Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:07:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] REBATE official thread  (Read 14271 times)
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 06:39:51 PM

This is one of the sloppiest operations I have ever seen.

This is an understatement.

As a major stockholder I am very disappointed and concerned.

+1, unfortunately.

The site was up, so I signed up, added some coin, and started bidding (around 11 am Eastern).  The first auction I tried #4843610 I bid near the end and it never told me I was outbid, nor that I won or lost.  The second auction #8083224 it popped up in the lower right that I was the winner, but my balance did not go up and I get nothing when I go to history -> Won auctions.

I'm posting this here because you have no support/contact us link on the site.

This has been reported many times to this thread, and god knows how many times to the contact link which only shows when you are logged out. At this point, the site's only function is stealing your bid money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitdaytrade

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 01:41:27 PM

Apologizes for long delay. Deposit and bidding mechanism fixed, site's back to functionality.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 04:15:23 PM

We are now fully functional, up and running again Cheesy
//DeaDTerra
exahash

Activity: 278

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 06:39:42 PM

//DeaDTerra

My balance (9 btc) disappeared, even though there are no withdrawals in the history.

The "time left" does not seem to keep accurate time.  I've seen it go down one second, wait 12 real seconds, then go down two seconds.  Or some variation on that, wherein it waits many seconds, then jumps down only two or three seconds in one change.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 06:45:52 PM

//DeaDTerra

My balance (9 btc) disappeared, even though there are no withdrawals in the history.

The "time left" does not seem to keep accurate time.  I've seen it go down one second, wait 12 real seconds, then go down two seconds.  Or some variation on that, wherein it waits many seconds, then jumps down only two or three seconds in one change.

same here  no coins in balance once again

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
bitdaytrade

Activity: 287

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 01:01:25 AM

Apologizes again, the bitcoin wallet had crashed and went unnoticed. we rely on it for transaction history. Everything is running smoothly now.
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 10:43:10 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2012, 10:59:48 AM by farfiman

Another what seems to be a bug. After a bid and a new round starts the bid total from previous rounds stays in box and seems to auto-bid ( without pushing the BID button!). I saw my balance go down without doing anything while I was looking the wrong way....  It seems to me the bid should be zeroed after the  round is over

edit:  not sure its auto-bidding   - maybe the balance is being update not right away and I'm seeing it update after a few rounds...  will follow it

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 11:39:37 AM

edit:  not sure its auto-bidding   - maybe the balance is being update not right away and I'm seeing it update after a few rounds...  will follow it

Yes, the balance update is irregular, but I don't think there is auto-bidding.

Since everything's working again, I bought some more shares. Please don't forget to sell into my bids too. Wink
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 11:47:44 AM

edit:  not sure its auto-bidding   - maybe the balance is being update not right away and I'm seeing it update after a few rounds...  will follow it

Yes, the balance update is irregular, but I don't think there is auto-bidding.

Since everything's working again, I bought some more shares. Please don't forget to sell into my bids too. Wink

Ill keep my shares for now.. Smiley

-what is needed is an auction # and site time on the main page to correlate with the history page...

Martin Armstrong
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 12:05:00 PM

All the bugs should be fix again, we are going to wait 24 hours, if there's no more bugs found then we will take it out of Beta and start advertising it as well as ramping up the winnings slightly Smiley
//DeaDTerra
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 12:09:09 PM

one more small bug.....  at beginning of new round the  " EARN: xxxxx " doesnt reset unless you push the reset button...

Martin Armstrong
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 12:09:47 PM

Im keeping my shares.

I like that you are actively fixing things and not palming your customers off  Smiley

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 12:13:47 PM

Im keeping my shares.

I like that you are actively fixing things and not palming your customers off  Smiley
I am doing my best to take the feedback we get and make the site better Smiley
Once all the bugs are gone we can launch it for real.
Sorry for the massive delay on this project, wasn't the intention from the start so I understand the frustration of some of the share holder.
//DeaDTerra
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:34:23 PM

any idea yet when the divs will start to come in?

thnx

Martin Armstrong
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 07:01:17 PM

anything new and exciting happening?  would someone who's running this asset please be kind and post dividend payment schedule.  thank you
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 07:11:56 PM

anything new and exciting at all happening?  would someone who's running this asset please be kind and post dividend payment schedule.  thank you

Martin Armstrong
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 07:14:24 PM

anything new and exciting at all happening?  would someone who's running this asset please be kind and post dividend payment schedule.  thank you
It's in the contract and IPO information Smiley
"When will the profits be paid out?
Dividends will be paid to preferred shares on the 1st of every month. In the case that the dividend can not be paid out, the profits will be saved and paid out on the following payment date."
We are currently working on a marketing campaign to bring in more players, as well as creating tiers for low,mid and high amounts of bitcoins ( the amount of Bitcoins sold in each auction), so that everyone can participate Smiley
//DeaDTerra
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 03:51:12 AM

Thnx, that wasn't so hard Smiley

I guess we just like  to get an update now and then without having to beg for one.....

Martin Armstrong
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 08:57:52 AM

Thnx, that wasn't so hard Smiley

I guess we just like  to get an update now and then without having to beg for one.....
haha, I just don't like repeating myself, so instead of posting something again and calling it news I just let the old posts speak for them self Tongue
But sure I will try to post more regularly Smiley
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 02:51:12 AM

Am I missing something here?  Can someone explain this to me?

I have been watching the site for a while and during the time I watched it every winning bid is above the earnings amount of the transaction.  A typical example:

Code:
Available 0.22230000 BTC
For       0.22022083 BTC
          0.94%
Earnings  0.00207917 BTC

Highest Bid : 0.00467815

So from what I can gather, in this case the highest bidder, the so called "winner" of the auction, just paid 0.00467815 BTC for a gain of 0.00207917 Huh

This is a net loss to the winner of the auction, right?  All of the other bidders also lost their bids too.

I guess I may have underestimated the earning potential of this site.  With everyone just throwing their money at the site I may have to go buy some stock.

Yes all the losing bidders lose their bid amount. Its how penny auctions work   Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: