Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:58:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] REBATE official thread  (Read 14285 times)
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 09:01:39 AM

I have been playing a bit and have some suggestions and an observation:

The math calculations in general need work.  They are very buggy and sometimes wrong.  The interface has bugs which cause the amount of the bid to be incorrect.  Just have the developer actually play the game for a while and they will notice several glaring errors.  +1 on a window with the last few auction results in it, I cannot tell when I win or lose and I would like to see the results of the last few auctions in a rolling window and also know which ones I actually won.  Right now I have to write down my account balance and then check to see if it went up or down after each round in order to see if I won or lost.  This is all very tedious and makes the game not worth playing.  Please impove the whole playing experience as soon as you can.

Good for profits:  several time I have been bidding and noticed that the bid had gone over the amount of gain.  In otherwords, people were bidding more than the payout!  This did not happen just once but many times.

All these people are just "donating" their BTC to the site.  Hmmmm.  I may have to look into buying stock in this company since all these donations are going to end up as dividends!  Wink

I agree with  these comments.  I think people bid more than the available profit  because its not clear that the bid is added on to the minimum cost of the bid ( the "FOR" cost). I imagine after one or two times everyone will understand... or they just will continue losing.   
Hopefully there will be bigger things to bid on.. playing for 0.0062 btc loses its charm very fast

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 02:34:38 PM

The site hanged a couple of hours ago and isn't processing withdrawals. Is it just me?
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 02:37:45 PM

The site hanged a couple of hours ago and isn't processing withdrawals. Is it just me?

Withdraws are done manually at this moment, automatic withdraws will be added soon
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 04:47:45 PM

My balance is not changing whether I win or lose?
Hm that sounds very weird, could you please describe your problem further?
Have you tried reloading and logging in and out?
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:01:29 PM

The game on the website is down for a couple of hours due to a small big that was found, It's currently being fixed after that the game will keep going as regular Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:02:04 PM

I might also add that the Site is running positive and that we soon will start paying dividends. Cheesy
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 11:34:17 AM

The site is up now again, unfortunately the bug caused some miscalculations. Hence we have reset everyones account to the initial deposit amount. If you have any winning/earning you want back, then contact me and we will go through your history manually and add it to the correct amount Smiley
For all you people with a lose, congratulation you got some more coins to play for, as a gift for the time the site was down.
If there's any questions or concerns please notify me and I will do my best to answer them.
//DeaDTerra
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 11:37:24 AM

The site is up now again, unfortunately the bug caused some miscalculations. Hence we have reset everyones account to the initial deposit amount. If you have any winning/earning you want back, then contact me and we will go through your history manually and add it to the correct amount Smiley
For all you people with a lose, congratulation you got some more coins to play for, as a gift for the time the site was down.
If there's any questions or concerns please notify me and I will do my best to answer them.
//DeaDTerra

Just now my balance was changing without me even doing anything. Wen from just a touch under 5BTC to 5 and a bit when I won an auction. I looked at something else, came back and it was up to 5.5ish BTC, then back down to 4.7ish, and just now back up to 5.05ish again. Something clearly isn't right Smiley

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 11:39:04 AM

//DeaDTerra

Just now my balance was changing without me even doing anything. Wen from just a touch under 5BTC to 5 and a bit when I won an auction. I looked at something else, came back and it was up to 5.5ish BTC, then back down to 4.7ish, and just now back up to 5.05ish again. Something clearly isn't right Smiley
Yea sorry about that, we are currently working on reseting it to initial balance Smiley
It should be fixed soon.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 02:07:23 PM

I have been playing a bit and have some suggestions and an observation:

The math calculations in general need work.  They are very buggy and sometimes wrong.  The interface has bugs which cause the amount of the bid to be incorrect.  Just have the developer actually play the game for a while and they will notice several glaring errors

Told you so Wink
Yep Tongue They should be fixed now though Wink
//DeaDTerra
cst

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

The Cosmos doesn't care about you.

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:31:45 PM

Why does registration require real name? This kind of puts me off :p
runlinux

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 04:23:17 PM

I can't bid... Keeps telling me not enough balance... Sad

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:23:55 PM

I can't bid... Keeps telling me not enough balance... Sad
To bid you need a minimum of The "For" amount plus the bid Smiley
//DeaDTerra
runlinux

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 04:25:56 PM

doh! ok...

Can't withdraw coins... Sad

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:53:09 PM

doh! ok...

Apparently withdrawals are processed once a day. If your account balance stays intact that is. Hopefully they will, from now on?

By the way, I made a deposit 7 confirmations ago which still didn't show up in my account.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:58:20 PM

doh! ok...

Apparently withdrawals are processed once a day. If your account balance stays intact that is. Hopefully they will, from now on?

By the way, I made a deposit 7 confirmations ago which still didn't show up in my account.

Withdraws are currently being processed manually, It should be send out shortly.
That sounds weird, let me check that for you Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:01:35 PM

doh! ok...

Please Pm me your email so we can investigate further.
//DeaDTerra
runlinux

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 05:10:09 PM

I hit the withdraw button and it just doesn't do anything. Coins received. It is all good now.

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:11:20 PM

I hit the withdraw button and it just doesn't do anything. Coins received. It is all good now.
As I said it processed manually Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:22:41 PM

Why does registration require real name? This kind of puts me off :p
After the feedback from the community we have decided to remove this
You only need username,email and password now to sign up Smiley