote.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
mullerdan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:35:10 PM

Its definitly safe !  Cool
Darude Sandstorm

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 03:38:19 PM

Safe as a banknote.

What does that mean exactly? Bitcoin as a technology is relatively safe but does have some weaknesses, but your actual bitcoins are only as safe as you are.

tzortz

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:23:45 PM

Yes this.

I mean why dont we make the same question about fiat?

Bitcoin is as safe as fiat.

All is Mine!

MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:20:15 PM

Yes this.

I mean why dont we make the same question about fiat?

Bitcoin is as safe as fiat.

depends though.  my cash in a safe in my house is a lot safer than bitcoins stored on an exchange or 3rd party site.  and using bitcoins can sometimes be tricky, you could copy and paste a wrong address, that wouldn't happend with cash
amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:26:29 PM

Bitcoin is a tool.
Is a hammer safe?

Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme.
Can an investment to a pyramid be safe?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:47:15 PM

Bitcoin is a tool.
Is a hammer safe?

You don't know the definition of a Ponzi scheme. This has been refuted so many times it's ridiculous. Yet, here you people are, still spouting the same old shit.
It's never gona end is it? "Bitcoin is a ponzi" is so 2011. Sadly I think it's just the only kind of financial scam people are aware of, so that's what they say over and over. If they just took 60 seconds to google it they would understand that an open source distributed ponzi is not possible. In a ponzi the CENTRAL AUTHORITY benefits from INVESTMENTS INTO WORTHLESS ASSETS by HIDING the real flow of money.
See what's wrong? There is no central authority, it is not an investment for sale, bitcoin has intrinsic value based on utility, and nothing can be hidden in the code. The only person who got money when you bought bitcoin was the seller. (maybe a few pennies for the miners and a cut for the exchange, if you use one.)

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:34:22 PM

Bitcoin is safe as long as you're careful and cautious about security.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:56:06 PM

But there would be repercussions if caught.  Not so much with bitcoins, even if someone could be "caught"

The IRS has ruled that bitcoin is property, and thus theft of bitcoins is illegal.

my cash in a safe in my house is a lot safer than bitcoins stored on an exchange or 3rd party site.

Invalid comparison. Your bitcoins stored in a paper wallet in your safe are just as safe as your cash.

Buy & Hold
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:25:06 PM

Bitcoin is a tool.
Is a hammer safe?

You don't know the definition of a Ponzi scheme. This has been refuted so many times it's ridiculous. Yet, here you people are, still spouting the same old shit.j
It's never gona end is it? "Bitcoin is a ponzi" is so 2011. Sadly I think it's just the only kind of financial scam people are aware of, so that's what they say over and over. If they just took 60 seconds to google it they would understand that an open source distributed ponzi is not possible. In a ponzi the CENTRAL AUTHORITY benefits from INVESTMENTS INTO WORTHLESS ASSETS by HIDING the real flow of money.
See what's wrong? There is no central authority, it is not an investment for sale, bitcoin has intrinsic value based on utility, and nothing can be hidden in the code. The only person who got money when you bought bitcoin was the seller. (maybe a few pennies for the miners and a cut for the exchange, if you use one.)

They will just modify the definition until it fits their needs. (Moving the goalposts.)

You can't really win an argument with them. I don't know why I bother.

I don't know why you bother either. There is so much information available online about Bitcoin (how it works, how to be safe, where to spend it, where to buy it) that no one needs to come to this forum and ask questions anymore. This forum isn't even on the first page of a Google search for the word Bitcoin now. People saying Ponzi or asking silly questions deserve nothing more than a flip answer and then move along.

tzortz

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:01:47 PM

Exactly this.

With a little research you can have all the answers.

All is Mine!

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:28:05 AM

Bitcoin as idea is safe. But people are trying to corrupt every idea when it can bring them money. So use bitcoin and be aware of scammers. Bitcoin itself can't hurt you. People can.
ruins

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:21:08 AM

not safe at all, news are spreading all around the world, BTC is stolen by some hackers or others
some measure should be taken to ensecure it.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:42:20 AM

Bitcoin is much safer than $$$ in your wallet. It is a great idea that needs time to develop. 5 years of no problem functioning witnesses of it's safety. Companies like Overstock and Paypal incorporating it into their payment options are also showing that is safe.

The only thing where is no safe that is coming to my mind is big volatility that is caused by the damn speculators!!
AviThour

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:44:00 AM

Bitcoin is e-money which depends on you how to use it. There are many scammers around which will try to scam you and get your coins away from you, Make sure you find a legit buyer or seller for the Bitcoins. Welcome to Bitcointalk.
tanaka

Activity: 87

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:05:30 PM

It is safe if you know how to handle it and secure it.

ruins

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 07:07:27 AM

Bitcoin is much safer than $$$ in your wallet. It is a great idea that needs time to develop. 5 years of no problem functioning witnesses of it's safety. Companies like Overstock and Paypal incorporating it into their payment options are also showing that is safe.

The only thing where is no safe that is coming to my mind is big volatility that is caused by the damn speculators!!

oh, yeah?
if there isn't any speculator, do u really think it is safe?even our world is at risk
those hackers will attack its platform and black money laundering, illegal trade etc
all these worse thing will surround our life, do you think it is still safe?
tzortz

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:13:24 AM

I cannot get your point.

All is Mine!

Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 03:21:06 PM

I am biased and thnk it is going to be a game changer. You should do your own home work though. Don't take my word for it.

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
james martin

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 04:15:49 PM

I thought one of the fundamental advantages of cryptocurrencies (including Bitcoin) was that it's impossible to create counterfeit coins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: