Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:05:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Security consulant/code reviewer  (Read 1622 times)
madmadmax (OP)

Activity: 740
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:51:31 AM

With the recent hacked businesses this year I have decided to put out my review services out for the public. I have experience running a Bitcoin business and have consulted multiple companies on how to prevent faulty implementation and follow best practices in general.

I mostly review PHP but I am also capable of reviewing C++/C#. I currently only offer PHP since both C++/C# rarely pay well for the effort.

So how does this work?

Pretty simple, you send me the code and I review it and PGP sign it, you are billed at a minimum of 40$ per hour depending on the amount of work needed. Once signed the signature is added to the file and that particular piece of code is insured against failure for up to 10BTC (amount will grow monthly).

The first one wins - don't be the next Mt Gox.

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v2
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=CaRy
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
madmadmax (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:38:23 PM

More relevant than ever.

Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

ClownSpider

Activity: 570
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 06:42:46 PM

MT Gox was not hacked.  They guy took all the money and after the statue of limitations expires, he will have fabricated some fake business success as justification for the suddenly surfaced wealth that he will spend.

Second, the group "Anonymous" that brags to allegedly hack into anything, is bragging that they are openly criminals.  They commit crimes which is one thing.  But to commit a crime and claim that you are a hero, or doing a public service, or claim what you did was NOT criminal, is worse than criminal.  It is stupid and pathological.  There is no "grey hat", you are a white hat or a black hat.  If you break the fucking law, you are a black hat.  Not a grey hat.  You break the law, that is criminal.  If you believe there is justification for the label "grey hat" then you are in reality, a PINK HAT asshole black hat!  And by pink I mean to insult the orientation of any "anonymous" asshole.

I don't know you, but I do not like anyone that has the V for vendetta avatar, as that is associated with the Anonymous pink hats.  If you do not support them or the "Grey" line of criminal thinking, then I support you.  Otherwise I would like to point out the pathological criminal opinion behind "the mask" so that nobody works or pays one of those "anonymous" supporters.

Thank you either way.
madmadmax (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:35:25 AM

MT Gox was not hacked.  They guy took all the money and after the statue of limitations expires, he will have fabricated some fake business success as justification for the suddenly surfaced wealth that he will spend.

Second, the group "Anonymous" that brags to allegedly hack into anything, is bragging that they are openly criminals.  They commit crimes which is one thing.  But to commit a crime and claim that you are a hero, or doing a public service, or claim what you did was NOT criminal, is worse than criminal.  It is stupid and pathological.  There is no "grey hat", you are a white hat or a black hat.  If you break the fucking law, you are a black hat.  Not a grey hat.  You break the law, that is criminal.  If you believe there is justification for the label "grey hat" then you are in reality, a PINK HAT asshole black hat!  And by pink I mean to insult the orientation of any "anonymous" asshole.

I don't know you, but I do not like anyone that has the V for vendetta avatar, as that is associated with the Anonymous pink hats.  If you do not support them or the "Grey" line of criminal thinking, then I support you.  Otherwise I would like to point out the pathological criminal opinion behind "the mask" so that nobody works or pays one of those "anonymous" supporters.

Thank you either way.

I do not really see why the public portrays hackers as intriguing individuals, when hacking is about as tasteless as vandalism, anyone can setup an anonymous server with a domain asking for credit card numbers in exchange for Emma Watsons nudes if you have 100k targeted views there will be at least 20% credit cards submitted, average of 1k per credit card is 20k if you sell them on the deepweb for 5% then you've got 5k which barely makes a normal salary.

The problem is if you're that good why not work for a european firm and make 10k per month doing some bullshit security job plus have all the perks and avoid the risk of getting locked up, only makes sense for individuals with a low financial intelligence. The average human is so dumb he would trade his credit card info for a chocolate bar, playing our monkey brains large scale is about as impressive as stealing candy from a kid, imagine if you get locked up for 5 years after 5 years of work your monthly salary gets inflated to 2.5 versus the 10 that you could have been making.

This is why Bitcoin works as a monetary system so well, it pays significantly more to work for the system than against it. The avatar was set back in 2011 when they still allowed avatars, no ill intent in mind. I still like to keep it because it reminds me of how infinitely not noob I am vs most of the forum.

No such thing as a white hat hacker either, if your system is secure there is no need to order some schmuck to try to bruteforce the password or type in zeros and ones against a green screen to attempt and gain access.

Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:09:37 AM

MT Gox was not hacked.  They guy took all the money and after the statue of limitations expires, he will have fabricated some fake business success as justification for the suddenly surfaced wealth that he will spend.

Second, the group "Anonymous" that brags to allegedly hack into anything, is bragging that they are openly criminals.  They commit crimes which is one thing.  But to commit a crime and claim that you are a hero, or doing a public service, or claim what you did was NOT criminal, is worse than criminal.  It is stupid and pathological.  There is no "grey hat", you are a white hat or a black hat.  If you break the fucking law, you are a black hat.  Not a grey hat.  You break the law, that is criminal.  If you believe there is justification for the label "grey hat" then you are in reality, a PINK HAT asshole black hat!  And by pink I mean to insult the orientation of any "anonymous" asshole.

I don't know you, but I do not like anyone that has the V for vendetta avatar, as that is associated with the Anonymous pink hats.  If you do not support them or the "Grey" line of criminal thinking, then I support you.  Otherwise I would like to point out the pathological criminal opinion behind "the mask" so that nobody works or pays one of those "anonymous" supporters.

Thank you either way.

I do not really see why the public portrays hackers as intriguing individuals, when hacking is about as tasteless as vandalism, anyone can setup an anonymous server with a domain asking for credit card numbers in exchange for Emma Watsons nudes if you have 100k targeted views there will be at least 20% credit cards submitted, average of 1k per credit card is 20k if you sell them on the deepweb for 5% then you've got 5k which barely makes a normal salary.

The problem is if you're that good why not work for a european firm and make 10k per month doing some bullshit security job plus have all the perks and avoid the risk of getting locked up, only makes sense for individuals with a low financial intelligence. The average human is so dumb he would trade his credit card info for a chocolate bar, playing our monkey brains large scale is about as impressive as stealing candy from a kid, imagine if you get locked up for 5 years after 5 years of work your monthly salary gets inflated to 2.5 versus the 10 that you could have been making.

This is why Bitcoin works as a monetary system so well, it pays significantly more to work for the system than against it. The avatar was set back in 2011 when they still allowed avatars, no ill intent in mind. I still like to keep it because it reminds me of how infinitely not noob I am vs most of the forum.

No such thing as a white hat hacker either, if your system is secure there is no need to order some schmuck to try to bruteforce the password or type in zeros and ones against a green screen to attempt and gain access.

you call yourself a "hacker" yet this obviously will not work in real life
sit down and think about why
ClownSpider

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:16:55 AM

ha ha, WTF?  NOOOO You will NOT get 20%, and people will NOT give you their CC simply because you have a website.  Are you for real?  "Deepweb" GTFO nobody calls it that anymore.  20%, 5%, you just invent percentages out of thin air.  Please stop.  $5k is barely a normal salary?  Are you fucking kidding?  $5k is way more than the average person makes.  $5k?  Let us pretend that was monthly, that equals $60k a year.  That is very high.  All of your numbers are wrong.  But I appreciate that you are not claiming to be a hacker.
Please give me the contact info for a firm that is willing to pay 10k per month for some idiot that can open a website as described above.  Or for whatever. 
Bullshit security?  Isn't that what you are offering on this post?
When did $120k per year become so small it "only makes sense for individuals with a low financial intelligence."?
Are you turning your nose up at $120k?  I would kill for a $5k a month job!,, $10k?  I would let people shoot at me!  ha

Nothing in what you just said had anything to do with working for or against bitcoin.
I realize you cannot change your avatar, that is unfortunate that it has become a symbol for noob protestors.
As for you, everything you said is so full of fail and face palm that I regretfully have nothing else to say to you.

You are that schmuck yes?  Or are you just selling bogus insurance?
 If your system is secure, sometimes you want to ensure that your assessment is correct.  Banks do this, I would not insult someone for ensuring that they have worthy security.
Hacking is not brute forcing.
Programming has nothing to do with a green screen.  This is not 1986.
Humans do not type 1s and 0s.
I must question your credentials for any sort of code work that you advertise at this point.
Sorry but everything you said just completely undermines your credibility as a programmer, coder, or anything to do with computers for that matter.  Deepweb?  lol.. deep web.. that was funny.  And those stats!
Please stop.

Thank you
Please take this advice to heart madmadmax.
Everything you wrote was a complete 100% fail.
You forgot to talk about port :139 vulnerabilities with all that green screen, 1s and 0s deep web knowledge.

I am sorry, I normally contain my rage.
FAIL
madmadmax (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:42:24 AM

ha ha, WTF?  NOOOO You will NOT get 20%, and people will NOT give you their CC simply because you have a website.  Are you for real?  "Deepweb" GTFO nobody calls it that anymore.  20%, 5%, you just invent percentages out of thin air.  Please stop.  $5k is barely a normal salary?  Are you fucking kidding?  $5k is way more than the average person makes.  $5k?  Let us pretend that was monthly, that equals $60k a year.  That is very high.  All of your numbers are wrong.  But I appreciate that you are not claiming to be a hacker.
Please give me the contact info for a firm that is willing to pay 10k per month for some idiot that can open a website as described above.  Or for whatever.  
Bullshit security?  Isn't that what you are offering on this post?
When did $120k per year become so small it "only makes sense for individuals with a low financial intelligence."?
Are you turning your nose up at $120k?  I would kill for a $5k a month job!,, $10k?  I would let people shoot at me!  ha

Nothing in what you just said had anything to do with working for or against bitcoin.
I realize you cannot change your avatar, that is unfortunate that it has become a symbol for noob protestors.
As for you, everything you said is so full of fail and face palm that I regretfully have nothing else to say to you.

You are that schmuck yes?  Or are you just selling bogus insurance?
 If your system is secure, sometimes you want to ensure that your assessment is correct.  Banks do this, I would not insult someone for ensuring that they have worthy security.
Programming has nothing to do with a green screen.  This is not 1986.
I must question your credentials for any sort of code work that you advertise at this point.
Sorry but everything you said just completely undermines your credibility as a programmer, coder, or anything to do with computers for that matter.  Deepweb?  lol.. deep web.. that was funny.  And those stats!
Please stop.

Thank you
You forgot to talk about port :139 vulnerabilities with all that green screen, 1s and 0s deep web knowledge.

FAIL

You're just a dumbass.

One of the best ways to get rid of cockroaches in your kitchen is to scatter bread-crumbs under the stove, right? Wrong! That's a dumb idea. One of the best ways to discourage hacking on the Internet is to give the hackers stock options, buy the books they write about their exploits, take classes on "extreme hacking kung fu" and pay them tens of thousands of dollars to do "penetration tests" against your systems, right? Wrong! "Hacking is Cool" is a really dumb idea.

Around the time I was learning to walk, Donn Parker was researching the behavioral aspects of hacking and computer security. He says it better than I ever could:
"Remote computing freed criminals from the historic requirement of proximity to their crimes. Anonymity and freedom from personal victim confrontation increased the emotional ease of crime, i.e., the victim was only an inanimate computer, not a real person or enterprise. Timid people could become criminals. The proliferation of identical systems and means of use and the automation of business made possible and improved the economics of automating crimes and constructing powerful criminal tools and scripts with great leverage."

Hidden in Parker's observation is the awareness that hacking is a social problem. It's not a technology problem, at all. "Timid people could become criminals." The Internet has given a whole new form of elbow-room to the badly socialized borderline personality. The #4th dumbest thing information security practitioners can do is implicitly encourage hackers by lionizing them. The media plays directly into this, by portraying hackers, variously, as "whiz kids" and "brilliant technologists" - of course if you're a reporter for CNN, anyone who can install Linux probably does qualify as a "brilliant technologist" to you. I find it interesting to compare societal reactions to hackers as "whiz kids" versus spammers as "sleazy con artists." I'm actually heartened to see that the spammers, phishers, and other scammers are adopting the hackers and the techniques of the hackers - this will do more to reverse society's view of hacking than any other thing we could do.

If you're a security practitioner, teaching yourself how to hack is also part of the "Hacking is Cool" dumb idea. Think about it for a couple of minutes: teaching yourself a bunch of exploits and how to use them means you're investing your time in learning a bunch of tools and techniques that are going to go stale as soon as everyone has patched that particular hole. It means you've made part of your professional skill-set dependent on "Penetrate and Patch" and you're going to have to be part of the arms-race if you want that skill-set to remain relevant and up-to-date. Wouldn't it be more sensible to learn how to design security systems that are hack-proof than to learn how to identify security systems that are dumb?

My prediction is that the "Hacking is Cool" dumb idea will be a dead idea in the next 10 years. I'd like to fantasize that it will be replaced with its opposite idea, "Good Engineering is Cool" but so far there is no sign that's likely to happen.

Above is my point #1, hiring someone to pentest or attempt to exploit your system makes no sense whatsoever.

If you have half a brain you can EASILY make 5k a month, I was working from home and got paid 25$ per hour when I was a 19 year old teenager, if I could do it without any assistance from the government and no higher education then the average african villager could probably do it as well if he bothered to read books and study English instead of looking for the next chicken he can infect with his aids.

Typing up 1s and 0s was making fun of the publics perception of hacking, if you did not understand that it really makes me question your intelligence.

Yes the average person has a monkey brain and would gladly trade in his credit card number for a chocolate bar just ask b!z he was the fool that invested significant sums of BTC into Casinobit without even knowing the operators name.

It really doesn't surprise me that 60k a year is a lot to you, you've completely missed every single point I made.

Now run back to mommy, ask for a juice box and go nap nap, grown ups are talking here.

Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

ClownSpider

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:44:27 PM

You just got torn appart.
You failed at EVERYTHING you said.
Now you wish to claim you were making nostalgic references to historical crap as a joke.
You were completely NOT funny, and you were completely serious in the bullshit you wrote.

That is why you did not DARE respond to the individual points everyone makes ripping apart you fake intelligence.

When I joke about port 139 nukes, it was clearly a joke.
When you write about 1s and 0s, you were completely serious.

You are an idiot for claiming that someone making 120k a year lacks financial intelligence.
Now you want to pretend that I was focused on 60k per year, and pretend that you make that when you are posting bullshit security consultant ads on a thread that you yourself say would make anyone an idiot for employing you.

You fail in every way.
madmadmax (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:11:46 PM

Now you wish to claim you were making nostalgic references to historical crap as a joke.
You were completely NOT funny, and you were completely serious in the bullshit you wrote.

That is why you did not DARE respond to the individual points everyone makes ripping apart you fake intelligence.

You are an idiot for claiming that someone making 120k a year lacks financial intelligence.
Now you want to pretend that I was focused on 60k per year, and pretend that you make that when you are posting bullshit security consultant ads on a thread that you yourself say would make anyone an idiot for employing you.

You fail in every way.

Your reading comprehension amazes me, we should dissect you and study your dumb brain.

Overall I am still willing to examine businesses for either a stake in the company or monetary compensation, call it giving back to the community.

Please give me one point when I got "torn apart", just one.

Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

PotatoPie

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:34:09 AM

You fail in every way.

Your reading comprehension amazes me, we should dissect you and study your dumb brain.

Overall I am still willing to examine businesses for either a stake in the company or monetary compensation, call it giving back to the community.

From what I read, you're just making stuff up on the spot with no actual experience of evidence to back it up. $40/hour is an absolute joke unless you can actually prove you know what you're doing. I know a lot of pentesters that are good and will work for less than that. Secondly, you're an idiot because you start flaming everyone on your sales thread. This is business 101, you're not going to get any clients and you might as well start a new thread and get a new mind set.

BTC Address: 13mUzcjYysbgNWstbasJ3PVkPB2nCUEqFg
madmadmax (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:53:06 AM

From what I read, you're just making stuff up on the spot with no actual experience of evidence to back it up. $40/hour is an absolute joke unless you can actually prove you know what you're doing. I know a lot of pentesters that are good and will work for less than that. Secondly, you're an idiot because you start flaming everyone on your sales thread. This is business 101, you're not going to get any clients and you might as well start a new thread and get a new mind set.

I am not flaming anyone, sure I am young and passionate about my work and like to call idiots by their rightful name, idiots.

Throwing blank statements just appeals to the ignorant public, provide an argument I will provide a counter argument.

$40 an hour on a full time job could indeed be relatively high, on a part time job I have seen offers worse than mine run up to 120 euro per hour.

Business 101 is people who matter don't care and people who care don't matter, don't know how much business experience you have but I assure you nobody cares who and what I called someone in the free market. Those who care don't have the money to employ me for 15 minutes anyway.

Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

PotatoPie

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:04:35 AM

I am not flaming anyone, sure I am young and passionate about my work and like to call idiots by their rightful name, idiots.

Throwing blank statements just appeals to the ignorant public, provide an argument I will provide a counter argument.

$40 an hour on a full time job could indeed be relatively high, on a part time job I have seen offers worse than mine run up to 120 euro per hour.

Business 101 is people who matter don't care and people who care don't matter, don't know how much business experience you have but I assure you nobody cares who and what I called someone in the free market. Those who care don't have the money to employ me for 15 minutes anyway.

I've had plenty of business experience as I've run a business for many years. Customers generally don't flock towards you if you're volatile to other people that try to put you down. You're in a market where there is plenty of pentesters and almost no demand at all for them. You're not going to get someone giving you $40 an hour with no examples of what you can do and absolutely no idea what you're going to achieve in an hour.

Join programs such as:
-> Hackerone.com
-> Bugcrowd.com

Gain a bit of a profile and get on some bug bounty lists and then come back and try sell your services as you can prove that you at least know something Smiley.

madmadmax (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:19:39 AM

I've had plenty of business experience as I've run a business for many years. Customers generally don't flock towards you if you're volatile to other people that try to put you down. You're in a market where there is plenty of pentesters and almost no demand at all for them. You're not going to get someone giving you $40 an hour with no examples of what you can do and absolutely no idea what you're going to achieve in an hour.

Join programs such as:
-> Hackerone.com
-> Bugcrowd.com

Gain a bit of a profile and get on some bug bounty lists and then come back and try sell your services as you can prove that you at least know something Smiley.

Thank you for your feedback but pentesting is exactly what I am against if you bother to read the thread, there is no point in pentesting or in white hat hackers, if your system isn't faulty to begin with there is no reason to ask a white hat hacker to attempt to exploit it.

Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

PotatoPie

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:24:07 AM

Join programs such as:
-> Hackerone.com
-> Bugcrowd.com

Thank you for your feedback but pentesting is exactly what I am against if you bother to read the thread, there is no point in pentesting or in white hat hackers, if your system isn't faulty to begin with there is no reason to ask a white hat hacker to attempt to exploit it.

A lot of the time, it's not the code that is vulnerable. I'll be honest in saying that when I used to do 'illegitimate testing' against websites, the code was normally not the issue. You'll find now that people are using frameworks more and more that get rid of the issues such as the owasp top 10 and so on. It also comes down to the issue that if they're using a lot of classes and a large system (PHP), it would take a long time to go through multiple PHP files just for one single function (hence the per hour thing being a bit ridiculous here).

madmadmax (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:03:59 AM

A lot of the time, it's not the code that is vulnerable. I'll be honest in saying that when I used to do 'illegitimate testing' against websites, the code was normally not the issue. You'll find now that people are using frameworks more and more that get rid of the issues such as the owasp top 10 and so on. It also comes down to the issue that if they're using a lot of classes and a large system (PHP), it would take a long time to go through multiple PHP files just for one single function (hence the per hour thing being a bit ridiculous here).

I am checking the code, not doing pentesting, if nobody derped up while writing it and the implementation is correct then there is no reason to pentest it. Automatic pentesting software is only applicable when looking for flaws in a large number of websites seeking one to exploit (or one to secure if you come knocking on the door offering your services), it has absolutely no use when securing a single business.

I don't slack and work fast, 40$ per hour is really nothing when it doesn't take that long to review a whole website.

Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

ClownSpider

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:27:48 PM

You fail in every way.

My reading amazes you?  You cannot read AT ALL.
You ask what point you got TORN APART on?
DId you NOT read anything I said?  Because your only reply was "you are a dumbass" after I wrote you multiple paragraphs.

Read this shit: 

ha ha, WTF?  NOOOO You will NOT get 20%, and people will NOT give you their CC simply because you have a website.  Are you for real?  "Deepweb" GTFO nobody calls it that anymore.  20%, 5%, you just invent percentages out of thin air.  Please stop.  $5k is barely a normal salary?  Are you fucking kidding?  $5k is way more than the average person makes.  $5k?  Let us pretend that was monthly, that equals $60k a year.  That is very high.  All of your numbers are wrong.  But I appreciate that you are not claiming to be a hacker.
Please give me the contact info for a firm that is willing to pay 10k per month for some idiot that can open a website as described above.  Or for whatever. 
Are you turning your nose up at $120k?  I would kill for a $5k a month job!,, $10k?  I would let people shoot at me!  ha

If your system is secure, sometimes you want to ensure that your assessment is correct.  Banks do this, I would not insult someone for ensuring that they have worthy security.
Sorry but everything you said just completely undermines your credibility as a programmer, coder, or anything to do with computers for that matter.  Deepweb?  lol.. deep web.. that was funny.  And those stats!
Please stop.

Thank you

FAIL
ClownSpider

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:31:28 PM

Yes he is making up complete fabrications on the spot.
No experience because he says stupid shit like "just open a website and collect 20% bla bla bla"

I tore him apart, others tore him apart, he has no idea what he is talking about.
All he does is try to talk down to people like he is an "old wise experienced" "non noob" because his avatar reminds him of how noob everyone else is.  Then talks about how young he is, and how stupid people are if they only make 120k a year.

Total fake.

Oh, but he wasnt flaming, just pointing out that we are dumb because we called him out on his fake information.
ClownSpider

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:34:20 PM

I am checking the code, not doing pentesting, if nobody derped up while writing it and the implementation is correct then there is no reason to pentest it. Automatic pentesting software is only applicable when looking for flaws in a large number of websites seeking one to exploit (or one to secure if you come knocking on the door offering your services), it has absolutely no use when securing a single business.

I don't slack and work fast, 40$ per hour is really nothing when it doesn't take that long to review a whole website.

Why do you continue to pretend you know what you are talking about?
You can't even use spell check.  So you "derped" your spelling.

I enjoy how pompous you speak.
ClownSpider

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:38:15 PM

Reply to THIS post I made instead of avoiding it like the lamer ass coward that you are!

You want me to point out where you got TORN APART.  Just one example?  Here is 5!

Please stop.

Thank you

FAIL

madmadmax (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 07:13:17 PM

Reply to THIS post I made instead of avoiding it like the lamer ass coward that you are!

You want me to point out where you got TORN APART.  Just one example?  Here is 5!

Please stop.

Thank you

FAIL

So let me get this straight, you supposedly got me torn apart 5 times when in reality you have 2 pseudo-arguments at best, can you even count to 5?

So except begging me for employment and drawing straw man arguments are you actually capable of putting together a coherent argument?

Let us attempt to address the jungle of the remaining idiocy, that is precisely why they shouldn't teach dumb people to write.
Please stop.

Really? You thought that I was seriously implying hackers literally type in 1s and 0s against a green screen? REALLY? It's like they say don't kid around dumb people because then they think they are in good company.

If the system is secure it is secure, if it isn't then pentesting it or rather "testing" it is not only illogical but incredibly stupid.

Given how well targeted the audience is you can even pass 50%, I will gladly stand on that. I will also stand on the fact that the sum of money in the robbed accounts is in no way correlated to actual intelligence, so you can actually make quite a lot of money from these idiots. Yes, people will give you their CC, they will give you their utility bill scans and their bank statements, I bet I could even make you give me your CC if we ever met in person.

The average person should be on the cotton fields anyway, I have no regard for how much he makes and fail to see the relevancy.

Stop being such a roidrage hating teenager living in moms basement and hating on the young and successful, we are smarter and we are better thus we are paid more, it has nothing to do with luck.

Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable