Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:49:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TheBitMint - Buy Bitcoins With PayPal (Site Closed)  (Read 28006 times)
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 01:34:10 AM

OP, you need to give paypal as much info as you can.
On those that you don't have or can't provide, just tell them that.
They will then review with what they gather.
If you are not doing illegal things, they will lift the frozen funds.
I also called them, they said the worse thing that will happen is the money will just go back to where they came from. In this case, back to BitMint.
Then he would have the money to send us via other methods.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBitMan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 01:40:15 AM

OP, you need to give paypal as much info as you can.
On those that you don't have or can't provide, just tell them that.
They will then review with what they gather.
If you are not doing illegal things, they will lift the frozen funds.
I also called them, they said the worse thing that will happen is the money will just go back to where they came from. In this case, back to BitMint.
Then he would have the money to send us via other methods.
Thanks for the info when I called them they said they just have to look over the case they said 24 hours but I think it will take longer than that.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 03:11:07 AM

I never said I wasn't going to pay you guys back. I am waiting for paypals response.
On another note If any of you contact me in anyway other than by this forum, my paypal email or my sites email I will call the police and tell the them you are stalking me.
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 04:31:20 AM

So he fucked up, okay. Give him a few days at least, at least he is trying. He isn't a scammer yet.

Yes he committed fraud, but if he fixes all this then you can all go about your business and this will be over. If nobody does anything rash there is a chance this can be solved in just a few days. Imagine how long court would take you. That won't get you or him anywhere for months.
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 04:37:40 AM

And TheBitMan, I hope you can solve all this. Isn't one of the perks of Bitcoin no age restrictions? Paypal might have been a bad idea on your part though, I must admit. Tongue
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 08:18:34 AM

I never said I wasn't going to pay you guys back. I am waiting for paypals response.
On another note If any of you contact me in anyway other than by this forum, my paypal email or my sites email I will call the police and tell the them you are stalking me.

Are you sure you want to go that way?
The fact is that you owe all this people a LOT of money. Antagonizing any of them is not the right thing to do and only makes you look bad.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 11:50:10 AM

And TheBitMan, I hope you can solve all this. Isn't one of the perks of Bitcoin no age restrictions? Paypal might have been a bad idea on your part though, I must admit. Tongue

Paypal was only a bad idea because he didn't even have a verified account.

And BTW, none of you noticed on the Transaction details that his account was unverified?
It's there, in bold letters (The sender of this payment is U.S. - Unverified), right in front of his email address, so I don't understand all of you acting surprised when he said he was unverified.
Philj

Activity: 388

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 12:04:27 PM

Chill out some. Give the guy at least a couple of business days to get things figured out. Its pretty clear that paypal's system flagged it on the monthly check they do and no one with the power to fix it is even in the office yet. If he stops working towards a resolution, then take whatever action you want. Until then try to be helpful rather than vengeful. Getting police and a lawyer involved will only slow the process down at this point.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 12:20:44 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2012, 12:31:34 PM by psy

redrobin, I'm not defending him. And I'm finding rather disturbing the fact that he doesn't want to get help from his parents. Even more disturbing is what he said about complainting to the police if anyone emailed him  Undecided

What I meant was if I sold some BTC to someone and they paid using Paypal I would certainly not do a 2nd transaction with them as soon as I spotted the Unverified part on the tansaction details as I'm well aware of the limits on payments sent and received imposed on Unverified accounts and also because the name of the person can be completely fake and if they screw me I may not see a single cent back.

And I still can't understand how was it that you were surprised that his account was Unverified when all of you had access to that information. (Re-reading the thread it was BurtW who mentioned not knowing his account was Unverified, but I wasn't mentioning you specifically, redrobin)

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 12:35:45 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2012, 12:11:40 AM by John (johnthedong)

Being unverified doesn't matter. He's not 18 he can't do any business on paypal at all. Read their user agreement. People are suprised he's a child with no ID come on, why are you defedning this kid. He has made no effort at all to repay anyone. Paypal agrees that this is fraud as well. I'm getting the money back through a lawyer -redacted- doesn't seemed concerned with this situation.
Just chill out man. Give the person a chance to sort out things before going the extreme route. Do not forget that he's a minor, and hence getting police/lawyers involved will definitely slow or stop things for both of you. Getting the money back through a lawyer would be the last thing you could do now and filing a suit on a minor isn't the brightest thing you could do. Paypal will not agree that he is pulling a fraud on you as you're on the receiving end of the money, not him. The worse thing Paypal would do is returning the money to him, and he can pay you guys easily back via other methods. Paypal will not 'eat' the money up if he has violated the rules - they're legally obligated to return the money to the source.

TheBitMan, I remember telling you that dealing in Paypal will get you burned when you started your service a couple months ago. Now that the situation has escalated to here, the last bad thing you could do is to become defensive like:

If anything goes wrong on your end (running away, calling the police and telling they're stalking etc), and someone pulls the plug on you by contacting the lawyer/police, this case will leave a black mark on your records indefinitely. You're required to state your previous court cases and so when you're applying for an university and job. So please sit down, relax and sort this trouble out methodologically. BurtW has offered precious advice - ask him politely via PM/post if you meet with any further problems. Be brave, sit down and have a talk with your parents too - they can bail you out quite easily if they would talk to Paypal on your behalf. Use your real ssn, and give any information that would verify your account with them.

And no, I've got a fully verified PayPal account when I was still 15 years old with multiple four digit transactions each month without a hitch - so if you are willing there is no excuses to not verify yourself. I grew up outside the States though, and my local PayPal does not require me to enter a birthday date to verify yourself. Linking to a valid CC and bank account was sufficient.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 01:15:12 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2012, 01:20:59 PM by John (johnthedong)

He's made no effort at all. I've already filed criminal fraud it being over 500$ makes it a felony, feel bad about the felony part but he hasnt even returned a penny. I plan on also suing his mother, through a lawyer. All fraud criminal charges will be pressed against -redacted-. I don't care if he's a minor that really proves the fraud, his mom can pay what he owes.

rebrobin please take this the wrong way.  You are an idiot.  I recommend you return to your mom's basement.

He never committed fraud against you.  He never represented he was 18+.  He never made any materially inaccurate statements.  He did put a disclaimer on the website (the part about being not responsible won't stand btw) so you can't even argue that he mislead you as to the risks.  He made a materially misrepresentation against PayPal not you. The $1000 he owed you isn't material in the filing of criminal charges.  The alleged fraud involve a misrepresentation as to his identity not the transaction involving you (or me).  He bought $1K BTC and paid you with $1K PPUSD.  There was no fraud in that transaction.  Did you ask his age?  Did he lie to you in order to complete the transaction?  If not then there is a criminal fraud and you have no standing for a civil suit.

As far as a lawsuit.  Your posts indicate you have never (not even once in your life) hire legal counsel.  You would spend >$1K he owes you on legal costs before this ever got to courtroom.  Your best timeframe for a judgement would be 6 to 12 months.  No you can't collect anything but ACTUAL DAMAGES.  That would be the amount owed plus interest (i.e. saving account interest rate not pirate's interest).  

Yes -redacted- owes you (and others) money.  Someone owing you money who hasn't instantly paid you isn't fraud.  You have no case.   I honestly hope your weren't so retarded as to file a police report because if you did you all but guaranteed that PayPal will freeze everything involved (likely your own account too) for 6+ months.  The Police will do absolutely nothing just like your "lawyer" won't once you find out he wants $200 to $500 per hour just to start looking into the case and you are looking at 5 to 10 hours before a suit is even filed (plus court costs).

You are a counterproductive troll.  Your actions, rants, and public masturbation won't help the situation.  If anything you will scare the stupid kid into never coming back.  The situation was easily resolved.

a) PayPal allows the tx to stand - Done (doesn't even require them unfreezing his account)
b) PayPal freezes the account for 180 days but he (or parents) repay and he gets the funds after 180 days
c) (worst option prior to you dumbassery).  PayPal freezes the account and he can't/won't pay but we get repaid in 180 days.

however you now introduced
d) He disappears because you scared the shit out of him.  Your Police report and bluff of a lawsuit go nowhere and nobody sees a single cent.
Aptly worded. You're just making the situation worse by scaring away that kid. (Not that I'm that old to call someone kid..)

I'd like to add something between c and d :
C1) PayPal reverts every cent back to his payment source, and he can repay you guys using other methods.
Philj

Activity: 388

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 02:49:38 PM

TheBitMan:  Just totally ignore redrobin.  He has not and will not file a lawsuit.  It is all bluster and bluff.  In fact, I suggest for your own mental well being put him on your ignore list so you do not have to see his idle threats and counter-productive bullshit.  Just stick to the matter at hand.  We all (except one idiot) appreciate your efforts at cleaning up this mess.  Hang in there and we will work this out together.

redrobin:  I have read all 31 of your posts and have come to the conclusion you are an noob idiot.  Welcome to my ignore list.

+1

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2012, 04:01:49 PM

Just remember, any contract with a minor is null and void.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
madberry

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 08:43:54 PM

He reached 200 transactions which puts him in Paypal's spot light.  I believe the many gift transactions might have something to do with it to.

Give BitMint a chance to solve this with paypal.  Paypal can take up to 72 hours to resolve cases.

If he only provides them with SSN then his age will not be an issue.  Unless Paypal by now has been told about his age by him or someone else.

Redrobin I understand you pain and for some of us $800 is a lot of money.  How ever the dumbest thing you did in this post was revealing transaction numbers which are now search able.  Again I can sympathize with you but rethink what you have said above after you have calmed down a bit.

I do applaud bitmint's entrepreneurial mind and this will be a great learning experience for him.   

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2012, 10:35:36 PM

Any advice on responding to paypals dispute?  How are others dealing with it?

TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 10:40:15 PM

Any advice on responding to paypals dispute?  How are others dealing with it?
If they ask say it was just a gift.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 11:59:21 PM

Any advice on responding to paypals dispute?  How are others dealing with it?

Funny...

I have been dealing with you in the last two weeks and my account was not audited.

Yesterday I tried to send you funds and PayPal returned a message indicating that your account is blocked to receive payments.

If you are not 18 years old, how much old are you?

TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 02:55:32 AM

Funny...

I have been dealing with you in the last two weeks and my account was not audited.

Yesterday I tried to send you funds and PayPal returned a message indicating that your account is blocked to receive payments.

its becuase my account it limited i cant send ir recieve money
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 07:54:02 AM

I do applaud bitmint's entrepreneurial mind and this will be a great learning experience for him.
I don't. The only thing I agree with is that he is going to learn that he should really look into why other people aren't also doing something as extremely profitable as this.

Paypal to Bitcoin has really gone downhill. First exchanges took it (fee: close to free?), then CoinPal tried (fee: 7%), then tens of other adults that thought that they could get away with it tried (fee: 10-20%), then finally a child tried (fee: 30%)

I told him to quit. If he had, he'd have actually left the business with plenty of extra money.

augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:24:46 PM

Funny...

its becuase my account it limited i cant send ir recieve money

That is not the answer for what I asked.

I asked how old are you, do you understand that?

I will wait one more time for you answer. If you cannot answer a simple question like that, you should be out of business. People should not trade with a person which cannot disclose his/her age.

Do you understand that? It is nothing personal, it is business.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: