Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2024, 06:57:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Multibit Wallet Problem-Won't Sync or Connect!!  (Read 4882 times)
CafeNoir (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:23:25 AM

So, out of the blue my wallet just stopped connecting or syncing. I have confirmed transactions from the bitchain. The error message I receive reads:

The error was "com.google.bitcoin.store.BlockStoreException Corrupted block store: could not find chain head: XXXXXXXX

I'm not the best with computers, but have done countless transactions with my Multibit wallet and never had this issue. I've searched dozens of other threads on this, but have yet to find an answer to fix my problem. Currently running Windows 7. I disabled java and re-downloaded it, even uninstalled Multibit and re-downloaded it. Any ideas what would cause this problem, and how it can be rectified?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 12:02:12 PM

Have a read of the support note:
https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_support_blockStoreException.html

which should fix it

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
CafeNoir (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:25:30 PM

I am not techno-saavy at all, and even with the Multibit help guide i'm still at a loss as to what exactly to do.

First step is to navigate to the multibit installation directory, but how do I do this? I'm running the newest version of Multibit on Windows 7. The only file I can find is the actual file that opens my bitcoin wallet.

Once I get to my multbit installation directory i'm to delete the file multibit.spvchain. Sounds simple enough, but it all comes down to the fact that I have no idea how to actually get to my multibit installation directory in the first place! I can't even find AppSupport to begin looking for the directory.

I know these are all very remedial issues, but I love using my Multibit wallet and enjoy it's simplicity. I want it back! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
El Emperador

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:09:26 PM

Do you use a proxy?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████