Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:44:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a mining rig but it's too loud for my home.  (Read 2155 times)
3rdStryker (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:30:39 AM

Hey,

I recently bought a script mining rig. I really want to use it but it is too loud for my family. I didn't release it would be so loud. Obviously I cannot return this rig. Is there somewhere I can run this rig and pay for the electricity to run it outside of my home? I am located in Australia.

Brad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whitemage

Activity: 214

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:07:29 AM

Hey,

I recently bought a script mining rig. I really want to use it but it is too loud for my family. I didn't release it would be so loud. Obviously I cannot return this rig. Is there somewhere I can run this rig and pay for the electricity to run it outside of my home? I am located in Australia.

Brad

You can always underclock your mining rig so you can reduce the fan speed and maintain the same heat..

MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:55:11 PM

Hey,

I recently bought a script mining rig...
Waitwaitwait... you have been sold a computer ... with graphics cards? A standard computer?
Scrypt mining on "normal" computers is dead. Did the guy told you? How much did you pay for it?

Odds are the fans are worn out. Maybe you could try changing them but in general hi-end cards are just noisy. If your card is say a 290x or a 290... there's little you can do. Those are noisy and will stay noisy.

Also try different algos, they tend to produce less heat.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 07:50:33 PM

Hey,

Brad
earplug for all the family, what a great gift for christmas  Grin (can you put it in a garage or cellar ? or unused room ?)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
cassimares

Activity: 236

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 04:47:36 AM

Hey,

I recently bought a script mining rig...
Waitwaitwait... you have been sold a computer ... with graphics cards? A standard computer?
Scrypt mining on "normal" computers is dead. Did the guy told you? How much did you pay for it?

Odds are the fans are worn out. Maybe you could try changing them but in general hi-end cards are just noisy. If your card is say a 290x or a 290... there's little you can do. Those are noisy and will stay noisy.

Also try different algos, they tend to produce less heat.

Well he didn't mention its GPU, it might be scrypt asic..

MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:06:22 AM

I sure hope so (for him), but "noisy mining rig" seems more akin to something GPU based.

Are ASICs usually referred as "mining rigs"? It was my understanding that terminology is for computers.
taaku

Activity: 145

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:13:03 AM

i have both gpu rig and asic but my s3 miner is 3 times more noisy then my r9 280x

BTC: 1DgUj6s1yRwauEb89mGn92ZfNqK8xwcZPP
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:24:43 AM

If you know what you're doing you can replace the fans for some larger, lower RPM fans.

That said, I'm not sure what your RIG actually is.

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
sgi02

Activity: 542
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:41:50 AM

Hey,

Brad

Living in a two story home, I had to move my mining gear to the basement. It wasn't difficult and the girlfriend is happier now since everything's quieter! The bonus is that the miners keep the basement dry all year round. Instead of running the dehumidifier when the basement gets damp, I run the miners 24/7 which keeps everything down there dry and warm.
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:35:29 AM

Hey,

Brad

Living in a two story home, I had to move my mining gear to the basement. It wasn't difficult and the girlfriend is happier now since everything's quieter! The bonus is that the miners keep the basement dry all year round. Instead of running the dehumidifier when the basement gets damp, I run the miners 24/7 which keeps everything down there dry and warm.

Interesting! What wattage is the dehumidifier ?

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
cowandtea

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:34:35 AM

Hey,

Brad

Interesting! What wattage is the dehumidifier ?

dehumidifier normally only consume about 100 wattage, but yeah mining rig works great..

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:37:00 AM

Take a photo and post what it looks like. You cant mine with GPUs inside a computer case. It will overheat and be very loud.

Also scrypt mining with GPUs is NUTS!

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██