Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:57:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] REBATE official thread  (Read 14285 times)
exahash

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:42:15 PM

I have been playing a bit and have some suggestions and an observation:

The math calculations in general need work.  They are very buggy and sometimes wrong.  The interface has bugs which cause the amount of the bid to be incorrect.  Just have the developer actually play the game for a while and they will notice several glaring errors

Told you so Wink
Yep Tongue They should be fixed now though Wink
//DeaDTerra

Were the math errors introduced by the same programmer who was offering a 3%/week bond?  And was he the one to fix the bug(s)? 

I don't want to smear him, but it kinda goes to credibility.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:47:00 PM

Please Pm me your email so we can investigate further.

Already e-mailed support about this.

Why does registration require real name? This kind of puts me off :p
After the feedback from the community we have decided to remove this
You only need username,email and password now to sign up Smiley

I wanted to try depositing to a fresh account but I'm unable to create one through http://bitcoinrebate.com/signup ; the signup button doesn't respond and I don't get an e-mail confirmation. Browser info:

Code:
Chromium	19.0.1084.46 (Developer Build 0)
OS Linux
WebKit 536.5 (Unknown URL@0)
JavaScript V8 3.9.24.21
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:54:58 PM

The math calculations in general need work.  They are very buggy and sometimes wrong.  The interface has bugs which cause the amount of the bid to be incorrect.  Just have the developer actually play the game for a while and they will notice several glaring errors

Told you so Wink
//DeaDTerra

Were the math errors introduced by the same programmer who was offering a 3%/week bond?  And was he the one to fix the bug(s)? 

The same coders is developing Rebate and BitDayTrade yes Smiley
He managed to fix the bug yes.
He's currently put that IPO on hold due to that he's working on Rebate which is taking up his time, I am sure he will return to the IPO and launch it once he's done with Rebate.
//DeaDTerra
bitdaytrade

Activity: 287

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 12:06:15 AM

Told you so Wink
//DeaDTerra

Sorry for disappointing you but i'm trying my best to make everything working properly. I don't understand your point about credibility though.
bitdaytrade

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 12:07:08 AM

Please Pm me your email so we can investigate further.

Already e-mailed support about this.

Why does registration require real name? This kind of puts me off :p
After the feedback from the community we have decided to remove this
You only need username,email and password now to sign up Smiley

I wanted to try depositing to a fresh account but I'm unable to create one through http://bitcoinrebate.com/signup ; the signup button doesn't respond and I don't get an e-mail confirmation. Browser info:

Code:
Chromium	19.0.1084.46 (Developer Build 0)
OS Linux
WebKit 536.5 (Unknown URL@0)
JavaScript V8 3.9.24.21

Signup form working now, sorry for your issues.
memvola

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 01:36:08 AM

I don't think it does.

Also, there are good deals going on and no one is bidding, so I'm assuming others are having problems as well. I'm also having problems with balances suddenly turning negative and deposits not showing. PM me if you need a more detailed report, though these were submitted to your contact e-mail as well.
bitdaytrade

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 02:01:48 AM

I don't think it does.

Also, there are good deals going on and no one is bidding, so I'm assuming others are having problems as well. I'm also having problems with balances suddenly turning negative and deposits not showing. PM me if you need a more detailed report, though these were submitted to your contact e-mail as well.

please refresh your browser cache and try again. All the other issues will be addressed tomorrow morning with the highest priority, i'm off for today.
exahash

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 02:57:15 AM

Sorry for disappointing you but i'm trying my best to make everything working properly. I don't understand your point about credibility though.

You're not disappointing me, rather the opposite.  I was asking because I'd view you as more credible if you're willing to stick around and correct a mistake, rather than dump the code on the guys running rebate and leave it up to them to get any bugs fixed by someone else.

dollartrader

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:25:58 AM

I'm not seeing any bids nor are deposits going through (6+ confirms)
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:52:14 AM

The history page would be much more useful if it showed the auctions you won on the same page as your bids.

It would also be nice to see what the winning bid was. I've had multiple times where my screen is showing me as the highest bidder when the clock strikes 0, but I don't win the auction.

ColdHardMetal

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:53:28 AM

I do like the fact the amounts are more significant now.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 04:48:05 AM

might i suggest tiers for bitcoins?
memvola

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 05:23:25 AM

I'm not seeing any bids nor are deposits going through (6+ confirms)

That happened to me with my old account as well. I managed to open a new one and deposits worked this time. I guess no one is bidding because:

I've had multiple times where my screen is showing me as the highest bidder when the clock strikes 0, but I don't win the auction.

Well, at least as of now, a popup appears saying "you won", and nothing goes to my balance. Of course the bid amount is reduced. Tongue I'm pretty sure there is nobody else bidding in the same auctions, and all auctions I don't enter end with a highest bid of 0.

Will have to wait till these issues get fixed, I have 10 coins in there and I don't want to lose them.
ColdHardMetal

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 05:32:19 AM

might i suggest tiers for bitcoins?

This make sense.

Also, now it's telling me I don't have enough balance to place a 0.0001 bid, while showing my balance as being 4.xx BTC.

memvola

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 05:39:37 AM

Also, now it's telling me I don't have enough balance to place a 0.0001 bid, while showing my balance as being 4.xx BTC.

Balance has to be greater than "Available" + bid.
ColdHardMetal

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 06:09:49 AM

Balance has to be greater than "Available" + bid.

Ah ok. Took me minute to understand what that meant lol. I wonder why it needs to be like that.

Hmmm. Kind of forcing people to hold higher balances since they've bumped up the scale of the offers.

ColdHardMetal

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 06:14:12 AM

Well, at least as of now, a popup appears saying "you won", and nothing goes to my balance. Of course the bid amount is reduced. Tongue I'm pretty sure there is nobody else bidding in the same auctions, and all auctions I don't enter end with a highest bid of 0.

And now this. Nothing appear in my  "Win" history either, despite it having told me I won.

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 09:18:49 AM

It seems like yesterdays bug hunt has created some more bugs xD ironically, I will report all of them to the developer and he will fix them asap, hopefully in an hour or two all of them should be fixed Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 12:38:08 PM

I have developed millions of lines of code in my day so I do know what I am talking about.  This is one of the sloppiest operations I have ever seen.  Are all of your projects going to be this bad?  Do you guys even test the software at all before you release it?  These bugs are glaringly obvious.  I could maybe understand if bugs being reported were subtle - these are not.  As I have said before all the developer has to do is play the game for a few rounds to fill their bug list with enough bugs to keep them busy for a week.

As a major stockholder I am very disappointed and concerned.

Fix all the bugs in the queue and then test the software and then release it.

There are some bugs that did not show up in our testing environment that we have been working on, we are now closing down the site meanwhile we are working on the bugs. Once the bugs are fixed it will be up again, sorry for this inconvenience.
//DeaDTerra
exahash

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:16:11 PM

There are some bugs that did not show up in our testing environment that we have been working on, we are now closing down the site meanwhile we are working on the bugs. Once the bugs are fixed it will be up again, sorry for this inconvenience.
//DeaDTerra

The site was up, so I signed up, added some coin, and started bidding (around 11 am Eastern).  The first auction I tried #4843610 I bid near the end and it never told me I was outbid, nor that I won or lost.  The second auction #8083224 it popped up in the lower right that I was the winner, but my balance did not go up and I get nothing when I go to history -> Won auctions.

I'm posting this here because you have no support/contact us link on the site.

I have to concur with BurtW (as a developer, shareholder, and user).  I've worked on tons of sites in my day too. For something so basic I would never open it to the public without getting the core functionality 100%.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: