Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:47:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **PUBLIC ALERT** Change with process of "mining" BTC or it WILL fail.  (Read 6506 times)
TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 04:06:10 AM

What would be interesting is a method of mining that uses the internet itself. E.g. a mining widget that can be left running in the background of an offline website (I'm not talking about renting hashpower - that's still got mining hardware behind it). That way our homes are left in peace! The only sad reality though is that the big players will just install massive webserver farms (and so the status quo will return).

Unfortunately the libertarian dream of decentralization is clashing with the reality of damn dirty capitalism. I don't think there's any escaping the big players. Just pray that the big players don't eventually become the crypto version of money-lenders. Then it'd be a scenario of multiple federal reserves probably colluding with each other for the financial interest of shareholders (again!).

Then we'd truly have a dystopian society. Worst of all, we'd all have to shut up about it because we willed it into existence with our hubristic promises of a brave new financial world.

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Interized (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Coolness: ∞

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:19:28 AM

If you have some grand idea about what is better than Bitcoin, then fucking build it and let it compete.

I'm starting to think some of you people are insane.

Maybe I'm the insane one for responding to the endless stream of shit spewed forth on this forum.

Insane for predicting the end of a tiny project?

This isn't the end of the world we are talking about, just Bitcoin.

Relax, you sound like you are in a cult.

Gold isn't the answer.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:21:04 AM

If you have some grand idea about what is better than Bitcoin, then fucking build it and let it compete.

I'm starting to think some of you people are insane.

Maybe I'm the insane one for responding to the endless stream of shit spewed forth on this forum.

He is. Bitcoin zealot, dont waste your time.
Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:26:35 AM

No, insane for starting the 500th thread about the same damn topic. There was a huge mining-is-the-death-of-Bitcoin thread just a week ago. Search before you post.

I've been hearing about the end of Bitcoin since I first got involved a few years ago. If anyone is acting cultish, it's the people constantly predicting the end of Bitcoin.

If it ends, so be it. I'm ready and willing to accept that fate.

What I don't understand is the tenacity of those who feel the need to convince people like me (who has done his homework) that Bitcoin is on the verge of sudden death. If you think it's over, move on to something better.

Why don't you just stop visiting this forum with such a negative attitude? Just stop responding is the first step.

Gold isn't the answer.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:28:08 AM

We have not had a currency that was issued into existence for one and we have not had a digital coin with a standard. 
Who would issue and standardize a digital coin?

Trusted entities. I would be willing to issue currency denominated in a objective standard like a ratio to the rogers commodity basket index and redeemable in objective value like USD or gold or used boat parts,  and I would be willing to secure a node of a blockchain for free. 
Who is trusted? Howabout Obama? He was the most popularly elected president in world history. He even has a Nobel Peace Prize!

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 04:28:53 AM

Sooo.. WTF do I need to use so I can get this stench of CIA/NSA/oBomBa crypto fiat off of my pc ?! Shocked

What would be interesting is a method of mining that uses the internet itself. E.g. a mining widget that can be left running in the background of an offline website (I'm not talking about renting hashpower - that's still got mining hardware behind it). That way our homes are left in peace! The only sad reality though is that the big players will just install massive webserver farms (and so the status quo will return).

Unfortunately the libertarian dream of decentralization is clashing with the reality of damn dirty capitalism. I don't think there's any escaping the big players. Just pray that the big players don't eventually become the crypto version of money-lenders. Then it'd be a scenario of multiple federal reserves probably colluding with each other for the financial interest of shareholders (again!).

Then we'd truly have a dystopian society. Worst of all, we'd all have to shut up about it because we willed it into existence with our hubristic promises of a brave new financial world.

History repeating itself is FUN ! wwwWWWWWEEEEEEEEEE ! Tongue

Century of Enslavement: The History of The Federal Reserve --> http://youtu.be/5IJeemTQ7Vk?list=UU7TvL4GlQyMBLlUsTrN_C4Q

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:30:08 AM

Why don't you just stop visiting this forum with such a negative attitude? Just stop responding is the first step.
It's not a negative attitude, it's called well-deserved mocking.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:36:32 AM

I'm not the one with the negative attitude. I'm not the one predicting the death and destruction of everything Bitcoin! I think things are progressing as well as one could expect for a disruptive tech like Bitcoin.

This is a place to talk about Bitcoin, not rage at someone talking about a possible realistic future.

Bye.

Gold isn't the answer.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:38:16 AM

We have not had a currency that was issued into existence for one and we have not had a digital coin with a standard. 

Trusted entities. I would be willing to issue currency denominated in a objective standard like a ratio to the rogers commodity basket index and redeemable in objective value like USD or gold or used boat parts,  and I would be willing to secure a node of a blockchain for free. 
Who is trusted? Howabout Obama? He was the most popularly elected president in world history. He even has a Nobel Peace Prize!

I say we start trusting those who have a reputation of doing what they say. I am willing to trust you a lot more than KNC, but trust is liquid and changes with circumstance. That is why we need a decentralized reputation keeper. I will run a node at a cost to me. Will you?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:40:59 AM

I say we start trusting those who have a reputation of doing what they say. I am willing to trust you a lot more than KNC, but trust is liquid and changes with circumstance. That is why we need a decentralized reputation keeper. I will run a node at a cost to me. Will you?
Isn't that called a FICO score?

Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:41:47 AM

I'm not the one with the negative attitude. I'm not the one predicting the death and destruction of everything Bitcoin! I think things are progressing as well as one could expect for a disruptive tech like Bitcoin.

This is a place to talk about Bitcoin, not rage at someone talking about a possible realistic future.

Bye.

You've brought nothing new to the conversation (which is about 4 years old now).

I'm just pointing out that fact. I'm trying to figure out why you think you've come across some revelation about the future when all you've done is regurgitate the ramblings of a previous dead horse beater.

You just complain without offering any alternative.

You too.

Bai.  Roll Eyes

Gold isn't the answer.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:42:43 AM

Very similar but decentralized.   
Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:43:09 AM

Yeah but that is centralized.

Gold isn't the answer.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:45:50 AM

Yeah but that is centralized.
So what you are asking for is trustless trust. No?

Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:46:23 AM

Bye.

You've brought nothing new to the conversation (which is about 4 years old now).

I'm just pointing out that fact. I'm trying to figure out why you think you've come across some revelation about the future when all you've done is regurgitate the ramblings of a previous dead horse beater.

You just complain without offering any alternative.

You too.

Bai.  Roll Eyes

No, I've offered you an alternative. Build the system you think competes with Bitcoin and give it to the world! That's much better than rehashing 4 year old topics and acting like it's some urgent thing.

**PUBLIC ALERT**

Blah blah blah are you done yet? We get it, heard you, want a trophy?

Gold isn't the answer.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:48:09 AM

The thing about trust is that you can build it until you've reached your goal. See pirateat40. He did what he said until he didn't. History is littered with examples. I just chose one that might hit closer to home for some here.

The thing about trust is that trade requires it. There is no such thing as trust less transactions. It is all a matter of who to trust.  Right now bitcoiners trust who ever has the best mining hardware.. That system sucks dick. I am saying why not trust the individuals with the greatest trustworthiness instead, but that is against holliday's religion 
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:49:34 AM

The thing about trust is that you can build it until you've reached your goal. See pirateat40. He did what he said until he didn't. History is littered with examples. I just chose one that might hit closer to home for some here.

The thing about trust is that trade requires it. There is no such thing as trust less transactions. It is all a matter of who to trust.  Right now bitcoiners trust who ever has the best mining hardware.. That system sucks dick. I am saying why not trust the individuals with the greatest trustworthiness instead, but that is against holliday's religion 
You can have a decentralized trust system like Silk Road, but only desperate drug addicts would trust it.

Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:49:59 AM

Government issued mining hardware, everyone must own one and get it replaced every year or as needed?

Tax is the power it uses.

Gold isn't the answer.
Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:51:56 AM

Blah blah blah are you done yet? We get it, heard you, want a trophy?

So this is the extent of your knowledge? You can precisely predict what will cause Bitcoin's final demise but you can't provide us with an alternative?

Maybe you can learn something from the other people posting and stop the raging.

Gold isn't the answer.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 04:52:10 AM

The thing about trust is that trade requires it. There is no such thing as trust less transactions. It is all a matter of who to trust.  Right now bitcoiners trust who ever has the best mining hardware.. That system sucks dick. I am saying why not trust the individuals with the greatest trustworthiness instead, but that is against holliday's religion  

Government issued mining hardware, everyone must own one and get it replaced every year or as needed?

Tax is the power it uses.

sHitler gave the Austrians radios.

oBomBa gave the Yanks cell phones.

Do you see where this is going ?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: