Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:03:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This user's password has been changed recently  (Read 1120 times)
devthedev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:25:14 PM

Hey there, how can this new feature be used, how does it benefit users by including it?

Thanks in advance

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 05:26:49 PM

Hey there, how can this new function be used?

I don't understand the question.  Could you rephrase it (and I can delete this post)

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:30:27 PM

I don't understand the question.  Could you rephrase it (and I can delete this post)

I think he wants to know the added value of the text when someone resets/changes their password.

Theymos' post can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=827927.0

This should make it easier to determine whether an account has been compromised.
devthedev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:35:56 PM

I don't understand the question.  Could you rephrase it (and I can delete this post)

I think he wants to know the added value of the text when someone resets/changes their password.

Theymos' post can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=827927.0

This should make it easier to determine whether an account has been compromised.

Alright, thanks for the explanation, somehow I overlooked his post.

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:46:19 PM

Useful for determining when an account has been sold too.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:57:08 PM

Yes , but when an account has changed the pass  it doesn't mean that it was sold , it is also possible that it been hacked.
 It is also possible that the owner has only decided to change his password.
Harvey Specter

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:07:36 PM

Yes , but when an account has changed the pass  it doesn't mean that it was sold , it is also possible that it been hacked.

All of that possible but most people selling accounts specify something like post account & rank so you can observe this page to see if you could get possible accounts but it could be inaccurate I guess.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:10:44 PM

All of that possible but most people selling accounts specify something like post account & rank so you can observe this page to see if you could get possible accounts but it could be inaccurate I guess.

I think the unique way for check if an account was sold it is check the last posts , a new "owner" will change surely the "write mode" . However it is not possible at 100% to determine if an account was sold.
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:20:16 PM

Wouldn't you be a bit more cautious trading with an account that had this warning message? It lets you know that the account was possibly hacked or sold, allowing you to be wary of any previous trust/reputation it might have. That seems to be the use of the warning message to me.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:22:33 PM

Wouldn't you be a bit more cautious trading with an account that had this warning message? It lets you know that the account was possibly hacked or sold, allowing you to be wary of any previous trust/reputation it might have. That seems to be the use of the warning message to me.

Yes , It is the function  of that warning.
Harvey Specter

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:34:37 PM

I certainly would be but again it could just be them updating I'm sure the more tech savvy change their password quite frequently.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: