Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:37:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium Entropy update  (Read 8820 times)
cetus

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 11:39:52 AM

I heard the last batch had just arrived at Mycelium office in Vienna for flashing and final assembly.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cisary

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 11:54:22 AM

I'm waiting for mine too.. Is there a way to modify the firmware so that I can use Entropy as HW random number generator? I want to print bunch of wallets and then I plan to experiment with code.. open source FTW!
When did you order?

In the beginning of March shortly before there was "first batch sold out.." announcement
cetus

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 12:34:00 PM

I'm waiting for mine too.. Is there a way to modify the firmware so that I can use Entropy as HW random number generator?

Yes, but there is a nuance.

The main hardware entropy source (SRAM) works only once when you power it up.  If you want to generate a continuous stream, you have to use the built-in TRNG (probably safe, as it's not from Intel) and ADC measurements of a floating input.  There is a new appendix in the user manual about it: https://mycelium.com/assets/entropy/me.html#_appendix_b_how_it_works .

You can power SRAM off in hibernate mode, but it takes about 30 seconds for each sampling of about 6 kbits of entropy.  SRAM discharge is slower in hibernate mode than when the device is unplugged.

Personally, I doubt there is any chance at all that Atmel's built-in hardware RNG is compromised.  And you can still use the one-off salt from SRAM to thwart any hardware attacks on the built-in TRNG module.
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 05:21:16 PM

FYI, the first batch of 800 devices sold out around August. So anyone ordering in September onwards had to wait. Yes, the remaining 200 were received recently, and are being packaged and prepared for shipping now.
ZorroPai

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:36:57 AM

Hi,
I am living in Vienna and would like to buy an Entropy-Device cash.

Can I come to you tomorrow?

Thank you,
Zorro

★★★★★★★ BLOCKLANCER ★★★★★★★
★ Freelance on the BlockchainVISIT US! JOIN BOUNTY
The first Decentralized Autonomous Job market (DAJ)
trasla

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 06:30:05 PM

Hi,
I am living in Vienna and would like to buy an Entropy-Device cash.

Can I come to you tomorrow?

Thank you,
Zorro

Hey, sorry for the late answer.
We still have a couple open to ship, which I send out as I get them from the hardware department - so no spare ones to sell, currently.
I could maybe borrow you mine, if you just want to make a couple of paper wallets, though.
Shoot me a PM if you would like to!
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:32:26 PM

If someone wants to verify the 2-of-3 private key shares that entropy prints, here's a way to do it:

• Download the sss python code from here:
    https://github.com/cetuscetus/btctool/blob/bip/bip-xxxx.mediawiki

• Download the bitcoin address utility (windows exe or source) from here:
    https://casascius.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/bitcoin-address-utility/

• NOW IT'S A GOOD TIME TO GO OFFLINE, BECAUSE THE NEXT STEPS COULD OTHERWISE COMPROMISE YOUR PRIVATE KEY!!!  Shocked

• Edit the test() function in bip-sss.py like this:
    def test():
        gf = GF(0x11d)

share1, dec_m1, dec_id1, dec_type1 = decode("SSS-<enter your entropy private key share 1 of 3 here>")
        share2, dec_m2, dec_id2, dec_type2 = decode("SSS-<enter your entropy private key share 2 of 3 here>")
        share3, dec_m3, dec_id3, dec_type3 = decode("SSS-<enter your entropy private key share 3 of 3 here>")

shares = [ share1, share2, share3 ]

combined = combine(gf, shares)
        secret = make_secret(CTB_BASE58, length = 32, data = combined[1:33], is_private_key = True, compressed = True)

#sss_test(gf, 1, 1)
        #sss_test(gf, 2, 1)
        #sss_test(gf, 1, 2)
        #sss_test(gf, random.randint(1, 64), random.randint(1, 255))

#enc_dec_test(gf, 20)
    Put the three shares ("SSS-...") from your entropy printout into the script!

• Go to the end of bip-sss.py, uncomment test() and comment gen_vectors():
    test()
    #gen_vectors()

• Run the script, it will output your private key in WIF format (or an error if something's wrong with your shares).
    I'm using ubuntu in a VirtualBox on windows for that.
    If you're not familiar with python scripts (like myself  Smiley) it's better to run it once without any modifications (it prints out some tests), to see if everything is in place and working OK.

• Run the bitcoin address utility, navigate to menu tools/utility and enter your private key (from the python script) into the field labeled "Private Key (WIF)".
    Click on the second button under the input field (with two triangles pointing down).
    Your BTC address is shown in the last field, compare it with the printout.
    Should be exactly the same if everything went OK!  Smiley

I hope that this description is somehow useful. Don't hesitate to ask me if something's unclear.

For total security I recommend to do this procedure on a disconnected PC which never touches the internet.
If you do this on a PC which is infected with malware (trojans, keyloggers, etc.), your private key could get stolen and your BTC will be lost!

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: