Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:25:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account  (Read 22695 times)
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:41:29 AM

With market conditions that are hard to guess as it is now hoping to get a big profit from bitcoin by waiting a long time is a tedious thing, we should be able to read and take advantage of opportunities to get profit and in a short time.

TIME
TO
SLEEP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greenpath

Activity: 178
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:20:15 AM

It is good to prepare the future retirement because almost every benefits you will receive when you retired. How much more if you make bitcoin as your preparation for the retirement. It is very good. Even there are risk I think banks who holds these kind of business can provide some necessary tips about investing to bitcoin for retirements purposes. There should have a business like this for we are at the road to cryptocurrency era in our society.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:56:04 AM

I disagree. Transactions may be banned or permanently disappeared. We will not be able to get back what has been lost. This is very risky. Let's say Bitcoin prices go down and retirees will get less money than

May be a bit risky, but this is tantamount to investing for the long term right? I don't think bitcoin transaction will disappear or be banned, the transaction will always be stored in the blockchain network and you can check whenever you want, and I think in the future the price will skyrocket because of the potential of bitcoin. bitcoin for retirement? why not?
almaerk08

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:35:25 AM

It is good to prepare the future retirement because almost every benefits you will receive when you retired. How much more if you make bitcoin as your preparation for the retirement. It is very good. Even there are risk I think banks who holds these kind of business can provide some necessary tips about investing to bitcoin for retirements purposes. There should have a business like this for we are at the road to cryptocurrency era in our society.

I think using bitcoin to prepare for the retirement is quite a good idea. There are possibilities that it can grow much overtime, we can make a lot of money when that time comes. But of course the risk is also big, and we cant avoid it.
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:54:11 AM

I guess bitcoin as a retirement account would not be applicable with me even some people are saying that this is a relevant. For me this is not applicable because of my young age, I cannot guarantee even no one can guarantee until when bitcoin can run or will be profitable. Yes indeed today and for the coming more years this can be profitable because of its current stand but until I get old this I don’t know. What I am doing is that the money or the profit I get thru bitcoin were been save on other account then I got a life insurance that will serve as a retirement money for my future when I get old.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:59:14 AM

Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.

Let say you are 60 years old and you are done on working and you just want to stay at home, cryptocurrency is a really good way for you to earn income since it was a home based job.

EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:34:18 AM

Pretty sure that your employer company would think further ahead to not let your insurance to be consumed into bankruptcy - or else, if that ever happens, you can always file a lawsuit lol
Investing long-term for your retirement on cryptocurrencies is a wise decision but I would not want my insurance to be entirely on bitcoin, or whatever cryptocurrency, as it is very volatile and unexpected and risky.
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:05:12 PM

If bitcoin prices continue to rise of course we can retire, but if the price is like this now make bitcoin as the main hope is a risky thing, continued business or work is something we have to do so if bitcoin fail then we can still survive.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
fight-T

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:08:54 PM

I think this is a good idea but at present there are many hackers breaking in and taking out the bitcoin in your wallet. So if you use bitcoin as your retirement account then you must protect your wallet well in order to avoid stealing and evaporation.
Good luck for all!
ichai

Activity: 445
Merit: 10

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:43:28 PM

very nice if bitcoin can be used as a fund after we retire from work, which is expected bitcoin exchange rates on the future will increase and can be used up to the day our parents, hopefully the price will be more stable bitcoin exchange ...  Grin
I do not think this will be good for our retirement, because BTC can not make a profit for us forever, it can lose value for a long time. So for peace of mind I always accumulate myself a cash in the bank and make a profit every month. That's my intention, when we grow older, our needs are not high.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
micleeiu398

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:11:41 AM

Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is good, but if you’re going to put your retirement pay into it, then you’re doing so at your own risk. But you can still succeed, that’s if you can have patience. I was discussing with one of my friends who was doing Bitcoin and he told me that the only thing he regrets, the only mistake he ever made, was withdrawing his money at an early time. The best thing is put in your money at the earlier time of the year and leave it till year ends when it hits a high rate, then you can withdraw it.
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:59:21 AM

I think this is a very good proposal. From now on, every year a BTC will be deposited to prepare for future retirement!
I think when I retire, I should have no worries! Because BTC will bring huge profits!
DMCR lah

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:28:34 AM

Technological developments have changed the way many parties manage their finances, including funds for retirement. As performed by Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), where users can conveniently manage their accounts at home.
berungan

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:53:52 AM

Are there such things as time locked transactions with a single key?  Do they send the transaction with a date in the future? What happens if you lose the key the coins are destined for before you reach retirement age?

I have heard that one can make a transaction which will not confirm before a predetermined block. I am not sure about the details, but the coins will be in limbo for the time being, receiving address will be able to spend it when it gets 1 confirmation in the predetermined future. 

So, in essence, one would be hoping that the wouldn't lose their private key in 30 or 40 years? That's beside the speculation as to whether or not bitcoin itself will still be around in the future? I know we all want it to be, but storing huge sums with no way to yank it out if something negative occurs, neither of those seem like especially wise decisions...
yes, this seems like a bad move, because there is no movement to sell and buy in the long run. they assume that buying old prices and being sold at current prices will make a profit.
DgurJIupyf

Activity: 392

http://o-tu.ru/

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:50:16 AM

Just Bitcoin.

Your idea is very interesting and promising. But it requires a lot of improvements. For example, with wallets and access, withdrawal system monthly, receiving consumer loans. It seems to me that if we launched such an ICO and brought to a huge number of people, perhaps something very interesting would have happened

dongyi17

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:47:22 AM

If this will really work out this can be good, as a reward for those who retired they have something to spend with in their late years without having much fuss and hassle because as we all know there are lots of conflict claiming those retire's pension but with bitcoin as pension this can be good.

CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:01:28 AM

This is good idea but I will not take a shot on this as the bitcoin has volatile in price movement and it may happen that during your retirement period the price of bitcoin will not as good as those the previous year. Too risky to gamble a retirement plan with this unpredictable investment.
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:22:23 AM

I disagree. Transactions may be banned or permanently disappeared. We will not be able to get back what has been lost. This is very risky. Let's say Bitcoin prices go down and retirees will get less money than

For me it not good for bitcoin as a retirement account. In fact you can see that the current market is very volatile and the value is changing as if every now and then. Do not take the risk because we need our retirement money the most.
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:31:10 AM

In an ideal situation, this wouldn't be a bad option to help pensioners, but the problem is that will we get a company to do that? Let's hope blockchain and its interventions reaches there. It'd be very awesome.
Maricurijohn

Activity: 294
Merit: 8

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:45:25 AM

I think this is a very good proposal. From now on, every year a BTC will be deposited to prepare for future retirement!
I think when I retire, I should have no worries! Because BTC will bring huge profits!
I do not think BTC is a superannuation account, since they are quite volatile, if holding them for the accumulation of old will be very risky, maybe in a short time you will lose capital all because of the price reduction. It is my advice, not to view BTC as an asset to save, just to invest and make a profit in the fixed time.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: