Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:31:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you make friends after college?  (Read 1167 times)
oprahwindfury (OP)

Activity: 569
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:46:40 AM

While I was in college, making friends was pretty easy. It came naturally because I lived in the dorms and my roommates and I always hung out. There were also a lot of social events like school clubs, etc. Now that I've graduated and moved across the country for my job, I find that making friends is extremely difficult. My co-workers are at least 10 years my senior. I don't really have any peers to connect with on a more personal level.

How did you guys make friends outside of college/school?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gordoh

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:29:44 AM

While I was in college, making friends was pretty easy. It came naturally because I lived in the dorms and my roommates and I always hung out. There were also a lot of social events like school clubs, etc. Now that I've graduated and moved across the country for my job, I find that making friends is extremely difficult. My co-workers are at least 10 years my senior. I don't really have any peers to connect with on a more personal level.

That's a good question. I have always stayed in the same area so always had the same friends since high school. But I am planning on moving to Cape Town soon, so I will need to figure out how to make new friends.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:39:07 AM

My advice to you is to join local clubs, or organizations, like Scouts, fitness club, fisherman,  a book club, dance, whatever you like to do in free time, and visit regularly their activities and events.
In this way, in more natural way, you will find new friends very quickly, believe me Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:17:41 AM

after college you stop bothering about making friends and your main worry is get good stuff done and be efficient.

Life gets simpler this way

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 10:37:43 AM

Honestly? I've been on the internet making friends, unfortunately getting friends is like getting a girlfriend, even though it's slightly easier you still have to prepare yourself for an inevitable "Don't care about you go away" response but sadly the friends I've made on the internet have been better than most of the people I've met RL. I've made some very good friends RL but like I've said in other posts a lot of people in my area are total assholes and I wouldn't be surprised if they ran off to join ISIS so the number is a lot smaller than on the internet but that's just the side effect of being born in a shit hole.

Having friends on the internet also give you an excuse to visit other countries and if they're really nice they'll let you stay at their place when you hang out with them Tongue
mmsen

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:41:04 AM

Sell drugs?
aljunking

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:30:18 AM

I always make friends thru facebook, my workmates are my friends too, going to the bar and by acquaintances.
_chance_

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:24:55 PM

Some of them are still friends from college but mostly i hang out with my colleagues or random peeps i meet at bar or a club.
BAGOBO
Legendary

Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:56:49 PM

Say Hi at the first sight everytime you see you new friend at the college !

If you meet him/her everyday, I'm sure that you will be a friend or a crush  Kiss
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:10:54 PM

Pursue your interests with passion outside work and you will meet like minded folks over time

bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 10:29:30 AM

Stick a want to be friend flyers in the back of the shirt and stand on the street Tongue Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: