Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:01:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS: Legendary BCT forum account 1k+ activity 1k+ post count  (Read 3244 times)
ntolentantonec (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:14:17 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 09:44:22 PM by ntolentantonec

It is my own account. Its in mint condition.
Selling accounts is allowed and will not result in a ban if discovered: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303414.msg3269475#msg3269475
Escrow is required.
No refunds.
Buyer must show lots of positive rep. I don't want any scammers tarnishing my name.
All my posts will be deleted. Fresh start. Will only remove select posts.

Accepting offers. (1btc reserve price)

Reason for selling: I need the coin.

[/s]

EDIT: Not for sale anymore. The highest offer wasn't to my liking. And I expect now that bitcoin is rallying, I won't get higher offers for sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
berserkerbarrage

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:45:48 AM

I offer 1BTC
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:13:05 AM

what does 13 filed mean?
Accepting offers. (anything under 1 btc will be 13-filed.)
Watoshi-Dimobuto

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:50:13 AM

what does 13 filed mean?
Accepting offers. (anything under 1 btc will be 13-filed.)

i don't get it either Huh
possibly minimum price.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:08:58 AM

Account creation date: mid-2010 to mid-2011.
No refunds.
Buyer must show lots of positive rep. I don't want any scammers tarnishing my name.
All my posts will be deleted. Fresh start.

You don't know the year you registered your account.
Once you deleted all the post, the account will drop down to newbies making the legendary status useless.

This might be a smart scam. 1 BTC for a newbies account. No refunds
berserkerbarrage

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:18:28 AM

WOW! nevermind then! if you delete post it will no longer be lengendary. WORTHLESS. I retract my offer.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:27:22 AM

Account creation date: mid-2010 to mid-2011.
No refunds.
All my posts will be deleted. Fresh start.

You don't know the year you registered your account.
Once you deleted all the post, the account will drop down to newbies making the legendary status useless.

This might be a smart scam. 1 BTC for a newbies account. No refunds
The OP probably wants to hide the identity of the account as there are very few accounts with 1k+ activity and posts.

He probably also does not understand how activity works and/or is trolling/bluffing about being able to sell a legendary account

TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:35:30 PM

The OP probably wants to hide the identity of the account as there are very few accounts with 1k+ activity and posts.

He probably also does not understand how activity works and/or is trolling/bluffing about being able to sell a legendary account

As soon as the password is reset, everybody will know.

https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php

No way he is selling that account.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:55:05 PM

there are plenty of legit reasons to change/reset your password that do not involve the sale of accounts. It is good security practice to change your password every so often.

I have seen many mods/admins have their password changed and I doubt they sold their accoint.
TinEye

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:08:24 PM

there are plenty of legit reasons to change/reset your password that do not involve the sale of accounts. It is good security practice to change your password every so often.

I have seen many mods/admins have their password changed and I doubt they sold their accoint.

A 1000+ activity and 1000+ post account password doesn't change everyday. It will show up easily.

Same goes for Hero members. It will be difficult to sell any Hero or Legendary accounts now.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:11:01 PM

A 1000+ activity and 1000+ post account password doesn't change everyday. It will show up easily.

Same goes for Hero members. It will be difficult to sell any Hero or Legendary accounts now.
you are correct that the password change will show up. But it is not possible to tell if the account owner is changing his password for himself or changing it because it is being sold.
TinEye

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:14:32 PM

you are correct that the password change will show up. But it is not possible to tell if the account owner is changing his password for himself or changing it because it is being sold.

If there were 2-3 1000+ accounts changing passwords everyday then would be difficult. Thats not the case, it will be easy to figure out if the account mentioned here is sold.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:17:06 PM

If there were 2-3 1000+ accounts changing passwords everyday then would be difficult. Thats not the case, it will be easy to figure out if the account mentioned here is sold.
Just because an account that matches the OP's description changes his password and/or resets his password does not mean that the account was sold. All it means is that someone changed their password.
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 08:21:51 PM

The seller should consider not removing all posts you cant sell a acc with 1k+ act and 1k+ posts if you remove them before you sell them= Roll Eyes
TinEye

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:32:53 PM

Just because an account that matches the OP's description changes his password and/or resets his password does not mean that the account was sold. All it means is that someone changed their password.

It raises suspicion. As not many Hero and Legendary passwords are not changed, it comes into focus. The one listed here would be obvious when it is changed.

From your link I see you have a few Hero accounts on sell. I can see why the new feature is not welcome to you.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:39:26 PM

The seller should consider not removing all posts you cant sell a acc with 1k+ act and 1k+ posts if you remove them before you sell them= Roll Eyes

He could mean that he will just go through all his old posts and edit the text to say "deleted" or "account sold" or something like that. It would preserve the activity and post count without tarnishing his reputation.
TinEye

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:45:03 PM

He could mean that he will just go through all his old posts and edit the text to say "deleted" or "account sold" or something like that. It would preserve the activity and post count without tarnishing his reputation.

It would also reveal the account to be a sold one which will make it a loss for the buyer. Besides, he can't edit or delete posts from locked threads or those in Lending section.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:39:02 PM

It would also reveal the account to be a sold one which will make it a loss for the buyer. Besides, he can't edit or delete posts from locked threads or those in Lending section.

I don't think he really cares about revealing his account if he intended to delete all of his posts in the first place. As he said, he wants to find a buyer who won't give his account a bad reputation, so they would probably understand why he would want to do this.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 12:57:05 AM

The password will only show up in the log If the password was reset through EMAIL which doesn't affect changing it in your profile in this case.

Seller give new owner the password and he can change it on the profile.

The log is to prevent hacking not account sales.
TinEye

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:31:41 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 11:54:53 AM by TinEye

The password will only show up in the log If the password was reset through EMAIL which doesn't affect changing it in your profile in this case.

Seller give new owner the password and he can change it on the profile.

The log is to prevent hacking not account sales.

It will show up even you change from the profile. Look at that log.

This was his earlier auction https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711892.0

For those worried about the password change revealing that it was sold:

There's a very simple solution. The buyer does not need to reveal ze day on which he changed ze password. Also. The buyer and I can be discreet about the sale so that no one will know if it actually was sold except me, the buyer, and the escrow.

Also FWIW I do change my password sometimes.

You don't get it. As soon as a 1000+ activity, 1000+ posts Legendary account created in early 2011 changes its password, everybody will be aware.

One solution can be that you wait for a day when several accounts matching your description changes password. Its not your problem, its the buyers.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: