Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:59:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TheBitMint - Buy Bitcoins With PayPal (Site Closed)  (Read 28006 times)
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 07:26:02 PM

I got fed up with Paypal a long time ago and switched to Google Checkout for processing payments. I'm much happier now.

I had a Walmart Moneycard hooked up to my paypal account and accidentally charged the temporary card shortly after it expired and they blocked my bank account and put my account under investigation and set it to limited. They asked for a fax of payments I have done with the bank account, which I don't have because its just the bank hooked up to the damn WalmartCard, its all online. I didn't feel like sitting through a few months of bitching with their terrible support.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tittiez

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 07:30:23 PM

Tell your parents you owe lots of people thousands of dollars worth of money, its being held by Paypal because of suspicions, and your under 18 so you shouldn't have an account in the first place. Have them call in, explain the same to the rep, and maybe they can work something out.
Philj

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 07:31:24 PM

so, lets assume the payments get reversed. You now have all that USD in your account. Options (least fees to most fees): check, money order, buy BTC and send, Dwolla, certified check, wire transfer, Western Union.

My preference would be to just get back the BTC that I sent you.

What state/country are you located in?
Philj - you know how this works, you do not have the money, he does not have the money, PayPal has the money.

I was more speaking of when paypal does end up reversing the funds. They can't seize the funds permanently, they can only let them go through or reverse the transactions, at which point something can be done outside of paypal.
redrobin

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 07:34:17 PM

You owe thousands of dollars, I don't think you grasp that concept.
TheBitMan (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 07:35:50 PM

i will respond to everything once i get home again i am killing my data limit right now,paypal is asking me for like 7 different types of info ssn,bussiness info but if there is no bussiness info how do i prove all that to them??
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 07:40:59 PM

You owe thousands of dollars, I don't think you grasp that concept.
i don think you graspt the concept that I DONT HAVE YOUR MONEY paypal HELD it.
Tittiez

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 07:51:17 PM

Paypal doesn't have all the coins i sent you.

No, people that he sold your coins to have your coins.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 08:55:24 PM

I hate to say this, but I told you so...

I need some btc fast through paypal. I have a good rep here and saw your post on someone looking to buy. Can I buy $30.00 worth?
Sorry, but if I traded with you, my Paypal account would get banned for sure. I trust you enough to do this, but you're just far too open with what you're doing, and since you will have sent me funds, Paypal will burn me, too.
Word of advice: quit while you're ahead. It's great that you've lasted this long, but your run is going to be forcefully ended soon by Paypal. You'll also burn everyone you've bought BTC from with Paypal in the process.

That being said...
I cash out checks every now and again. I don't really use my paypal for anything else and I wouldn't loose any money because I earned all my btc then just profited off those few coins..

Hmm....

TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 10:37:34 PM

did you stop the gambling site ?
no it's actually ready but this put that off
rdponticelli

Activity: 325

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 10:39:35 PM

I can't understand why so many people keep using PP

It's the only way to merchant in the states?

Well, people also keeps using windows...
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 10:40:21 PM

omg I forgot why i hate paypal so much.

This is really bad for me.

I was selling GreenBTC's bitcoins to TheBitMan and Using my LLC's Paypal account.

Now My Paypal account is negative balance

I'm going to call my bank and have them close my checking account that was linked to my paypal account.

I'm going to have to try to cancel all item I have sold on ebay but haven't shipped and see if paypal will let me refund a negative balance.

I'm just happy I stopped selling BTC for paypal almost two weeks ago or this could be alot worse.

I think I'm only in a loss of around $1,000 Sad

This seems a bit over the top considering you will most likely simply get the money back once he figures out how to verify.

I hate paypal and don't trust them for anything too easy to do charge backs and steal your money.

As is stands right now my paypal account is negative and because of the temp holds, if the hold aren't reversed they are going to try to withdraw that money from my checking account within 1-2 weeks.
Paypal has already stolen 1K from me today, I'm calling tomorrow first thing and closing my checking account that my paypal is linked too to prevent them from stealing another 1K from me.

I've lost alot of money thru paypal in the past by scammers and fraud and they will go after you for every penny even when the fraud is against you.

Sorry the quote didn't work I meant to say you should hold on I am trying to help everyone get the money back.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 10:52:45 PM

Spoke with paypal again they said I need to show invoices and vendor info??
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 10:56:22 PM

I hate paypal and don't trust them for anything too easy to do charge backs and steal your money.
PayPal is reversible.  No news there.  Everyone knows that.

As is stands right now my paypal account is negative and because of the temp holds, if the hold aren't reversed they are going to try to withdraw that money from my checking account within 1-2 weeks.
Paypal has already stolen 1K from me today, I'm calling tomorrow first thing and closing my checking account that my paypal is linked too to prevent them from stealing another 1K from me.
It would not be another 1K it would be the same 1K.

I've lost alot of money thru paypal in the past by scammers and fraud and they will go after you for every penny even when the fraud is against you.
So true.  But again.  No news there.

Assuming the money goes back to you then your account will no longer be negative.

Assuming the money goes back to TheBitMan and then he pays you, are you then going to send the money in to PayPal?  Or, are you trying to rip them off?

Spoke with paypal again they said I need to show invoices and vendor info??
What happens when you tell them that these were personal payments of money owed?
He said the gifts can be sorted out one I take the limit off my account.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 11:21:31 PM

If I wait the 6 months will paypal just unlimit it?
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 11:39:25 PM

You think people are going to wait 6 months?

You better tell your parents that you screwed up and people are going to start looking to sue them for the fraud that you have done!
This is far from fraud..paypal held the payments and they are asking for things I don't have. Supplier info like I said before, if ssn is all I needed this would be over already.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 11:40:06 PM

Assuming this plan also includes borrowing all the money from somewhere (parents?) and paying everyone back first, then maybe. 

But what made you think that after 6 months PayPal would do this?  Did they say anything that would indicate a 6 month wait would accomplish anything?  Or, is that how long until your 18th birthday?
Doesn't paypal usually unlock an account after 180 days?
redrobin

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 11:58:12 PM

You should really consider another option. Nobody is waiting 180 days. You can't blame everything on paypal, this a big fuck up on your end. This is a sure form of fraud, that's fact. 
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 12:04:03 AM

You should really consider another option. Nobody is waiting 180 days. You can't blame everything on paypal, this a big fuck up on your end. This is a sure form of fraud, that's fact. 
This is as much as my fault is it is yours. Everyone knows this can happen. You were also sending the coins for my site which clearly states "The site also takes no responsibility if money is sent and if my account gets frozen or deleted" Everyone knows the risk of paypal and I am trying my best to help everyone so I would appreciate it if you stopped putting the complete blame on me.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 12:13:28 AM

100% blame on you, you're a teenager who has no ID wtf. That alone constitutes fraud on your end.
there not asking me for id, no one my age has id other than school id and that would only show paypal im under 18
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 12:14:15 AM

talked to paypal once again we all just have to wait they said it's on line to be reviewed. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: