Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:04:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] REBATE official thread  (Read 14285 times)
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:42:50 AM

Jonathan Ryan Owens
Last Active:   August 16, 2012, 07:10:39 PM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=22299

I think no
Nope, JRO has gone off the grid so to speak. Last time I spoke to him was several weeks ago.
Kluge talked to him though (phone call)and it seems like he's working hard to repay his debts.
//DeaDTerra

I read that Kluge wrote off the debt and had no hope for JRO paying. Might want to check it, but time for scammers tag?
Okay, I haven't talked to Kluge, I just said what I remember reading.
Well in that case, a scam tag would probably be appropriate as he doesn't seem to have any intention of paying back.
//DeaDTerra

All these scammer tags don't mean a damn thing. JRO will probably not be in these forums ever again so whats the point.
Oh well, seems diversifying investments doesn't help much in bitcoin world.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:45:27 AM

I read that Kluge wrote off the debt and had no hope for JRO paying. Might want to check it, but time for scammers tag?
Well in that case, a scam tag would probably be appropriate as he doesn't seem to have any intention of paying back.
//DeaDTerra

That's unacceptable. Can someone PM me his contact information? I'll distribute it to other shareholders on demand.

Suddenly shareholders unions make sense. Maybe GLBSE should support private boards for each asset that only shareholders can read/write.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:52:25 AM

//DeaDTerra

That's unacceptable. Can someone PM me his contact information? I'll distribute it to other shareholders on demand.

Suddenly shareholders unions make sense. Maybe GLBSE should support private boards for each asset that only shareholders can read/write.

very nice idea.
but i think it shouldn't be on glbse directly. a complete seperate forum would fit better (but how to proof you are only a share holder - just dont know)
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 09:01:55 AM

//DeaDTerra

+1

Im sick of being screwed by asset issuers and its getting beyond a joke.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 09:43:24 AM

I have been watching the securities and loans sections of the forum for quite a while now and am wondering if any of the measures I have been developing for my Open Transactions server would be applicable/useful.

I initially liked the underwriter suggestion, however that has not elicited a lot of enthusiasm, and the last post to its thread even claims it is impossible or maybe they mean inappropriate.

For actual saleable stuff, objects and such that can be liquidated, the concept of "assessors who mean it" seems to have merit. Basically this involves not mere handwaving assessors who look over a Corp's tools machinery furniture retail locations brand awareness in its market and so on and come up with a guess as to how much they could liquidate it for but, rather, actual bids, in effect; firm offers "I will buy that stuff outright for this much if you want to liquidate it".

By having such an assessment of a Corp, I can be fairly confident in the "misc assets" number I plug in along with all the electronic assets on my exchange (server) that the Corp owns to arrive at the "current actual value per share" figures I post at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 11:19:41 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2012, 12:29:49 PM by Kluge

I'm drafting up a demand letter for JRO. I originally set September 10th as the date I'd start moving forward with legal action, but have been unreasonably busy (and a bit soft). Because our agreement not directly related to REBATE or Zip.A, nobody else will be invited to my letter-writing party. Fwiw.

ETA: OTOH, if ZIP.A & REBATE investors would be interested in having me deliver their demand letters (breech of contract notifications), I could hand-deliver them to JRO. But, I live in MI, and can't afford the flight (train's just as expensive) with how tight money is for me while I pay back all my depositors out-of-pocket given JRO makes up the majority of my defaults, now. I'd be willing to cover half the round-trip flight cost if others'd be willing to do the other half. I'd deliver the notices, and have JRO sign that he's received them, which should hold up in court. Alternately, I'm trying to find someone who lives in SFO who could do the same. Not trying to push anything - just throwing the offer out there.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 11:36:36 AM

I have been watching the securities and loans sections of the forum for quite a while now and am wondering if any of the measures I have been developing for my Open Transactions server would be applicable/useful.

I initially liked the underwriter suggestion, however that has not elicited a lot of enthusiasm, and the last post to its thread even claims it is impossible or maybe they mean inappropriate.

For actual saleable stuff, objects and such that can be liquidated, the concept of "assessors who mean it" seems to have merit. Basically this involves not mere handwaving assessors who look over a Corp's tools machinery furniture retail locations brand awareness in its market and so on and come up with a guess as to how much they could liquidate it for but, rather, actual bids, in effect; firm offers "I will buy that stuff outright for this much if you want to liquidate it".

By having such an assessment of a Corp, I can be fairly confident in the "misc assets" number I plug in along with all the electronic assets on my exchange (server) that the Corp owns to arrive at the "current actual value per share" figures I post at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

-MarkM-

That doesnt help when the issuer is a douchebag and does the wrong thing.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 06:33:46 AM

I'm drafting up a demand letter for JRO. I originally set September 10th as the date I'd start moving forward with legal action, but have been unreasonably busy (and a bit soft). Because our agreement not directly related to REBATE or Zip.A, nobody else will be invited to my letter-writing party. Fwiw.

ETA: OTOH, if ZIP.A & REBATE investors would be interested in having me deliver their demand letters (breech of contract notifications), I could hand-deliver them to JRO. But, I live in MI, and can't afford the flight (train's just as expensive) with how tight money is for me while I pay back all my depositors out-of-pocket given JRO makes up the majority of my defaults, now. I'd be willing to cover half the round-trip flight cost if others'd be willing to do the other half. I'd deliver the notices, and have JRO sign that he's received them, which should hold up in court. Alternately, I'm trying to find someone who lives in SFO who could do the same. Not trying to push anything - just throwing the offer out there.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110507.0  I have asked for a scammer tag for JRO untill he sorts things out. No one should ever do business with him again.

memvola

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 09:04:25 AM

Ah, sorry I missed that. Are you still planning to go? Don't know why but GLBSE has changed the status of REBATE and I can't see the details, but I think there are enough shareholders; we can gather the money if everyone chipped in.

Keep us posted either way. Thanks.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 09:08:30 AM

any news on this scammer?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 12:20:41 PM

any news on this scammer?

Who, Kludge or Nefario?

Not that it matters, anyway.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
memvola

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 11:43:37 AM

I see that BDT is on the list published by Nefario, but REBATE isn't. I wonder why.

DeaDTerra, are you still around? I'm glad that you made the right decision by stepping away from BDT, but I'm hoping you will step up and work on the REBATE situation, like Meni is doing with BDT.
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 03:48:25 PM

So JRO logged in on 16th of august and posted this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101098.0

and hasn't logged in again.  Is there any developments with this?

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
SNS

Activity: 516
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 04:37:00 PM

I don't understand, why this man still don't have scam tag?
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 04:44:45 PM

I have not been in contact with JRO for months and he's no longer responding to my messages or calls.
He still lives in San Francisco and GoWest went there to see him and he is currently working on a couple of projects, he says he still plans to repay all the investors whenever he can.
//DeaDTerra
Lucidize

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 05:07:22 PM

I'm owed just a couple of btc from this scam, likelihood of receiving it? Next to zero  Sad

farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:19:27 AM

I'm owed just a couple of btc from this scam, likelihood of receiving it? Next to zero  Sad

Thanks for responding. So are the chances more than getting something from pirate? Wink
If and when this happens- with GLBSE dead how will he know who and how much?

Martin Armstrong
memvola

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:01:11 PM

I'm owed just a couple of btc from this scam, likelihood of receiving it? Next to zero  Sad

Thanks for responding. So are the chances more than getting something from pirate? Wink
If and when this happens- with GLBSE dead how will he know who and how much?

I'm owed around a hundred coins in theory.

The problem isn't only GLBSE's death, but also REBATE being frozen before GLBSE's death. AFAIK the list was never sent to Jonathan in the first place. Even if he received the list somehow, James didn't make it public, so he can plausibly deny having it anyway. The fact that Nefario's measures against "scammers" made it much easier for people to get away with our money is very depressing.

At this point we are even more dependent on JRO's conscience. There is a chance that he has one. There are some borrowers who paid me back with their own money or got a job to make the money to pay back, even though they were scammed themselves. Others just disappeared on the first sight of trouble, even though they were supposed to just keep the money (as opposed to investing).

Besides hoping that Jonathan does value honor, I don't see any way out other than spending tens of thousands (of whatever currency) on an all-out international legal attack that is likely to fail, or personally confront these people which has an equal likelihood of failing.
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 05:12:47 PM

JRO's conscience is great but theoretically even if he had the want and means to pay how could he?
Zip.a and rebate were frozen but the records have to be somewhere.   

Also I imagine it would never pay BTC with this value but it's worth when it all collapsed....

Martin Armstrong
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: