Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:46:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Update] Going to try a few Bitcoin advertising platforms...  (Read 2899 times)
btcinstant (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 12:31:39 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2012, 11:50:45 PM by btcinstant

I'm going to do my first big bitcoin advertising push I've ever done for my service BTCinstant and report back what kind of luck I have for other advertisers thinking of using the following services:

....added https://coinad.com/
......added http://www.fiveminutecoin.com

I'll give everyone a week or so to tally up the results...

Suggestions of other's welcomed also!  Smiley
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 12:47:09 AM

Don't forget BitcoinMagazine.net, site and print magazine. Wink

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 12:48:22 AM

before you try BitcoinAdvertisers.com, see:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83328.0

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
btcinstant (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 12:48:48 AM

Good point! Wink  Where can I see your advertising rates Mr. Wright.
btcinstant (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 12:49:29 AM

Yes, I saw that Sad  I figured maybe I would give them a fair shake but we'll see thanks for letting me know after seeing that thread there is no attempt from a PR standpoint from  Andrew  to fix it ? That doesn't sit well so I'll pass on it ... Thanks for the heads up...
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 01:00:31 AM

Good point! Wink  Where can I see your advertising rates Mr. Wright.

Drop a line to ads@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk and whomever is available (probably Adam Harding) will get to you with the rates, deadlines, requirements, etc.

btcinstant (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 01:01:37 AM

Drop a line to ads@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk and whomever is available (probably Adam Harding) will get to you with the rates, deadlines, requirements, etc.

Thanks shall do!
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 01:39:40 AM

Yes, I saw that Sad  I figured maybe I would give them a fair shake but we'll see thanks for letting me know after seeing that thread there is no attempt from a PR standpoint from  Andrew  to fix it ? That doesn't sit well so I'll pass on it ... Thanks for the heads up...
he's pretty much saying "our tos says we can do it for any reason so i wont give you a reason".

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
btcinstant (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 02:53:47 AM

he's pretty much saying "our tos says we can do it for any reason so i wont give you a reason".
Bizarre stuff no doubt.

So far trying all these different platforms is proving to be interesting.  CoinURL is pending I wonder how long it will take for them to approve.  OperationFab I did a walletbit transfer over to it  which ws a pretty confusing process took me like 15-20 minutes and now I'm waiting for it to show up there anyone know how long it takes to show up in OpFab?  FeedZeBirds I made a typo so put in a help ticket to them.  Moving on to the others...
slothbag

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 12:16:09 PM

Take a look at http://bitcoincounsel.com/categories/showcategory/53 for a list of bitcoin advertising services.

I'm currently trying out BitcoinAdvertisers and OperationFabulous on this site. Gotta say i'd prefer OpFab but no one is there to activate my account. Sad
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 12:21:39 PM

You also missed the http://bitcoincounsel.com/ platform itself.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 02:41:30 PM

FeedZeBirds I made a typo so put in a help ticket to them.  Moving on to the others...

On FeedZeBirds, there's no way to edit a campaign, so just click the refund button, get your money back, and make a new campaign with proper spelling Wink  There is no confirmation delay, so as soon as you send the funds it'll start.
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2012, 05:16:03 PM

I was really hoping bitcoinadvertisers was going to blow away the competition like it was promoted to do. But the images aren't showing up on my site and I've yet to receive any reason why.

That's a technical issue I am sure will be worked out, but the biggest thing working against bitcoinadvertisers is Andrew. He hasn't done anything to piss me off, but he's clearly not putting in any effort to be helpful and courteous to others. The other biggest problem is his insistence to use this CPC method. I think the CPC method is highly flawed. It opens the door to potential fraud and policing, and then legitimacy issues. I use Google Adsense and to this day I really think they're a ripoff, both for advertisers and publishers.

To be honest, my favorite method is the one Operation Fabulous uses. I really think it's an intelligent system. The problem is it seems to be over most people's heads. I know that's a dick thing to say, but I don't think most people see the brilliance in it.

When I designed my website at dailyanarchist.com I put a column in the middle of the page that could be filled with tower ads. Originally my intention was to sell direct advertising spaces from top to bottom. How much a person bid would determine how high their ad was placed on the page. It was pure auction style. This means that each advertiser is getting the most bang for their buck, never overpaying for ad space, and the publisher's income is not dependent on how enticing an ad is to click on. For example, some advertisements are boring and nobody would want to click on them. Then the publisher isn't making any money on that ad if it's CPC. But if it's auction style the success of an ad is dependent on the advertiser, like it should be.

But a lot of people are frustrated by OF's auction style format, because they say they have to keep checking in on their ad to see if it's up or not. What they don't get is that they aren't supposed to have to check in at all. You simply find a website you want to advertise on, place your MAXIMUM bid for how much you would be willing to spend per day, or in other words your MAXIMUM CPM, and then walk away. If someone outbids you you don't have to go back to out bid them, because you already put your MAXIMUM bid in. If you are the winning bidder you don't need to adjust your bid because you're automatically paying the lowest amount possible, just above the second place bidder.

Anyways, it's a brilliant system that most people don't understand, and because of that it doesn't get used very much, which means the possibilities for publishers to make money suffers.

The only way I could see bitcoinadvertisers salvaging this whole thing is if they switch to a CPM method and Andrew just completely stops posting on this forum. His mouth is his greatest enemy especially when dealing with an inherently untrustworthy method of payment like CPC.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
btcinstant (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 05:18:00 PM

Thanks everyone for the other one's! I'll try them out.

Btw: who owns OperationFab ? I still haven't received my deposit there.
btcinstant (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 05:18:57 PM

FeedZeBirds I made a typo so put in a help ticket to them.  Moving on to the others...

On FeedZeBirds, there's no way to edit a campaign, so just click the refund button, get your money back, and make a new campaign with proper spelling Wink  There is no confirmation delay, so as soon as you send the funds it'll start.

Oh yes duh ...ok I'll do that thank you! really like the ease of use of your system...
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 12:34:28 AM

Yes, I saw that Sad  I figured maybe I would give them a fair shake but we'll see thanks for letting me know after seeing that thread there is no attempt from a PR standpoint from  Andrew  to fix it ? That doesn't sit well so I'll pass on it ... Thanks for the heads up...

A dispute with a partner running a competing adservice has no effect on advertisers, future advertisers on my service can be assured that fraudulent clicks from that source will not be deducted from your balance.
So... the only reason at all that you are disputing it and making trouble is because they are competition? And those that are not competition have nothing to fear? Shady.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 12:52:45 AM

To be honest, my favorite method is the one Operation Fabulous uses. I really think it's an intelligent system. The problem is it seems to be over most people's heads. I know that's a dick thing to say, but I don't think most people see the brilliance in it.

As a publisher, I love the fact that I can literally walk away and don't have to manage anything.

Anyway, the reason why operationfabulous is like that is because of a non-BTC site called projectwonderful.com.

btcinstant (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 11:50:33 PM

So far the only one I ran is CoinURL and saw a very large spike to my delight of 1,089 visits  - is it possible to have 1,089 visitors and not one person take action ? Something doesn't see right here ... as I usually get 30-40 visits a day and 2 orders a day ....

Impressions today: 292
Impressions total: 4320

and 0 clicks in there stat area ....so confused  Huh either way it was interesting to see it ....

I'm just fixing FeedZeBirds they are up next ....

oh and OperationFab hasn't received my deposit from wallebit ? I have a feeling a lost some BTC on that one lol ...
drewsonlinenow

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 04:56:55 PM

Yes, I saw that Sad  I figured maybe I would give them a fair shake but we'll see thanks for letting me know after seeing that thread there is no attempt from a PR standpoint from  Andrew  to fix it ? That doesn't sit well so I'll pass on it ... Thanks for the heads up...

A dispute with a partner running a competing adservice has no effect on advertisers, future advertisers on my service can be assured that fraudulent clicks from that source will not be deducted from your balance.
lol, give it up.  I'm just a little guy in this whole thing, but have like 0.2BTC that's sitting there unpaid.  There's no click fraud whatsoever, I've clicked it myself once (because I was interested in the link that popped up and used it-- take 1 click's worth of money off my total if you want and pay me: 1HC9egfvPNDKa6hHEAtq5QMqFybSjBZqLa).

Lots of people are saying they haven't been paid by you.  It's not one competitor.  You're a joke. 
drewsonlinenow

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 10:34:08 PM

I took your ads off the site, but as you can see:

http://bitcoinadvertisers.com/partnerstat.php?p=1HC9egfvPNDKa6hHEAtq5QMqFybSjBZqLa

I'm owed 0.22, hasn't been paid. 

If I get the payment, maybe I'll use your ads again.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: