Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:30:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be that guy  (Read 4849 times)
MrBig

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:05:10 PM

I'm the guy who buyed @ 1000 and then whatched his money slowly decreasing till now, and didn't sold.

I will not sell when it will reach 1000 again, and will not @ 10000. I will not sell when it will " crash"  back again to 3000.

When I will be billionaire, I will be more epic than " that guy"   Smiley

Do you actually believe in the nonsense you wrote?
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:10:55 PM

What is it to you? Do you say the same to those who bought at 30 dollars in 2011?
pitaluga

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:15:32 PM

the number of dreamers here!
https://i.imgflip.com/1bik.jpg
MrBig

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:19:24 PM

What is it to you? Do you say the same to those who bought at 30 dollars in 2011?

Very well then. I'm sorry. Carry on with your billionaire fantasies.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:22:05 PM

There you go again. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
MrBig

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:32:47 PM

So how long should I hodl my btc until I become a billionaire?

It's ironic how someone who brings logic to the debate is dismissed as a troll by your likes, yet the one who spouts delusion is defended and justified, all because of greed.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:40:12 PM

It's ironic how someone who brings logic to the debate is dismissed as a troll by your likes, yet the one who spouts delusion is defended and justified, all because of greed.

If by logic you mean accusing him of being a liar and talking nonsense then right you are, Spock.  

Someone with the username 'MrBig' accusing random people of having 'billionaire fantasies' on a forum chock full of millionaires probably shouldn't throw the word irony around too much.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:41:05 PM

Depends on how many one has...

It could happen to people with 4 digits amount in maybe 20-25 years

Do you think it's impossible for someone to become a billionaire holding BTC?

Satoshi was a billionaire for a couple of days !

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:04:36 PM

I'm the guy who buyed @ 1000 and then whatched his money slowly decreasing till now, and didn't sold.

I will not sell when it will reach 1000 again, and will not @ 10000. I will not sell when it will " crash"  back again to 3000.

When I will be billionaire, I will be more epic than " that guy"   Smiley

You're pretty broke now, huh bro?  Ask me how I guessed Smiley
That Guy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:11:09 PM

I believe OP is referring to me. I will share my words of wisdom and help you all become rich by following my easy 3 step program.

1. It does not matter if you buy or sell, just as long as you do it in a panic.

2. Invest in lottery tickets.

3. Buy Coinye Coin, it is soon to replace all currency/fiat and has been estimated by professionals to be a 100+ trillion dollar market by 2015. Richness is *GUARANTEED.

*Warning, this is not a guarantee.

"Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep." -That Guy
MrBig

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:13:46 PM

If by logic you mean accusing him of being a liar and talking nonsense then right you are, Spock.  

Someone with the username 'MrBig' accusing random people of having 'billionaire fantasies' on a forum chock full of millionaires probably shouldn't throw the word irony around too much.

Firstly I didn't call him a liar, but rather, asked him a question. Secondly, my username, which I happened to choose from a candybar wrapper that happened to be in front of me when I made this account, has no bearing whatsoever on this discussion. Thirdly, my irony statement was referring to the double standards of certain bitsheep and has nothing to do with millionaires on this forum.

Depends on how many one has...

It could happen to people with 4 digits amount in maybe 20-25 years

Do you think it's impossible for someone to become a billionaire holding BTC?

Satoshi was a billionaire for a couple of days !

Satoshi is said to have over 1 million btc, he's not your average btc holder. Either way, most people buying a few btc and expecting to become billionaires are delusional. People buying 1000 btc and expecting to become billionaires are delusional too. People buying btc without expectations and considering it a risk that may or may not pay off are thinking rationally.

I don't care about the price of btc in 25 years. Technological innovation happens fast, and it's only a matter of time before btc is dethroned by one or more superior cryptos.
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:33:03 PM

anyone who thinks bitcoin has already hit its full potential is delusional.
the market for bitcoin is the entire world, how many people have them? almost none.
anyone who is lucky enough to understand bitcoin today and be in a position to buy it is going to be extremely rich in 20 years.

the current paper money regime is not going to last for much longer, its been collapsing for the past 14 years and is now on life support in the form of permanent zero interest rates.
the only alternatives are precious metals and bitcoin.
i'd like to see you buy something on ebay with gold, bitcoin is the only option for honest money in the modern world.

Sure, paper money will crash, but it may take as long as 2075. Historically, systems as we know it, last for 200 years. The dollar and fiat money could go on for another 50-60 years easily as it crashes. We will not wake up tomorrow and say wow, worldwide money has replaced dollar. It will be extremely casual. Thats why Bitcoin as I see it is just a test for the true worldwide currency that will come in the future. Bitcoin as it is now is too monopolised, so its like 1% vs 99% again.

200 years? you have got to be kidding, the dollar in its current paper backed by nothing form doesn't have more than 20 years, and im pretty sure im giving it way more time than it'll have in reality.
all the central banks are at zero interest rate, they fired all their guns, that is it end of the road.
when another wave of market crashes occurs the only way out is by dropping money out of helicopters and completely destroying the dollar in the process.

before the Soviet Union collapsed no one could believe it will ever happen in their lifetime, and yet one day it practically happened overnight, you will not believe how fast the world transforms once the panic sets in.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:33:29 PM

I could be delusional, but i'm not because of greed.
I was. When I buyed the little amount I could @ 1000 USD, greed was motivating me. I eard of btc before, but I thought they where only to buy drugs on internet.

Now i'm considerable more poor than before, but i've learned some lessons and a lot of things about btc. And I want more of them, because I HOPE they will success, and i'll do anything I can for it to be.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:47:09 AM

Stop measuring the value using USD and everything will be fine

brg444

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:57:33 AM

I don't care about the price of btc in 25 years. Technological innovation happens fast, and it's only a matter of time before btc is dethroned by one or more superior cryptos.

Yeah, cause people like to change the forms of money they use every 10 year right, no big deal, right MrBig

I guess it's only a matter of time then for that new superior crypto to be dethroned, cause, you know, technological innovation happens fast.

Or maybe the next one is the ultimate form ?

Roll Eyes

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:01:02 AM

Governments in numerous countries have become involved and now require photo ID collection by major exchanges just to cash out bitcoins.  Ask the people who handed over their photo IDs to MtGox how well that went.

There will always be localbitcoins trading, giftcard buying and direct purchases with bitcoin. KYC offramps aren't needed now or in the future.

MrBig

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:04:09 AM

Yeah, cause people like to change the forms of money they use every 10 year right, no big deal, right MrBig

I guess it's only a matter of time then for that new superior crypto to be dethroned, cause, you know, technological innovation happens fast.

Or maybe the next one is the ultimate form ?

Roll Eyes

I never said 10 years, but rather a matter of time. Also, I don't consider btc to be money.

Anyhow, nice of you to try to change the subject from the btc billionaire fantasy.
brg444

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:11:09 AM

I never said 10 years, but rather a matter of time. Also, I don't consider btc to be money.

Huh

and you expect us to have a serious debate with you?

MrBig

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:25:20 AM

Huh

and you expect us to have a serious debate with you?

No, I expect you to continue believing that btc is going to turn you into a billionaire.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:31:26 AM

Are you shorting Bitcoin right now?

https://www.bitfinex.com/
https://icbit.se/

If not , why not?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: